Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2007 Display Reviews —› IPON S.R.L News
<< . 1 . 2 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 18:40:09   Edited by: Saluteness

Why can they make any bigger? Traffic is blocked and they have alot of room...wierd

Btw, everybody. Im surprised that most of my topic havent been replied alot. Never seen a topic popular like this! I think it's cause most of the members on this forum are really into IPON! I knew people would talk in this topic once in a while. But this popular!?! WOWI've thought of a good idea..it just came up to me after I saw the 2004 Ipon finale on YouTube. Anyways..if most have a question about IPON or want to say any comment about it feel free

À bientôt tout le monde
Pat

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 16:41:44

Hey guys,

I have a strange question. I went to the Festival Of Lights by Hyrdo-Quebec today, and a fireworks display is being presented. Does anybody know what firm it is? Btw, I saw the setup. For a 15 minute display, that I didn't get to see tonight at 8:00. It didn't look like alot of shels were to be fired. At least 50 mortars were in place. With some angled roman candle and comet mortars. It really makes me wonder. Is this amount used in a 30 minute display at La Ronde or do they fill their Ramps to the max?

Best Of Luck,
Pat

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 05:14:35

I just had an email from Benito Pagano telling me the IPON factory will reopen again in a few months.

Paul.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 19:11:23

Oh this is good news. I hope they compete in 2009. Btw, do you talk to him on instant messaging? Cause if you have his e-mail. I'd like to e-mail him something he'd be very interested in Will they be rebuilding a new factory in a diffrent area or city? Will the even make a website this time? Im glad to hear the good news and I hope for more throughout the upcoming month.

Pat

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 23:16:11

Well, I'm happy to hear that the factory will eventually reopen. Upon the news was released, I thought the factory explosion meant the end of IPON. Phew!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 02:36:20

Oh that's a very good news! would be a shame if they won't reopen such a succesul company/factory!

vander

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 21:17:30

What year and firm was the most intense finale? And what year and firm was the weakest finale?
I've read many topics and Trav is probably searching the net for the spain 2001 finaleI am aware of how amazing the display was. I have seen better displays like Canada, Germany and Italy, but that one was spectacular!As for Germany, do you think the finale was more intense than the 1997-98 or 2004 IPON finale? I find Germany should have been 2nd, Canada 3rd and either England (I only saw it on YouTube, couldn't go..:sad or U.S.
I think that every time U.S competes they always seem to either win on be in 2nd or 3rd place. I don't get it. Canada hasn't won an award since 2003. I better hope Italy performs an intense finale this year.

Btw, I couldn't help noticing that someone said they might stop fireworks competitions in 2010?!? I don't know what will happen but I can assure you, if it does end in 2010, no more fireworks will be done after and IPON is in the 2010 competition, they better make the worlds biggest and loudest finale man has ever seen!!:cooloesn't every end, end with a big bang!?!

I make a display every year in my backyard and i'm making one with only roman candles and Mini Air BombsI'm excited

Regards,
Pat

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 07:39:35

any news if paganos factroy is already open again?? i can't wait to see them join competitions again hehe!! i think germany should have been first last competition mwahahah!! then u.s.a then england. Thats jus my opinion though! you should all go to youtube and look at royal pyrotechnie's show in les grands feux. i think that it was similar to their show in montreal in 2003 because of one segment which was similar to their video in the montreal fireworks website. does anyone know what song was that one??? i can't wait for the full video of royal 2003 to come out hehe!! i wonder when that will be!

Posted: Apr 1, 2008 22:26:21

I have seen from TraeCH, the symposium of Morsani. They are not quite as powerful as I expected them to be. I saw the video of them at the 2007 Symposium. It was too much of a great display. The peices were fine but the finale was weak. My guess of who might have the greatest finale this year would be...either Groupo Luso Pirotecnia or Sunny International. Sunny gave us an exquisit display last time they competed.

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 10:06:04

take note that morsani wasn't using their own products in their show in the symposium so maybe this could be a reason why they didnt have a full finale or maybe thats just how they really do their finale! from the video i liked sunny's finale i thought that it fitted the display well, it didn't look like just a bombardment in the sky! luso's finale is always great hehe they had a double finale in their show in nuits de feu where they won the champion of champions award lol i forgot how they call the award! about 2 and a half months more before the next competition!! there should be a topic regarding a countdown hehe!!

vander

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 02:17:18

I can't really say I was there to experience the symposium of Morsani but I saw it on YouTube. It seemed very light and mellow. Not the average finale I've seen my life. No salutes, no large shells, hardly anything...

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 11:16:08

Hi!

I got some news on the Pagano-Situation. I just came back from a two weeks tour to Italy to visit friends and 3 festivals. In Cicciano I talked a bit with Mr. Pagano, who was there too. They won't go into production anymore, the old factory site is in the area of the Vesuvius National Parc which does now not allow any business operations being done there. So all "Pagano"-products are manufactured at two other companies on contract, both of them close to Naples.

bye!
Alex

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 13:02:55

Hello,
perhaps you have dreamed, but I am sorry to disappoint you, we will open just in a few tens of days. We talk just for a few seconds, the words that I have outlined have been less than 15, but not regarding my situation. Our factory is located in the park from long time, so, we can continue again our work.
I'll inform you,about the opening, in this forum.
Regards

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 22:56:24   Edited by: Smoke

Saluteness,

I've read many topics and Trav is probably searching the net for the spain 2001 finale

To this day I still search frantically for a video of that finale, but sadly my search always seems to end in failure. Oh how I would be ever so grateful if someone were to retrieve it for me...

As for Germany, do you think the finale was more intense than the 1997-98 or 2004 IPON finale?

Germany of which season? IPON's finales in 1997, 1998 and 2004 were all so powerful and monstrous - certainly among the best that I've ever seen since 1990. It's pretty tough to best finales at that level in speed, power, color, length, and right crescendo, although I have seen even better finales that met the same criteria.

Trav.

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 13:26:03

Hello Benito!

Sorry for the misunderstanding. But I think we did not talk, or did we? I was standing with a few Italian friends and then a guy was introduced to me as Mr Pagano and he told me about that and everything, I was directly asking - so I guess it wasn't you then. He also got several lists and everythig from Amodio (you know who...) with orders for Weco. So this is a strange thing then, I don't know who would have been this guy then. I spoke with him about many things, for example I'm a good friend of Mr. Pokorny of Austria and I said that he visited you once in Ottaviano, and about Matthias from Lünig and all that kind of things and that guy seemed totaly informed. So I really don't know....

bye and best wishes
Alex

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 04:28:45

Hello Alex,
Thks for your reply, it's really, we did not talk together, but I talked with a guy, just few words, in english, and sure was not you.
I' speek german language,too, how speek the guy,that you met,and talked ? you can explain me about it, or about the other friend of you ? you can write me on ben45@hotmail.it so maybe will be better for me to understand who is the guy,naturally, I did not do anything against him, but certainly I know him, so I keep him, the more remote distance.
Bye
Ben

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 21:35:15

hi ben, i added you, thats interessing to meet pyrotechnician from Italy, naturally!

Jerome

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 18:23:02

Not to forget Australia. Australia had some 12 inchers. Really powerful. Made my ears pop. Last year was Howard & Sons if I recall.

Pat
<< . 1 . 2 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.014