Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2008 Display Reviews —› Austria - Pyrovision Gmbh Austria reviews
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 00:12:31

Good evening,

First, let me say that this display was incredibly lucky with the weather. Despite the lightning that could be seen flickering to our East from 9:25-10:10, I got reports from parts of the West Island and further to the South that there were some torrential downpours that came through there at around 9:30, and I believe that this was later seen way to our North/Northeast as a dark cloud slowly moving from the West. Other than those brief periodic showers that were seen before the display, as well as the ironic showers just following the display at 10:34, we had mostly partly cloudy skies. The winds were more gusty than I thought, but they did die down to near the expected values (around 17 km/h from the S) by the time the display had started, although they did make things feel a little on the cool side.

I'll now end the weather rant and move on to the display. I thought the Austrian team really did a different approach that brought out the theme using some interesting effects, particularly near low level. Most people seemed to be enamored with the periodic use of those bright Hell fire torch simulations (assuming that was the intention at the time) near the bottom, as well as the way the mines and candles were frequently fired from the center at some points of the display.

The performance itself had a very different feel to it, but a lot of it felt, in my mind at least, a little too simple in nature. There were some enticing segments that allowed for some good emotional and transitional points, but I found that there was simply too many parts that struck me as being too silent, or having too many pauses(most notably for nearly the first 10 minutes), and at times, the fireworks were not always moving adequately with some the music choices, particularly with the first few tracks. There was a fair set of effects used, but some of them were used much too redundantly for my tastes, especially for the first 33% of the show. The soundtrack, though, was suitable and permitted usually to bring out the transitional moments well when in reference to the critical aspects of the theme. However, I was moreso hoping for that same kind of pattern in representing the thematic premise in a fashion similar to that of England 2007 - illustrating first Heaven and then giving way to Hell's vicious side for later in the show.

The finale was actually pretty good, but felt a little broken in which it was devised. Also, while it had good length, it was just not to the point with a sufficient climax. Nevertheless, for what it's worth, it did keep us on our feet!

Overall, a good effort from the Austrian team, but the display could have been better at many points.

More details to come later today

Trav.

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 01:17:14   Edited by: fredbastien

Let me post some comments and info on this forum sooner than usual since the entrance of Austrian team to the Montreal competition was obviously difficult.

The first piece of information is that there was a technical problem with the start of programs for fireworks and the audio track, leading to the synchronization problems, which were obvious at the very beginning of the show and at the finale. Second, all the material set up has been fired as planned, so long (and boring) parts of the show were not due to a technical failure. Third, the designer of the display told me that it was the largest display he has never done.

That being said, it looks to me that the team was not ready for the Montreal competition. This challenge was too huge for them. Beyond the synchronization problem, the display lacked of rhythm and it was very repetitive. The setup pieces (the Christian crosses on ramp 3, the heart on ramp 5 and various flames devices) were promising, but there were ignitated one at time, creating too long sequences.

As I expected yesterday, the prize won to Chantilly was not a guarantee of success for the Montreal competition, which is a very different challenge. Nevertheless, I'm sure that they can learn a lot from this painful night and push away their limits. And one display is not the end of the world.

Fred

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 01:49:24

Just to echo Fred's comments. I'm not known for writing negative reviews: to put a display on in Montreal is a very challenging task and filling 30 minutes whilst being entertaining without repetition is very difficult. I feel that the Austrian display was a 20 minute display stretched to 30 minutes. What could have been atmospheric and building suspense was lost because the timing was too languorous. This is a shame as the display and theme were well thought out.

As much as Montreal is a competition and a venue for experimentation, it also carries the expectation that the public should be entertained. Sadly, the entertainment factor wasn't as prominent this evening as many would normally expect. This is a shame as the talents of the designers were somewhat lost due to the way the display was organized and this will inevitably lead to negative comments. Competing in Montreal is a learning experience - I'm sure the Austrian team must have felt they had a baptism of fire this evening.

I will attempt to get a full report completed tomorrow (well, today as it is already late).

Paul.

