Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2006 Display Reviews —› Argentina: Press Release and Soundtrack
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 30, 2006 11:08:19

Emotions will run high at L’International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS for the “Evita and Che” show by Argentine company Cienfuegos

Montréal, June 29, 2006 – L’International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS will welcome Argentine company Cienfuegos to La Ronde at 10 p.m. this Sunday, July 2, for a spectacular fireworks show titled “Evita and Che.”

The Cienfuegos show will depict the lives of two internationally known Argentine legends, Evita Perón and Che Guevara, who fought for a better world, both at home and abroad. A man and a woman who shared their dreams, smiles and tears. And that is precisely what will be delivered this Sunday at La Ronde: emotions.

The show’s soundtrack will range from upbeat to melancholic. It will include excerpts from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical Evita and melodies from South America to represent Evita Perón, and songs from Central America, where Che Guevara became famous. Two musical selections were especially arranged for the show: a version of Don’t Cry for Me, Argentina and a hymn to Che Guevara, Hasta Siempre.

To tell the moving stories of these famous Argentines, Cienfuegos will use “weeping willow” fireworks that will send showers of golden stars over La Ronde’s Lac des Dauphins. The blue and white of Argentina’s flag will also be prominently displayed among the various colours of the fireworks, which are sure to delight an enraptured crowd this Sunday.

The company, which is participating for the second time in the Montréal fireworks event, has presented several shows on the international stage, including in France, Spain, Brazil and the U.S. Luis Borca, President of Cienfuegos, says Montréal is the company’s favourite destination, not only because of the warm welcome it receives from the public and the team of pyrotechnicians at La Ronde, but because the city’s fireworks competition is the biggest in the world.

Soundtrack:

Don’t cry for me Argentina (Andrew Lloyd Webber – Tim Rice)
Asuncion (Robert Bolt)
Tanguera (Sexteto Mayor)
Recuerdo (Sexteto Mayor)
Vida moderna (Neo Clubber Mix)
Don’t cry for me Argentina (Madonna)
Don’t cry for me Argentina (Diana Peyrera)
Requiem for Évita (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
De igual a igual (Leon Gieco)
Malambo (Carlinhos Brown & Dero)
Batucada (Derechos de Autor reservados)
Malaguena Salerosa (Chingon)
L’Arena (Ennio Morricone)
Curios electric (Vangelis)
Huella Pampa (Huella Pampa)
Carlos Puebla (Hector Pilatti – Diana Peyrera)
No llores por mi Argentina (Huella Pampa)
Gatica el Mono (Ivan Wyszogrod)

Posted: Jul 1, 2006 18:45:07

Sounds like a nice display by the Argentinian team, but the soundtrack seems a touch repetitive with the "Don't Cry for me Argentina" soundtrack, though I also suspect that there might be some differentiations in rhythm and beat.

I also hope that the weeping willow effect won't be used too extensively. Otherwise, it looks like we will witness a fine performance.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019