Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2007 Display Reviews —› France - Press Release
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 21, 2007 10:01:55

France to tell the tragic story of Romeo and Juliet as part of L'International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS

MONTREAL, July 21 /CNW Telbec/ - At 10 p.m. this evening, as part of L'International des Feux Loto-Québec presented by TELUS, French firm Féérie will provide fireworks enthusiasts with numerous moments of intense emotion during "Amour à mort", a pyrotechnics presentation filled with joy, love, duels and hope.

In the sky above La Ronde, Féérie will present Romeo and Juliet, William Shakespeare's celebrated play about the passionate love affair of a young couple whose families have feuded for decades. To move and dazzle the expected tens of thousands of people who will be taking in the show, the firm's president and artistic director Joel Hamon has chosen to tell the greatest love story of all time in a series of scenes that weave together carefully selected effects and colours.

The ball scene, enlivened by joyful Italian music, will open this
magnificent tale. The classic balcony scene, with red and gold hues and soft Zamphir pan flute music, will enchant all romantics. Duelling and death will dominate the following scene, with excerpts from modern film scores and a chorus of very deep voices contributing to creating a truly sorrowful atmosphere. Blood reds and pure whites will make up an integral part of the grand finale, as a chorus's euphoric singing and festive music close out the
performance on a hopeful note. At one point in the show, a heart-shaped flower at the end of a long green stem will appear in the sky.

A vast range of colours will be used during the performance, with special emphasis on monochromes and colour duos. Each scene focuses on an emotion and each will present specific colours and well-adapted musical pieces that will stir hearts throughout the huge crowd. "The show's technical creativity is employed in the quest to experience pure emotion," Joel Hamon explained.

Founded 15 years ago, Féérie is honoured to be participating in the Montreal pyrotechnic arts competition. The firm's many exploits include its performance in 2000 at La Baule, where it was invited by the mayor to produce a pyrotechnic spectacular extending 9 km along the immense beach that borders the region. Winner of a silver Vestale at Cannes in 2005, in 2006 Féérie also captured the gold Vestale in a competition involving the winners from the five
previous years.

Source: CNW/La Ronde

Posted: Jul 21, 2007 10:03:21

It will be interesting to compare this show with the display made by Explosive Entertainment (Syd Howard) in 2003 on the same theme. The Australian team won the Silver Jupiter that year.

Fred

Posted: Jul 21, 2007 13:53:45   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Fred,

Thanks for posting the release. The show should be interesting, but everything I read in the press release was pretty much what I was expecting in terms of emotion from this sort of display.

I do remember the Australian performance in 2003 and it was quite successful with comfortable narration length at the beginning. I just hope that France will not use excessive narration (if there is any narration at all, of course) for the display tonight, though.

My expectations are high as to what approach the French team will take on this familiar theme. I hope to see some beautiful and dramatic transition in pace and color since this sort of display permits it greatly.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 21, 2007 17:02:37

Yeah ! Thank you so very much Fred. Those press releases are always late on the International website this year... it really sucks ! But thank god you're here for us !!!

Enjoy this show all ! I sure will

Fana.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.015