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 02:13:18

It was a gutsy display offered by Pyrovision Gmbh tonight. At the very least I would like to thank the team for daring to be extremely different.

Before I go on with my initial thoughts, I want to remind everyone what the theme tonight actually was: "(exploring the) duality of good and evil through a vast range of contrasting sensations–darkness and light, hot and cold, height and depth, silence and music" - quote from www.internationaldesfeux.com

The was not merely a battle between heaven and hell and it was never supposed to be. I think a lot of us, myself included, got caught up in the connotation of the "Heaven and Hell" title and made some assumptions about what to expect and that is not fair.

The one question I am still asking myself is whether or not Pyrovision knew the history of L'International des Feux in Montreal; if they had seen videos of successful displays of the past. This question was brought on partially by the type of display they presented tonight and perhaps even more so because of the information posted on the forum earlier in the week (by Fred, I believe) that the Pyrovision team, having seen the Australian and Canadian displays, were feeling rather intimidated.

In either case, this had the feel of a very foreign display to, I'm sure, any and all spectators familiar with Montreal competition displays. There was an over-use of cardboard-cut-out figures, many of which we've seen time and time again, such as hearts, crosses, spinning swirls and something that may have intended to be angel wings. Also, as far as I could tell, none of the songs used in the soundtrack were shortened - all songs were full length! It was odd... or just Pyrovision being radically different... I'm still not sure which.

I must disagree with Travis that the first ten minutes were "too silent" and filled with "too many pauses." I thought that the opening, very playful and initially jarring "drum solo" sequence was good - though completely out of place within the display - and then Black Sabbath self-titled track was a great way to start the show. Yes, it was slow paced but there were accompanying, slow-building low level effects that I don't think could properly be seen from Trav's vantage point on De Lormier. The Black Sabbath piece was generally slow-paced but, for me, set quite a mood - I could imagine the cast iron gates of hell slowly opening and it was compellingly inviting!

From that point (sometime shortly before the 10 minute mark) the show began to grab me and subsequently lose me - mainly with the repetitive lighting of structures and then the torching of them - all individually! In fact, for those of you who watched the video of Pyrovision's Gold Bouquet-winning display in Chantilly you may have also noticed that they have a fondness for slow paced, simplistic sequences. Successfully pulling off such sequences are of great importance in a competition like Montreal where the relation of time and budget are huge factors - just think, if you can do a 3-4 minute captivating, simplistic segment it will mean that you can save product for other segments which can be more elaborately designed. However, those angel wings and crosses could have been all lit at once and they would have had an extra 2 minutes minimum to make better use of their time.

But despite how negative my comments may seem, I quite enjoyed the display. It was a nice, interesting experience. I say interesting because when Pyrovision did not have me captivated with their display, I couldn't help but get the sense that the crowd was not comfortable with the emotions they were being put through (laregely because of the silences) - as if the display were an hommage to the mind of Andy Kaufman.

Anyway, congratulations to Pyrovision Gmbh for an audacious display; they certainly earned my respect - though probably not a Jupiter.

Tyler

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 02:14:00   Edited by: Enkil

What a day! It was raining on and off at La Ronde. Before the fireworks started, most of the time, the rides were open, except when it was raining very hard in the afternoon. Always go to the Dragon when it's raining lol. Unfortunately for La Ronde, the park certainly didn't reach full capacity, as I suspect that many people started leaving in the afternoon! So the waiting time for most rides was reasonable this time. For this display, we made the decision to get our seats and watch it from the Silver section.

I hate to say it, but this display by the Austrian team kind of showed that they were new and inexperienced at our competition, but that's OK! Honestly, I think that they had one of the best themes this year, but the main problem was that the display was simply not as good as I thought it would be.

Obviously, half of the action was happening at the lower level. However, even the lower effects were disappointing in the sense that I expecting to see more. The music was almost perfect, and it fit well with the theme, but the fireworks display was clearly too simple and basic.

I thought the fire balls and the crosses were good effects to add, but again, they shouldn't have focused on these features too much. Also, there was no need to see the crosses lightened up for more than a minute. Overall, they should've made the show a bit more exciting. The quality of the pieces were not the best, but it seems that they sometimes chose the right colors for each of the "Hell" and "Heaven" segments.

