Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2006 Display Reviews —› Winners of the 2006 competition
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 00:32:50

I just got back from the final display of 2006, but I did not get to hear the winners of this year. Someone knows the results?

My heart is still beating fast, from the wonderful show that La Ronde had in store for us......and what a sensational finale!!!

Good night everyone!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 00:36:51   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Pierre,

LOL. I just posted a topic with the same question! Anyhow, here are the results:

1st-USA
2nd-France
3rd-Australia

The display was pretty good, but the ending could have been way more intense! Though, it was slightly better than last year's ending. I just hated all those kamuros in the end! The faux finale was pretty good, of course. However, as I was telling my family, Spain 2001's faux finale was identical to tonight's finale nearly combined!

Anyhow, man, too much traffic, especially coming out of downtown into the 720!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 02:18:37   Edited by: Chris_2112

Man, this closing show pwned last year's. Really much improved. It was, in my opinion, actually better than a couple of the countries who competed! And such a diversity of fireworks! Really great. Anyway, once again, and for the last time this year, my photos!

http://www.eps.mcgill.ca/~devries/fireworks7.htm

Enjoy, and if you really enjoy, vote for them in that Globetrotter photo competition, currently in voting for last week's photos...mine are called Australie - feux1 ---> Australie - feux9, but check it out, and vote for the best ones (...especially should they happen to be mine ) The grand prize is a trip to the Festival d'art pyrotechnique de Cannes, which sounds amazing.

http://photos.globetrotter.net/concours/galerie_vote.asp?ide=2

The next voting period starts on August 4, for the closing show.

Cheers guys, and if I am in town next year, I will definitely be going to this again, AND taking many photos (I took over 1000 firework photos this year) ...(unfortunately, I'll probably not be in town beyond December 2006 , but anything can happen I suppose).

Posted: Jul 31, 2006 14:30:11

Hi Chris,

I want to personally thank you for your contributions to this forum. Your pictures are very admirable and very professional. I also hope to see you next year as well as some more of your snapshots from the bridge, or elsewhere, while I hope that you will share your comments on whatever topic is being displayed here.

As for the Panzera show, in general, it was certainly better devised than that of last year's, but I sincerely was hoping for a much larger and collaborating finish.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024