This is usually what happens when a new firm participates here for the first time, but that's OK, because they usually learn with experience.

I still say that it was an enjoyable (and OK) show, even though it wasn't up to the level of our competition. The theme and the soundtrack were very interesting (I did enjoy all of the songs), but the display could've been a lot better. Synchronization was OK and basic.

Although the finale may have been a bit loud, it was not long enough. I was especially disappointed since I read on the forum that the finale was going to be huge. It is even more disappointing since the display wasn't as intense as other displays were.

Just like Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics, I say that eventually, Pyrovision Gmbh Austria will learn and present better shows in the future. The potential is there!

My rankings so far - rated from La Ronde:

1. Portugal
2. Canada
3. Australia
4. South Korea
5. Italy
6. France
7. Austria

Finally, I just want to leave a few comments about the service of our park for those who work at La Ronde (or for Six Flags) and read the forum, and for those who are planning to come here.

Of course, being the La Ronde maniac that I am and seeing that the lineups were short, after the fireworks, we decided to run to the rides as they close the entrance of the lineups before you know it. At around 11pm, torrential rain started to fall while we were waiting to go on the Monster again. While I waiting for the second track, yes, Smoke, we saw some amazing lighting in the sky, but the thunderstorm was very short. After a few minutes, it completely stopped raining (at around 11:05pm). By that time, those workers at La Ronde had decided to close some of the rides (possibly the reason is because of the heavy, but short rainfall) while others were still open. When we arrived at one of the open rides, they didn't let us, even though it was a 5min lineup, and the fact is that the rides are supposed to close exactly at 11:30pm. One of the employees told the other employee that there was still 20min left and that we could still do the ride, but alas, the lady still didn't let us in. The La Ronde people will find any small excuse to minimize the service as much as possible, especially if the attendance is low. I don't know exactly how it works, but that's the impression I always get when I'm at La Ronde. And that's only one of my many complaints. To sum it up, the service at La Ronde is bad. Money always comes first before the customer. Sorry, but that's just the way I see it nowadays.

If you plan to buy tickets and spend a day at La Ronde, be at there at 11am, and if you want to do rides after the fireworks, you'll have to run to the rides like everyone else, because they will close the lineups. Sometimes, they close a lineup even by the time you get to a ride, especially when La Ronde is packed. When Michel Lacroix states that you can enjoy the rides until 11:30pm, this is not true, or it can also lead to misinterpretion. To make things simpler, they should simply close the lineups exactly at 11:30pm. But the Six Flags mentality is different. Alright, I'll stop here! I'm still excited for the US and China. These last shows should be very good!

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 08:31:55

Salut

J'ai bien noté que ce nouveau compétiteur à Montréal avait eu quelques problèmes pendant le spectacle....quelques passages un peu vide à cause de difficultés techniques. Toutefois j'ai vraiment adoré ce qu'ils ont fait et je n'ai pas ménagé mes Wow.....
Cette équipe est sortie des sentiers battus pour nous livrer une prestation originale , AUDACIEUSE, créative, imaginative,se démarquant ainsi de plusieurs concurrents qui choisissent un thème facile et qui jouent "safe".
J'ai beaucoup aimé le choix des pièces musicales servant à illustrer le thème central.
Certains passages m'ont rendu très émotifs non pas seulement à cause de la musique mais bien en raison de l'agencement magique entre le son et la lumière.
:a firme autrichienne a vraiment fait tous les efforts pour nous offrir une splendide création artistique et j'espère qu'il vont continuer dans cette voie ie ne pas céder à la tentation du feu classique avec quelques bidules nouvelles pour impressionner.
Ils ont tout pour apporter une fraicheur nouvelle à l'art pyrotechnique.
Peut-être que les problèmes rencontrés vont les sortir du podium mais je sais que leur présentation aurait été assurément considéré par les membres du jury dont j'ai été membre à deux reprises.
BRAVO pyrovision.......la prochaine sera la bonne.
Bien difficile pour moi de juger par rapport aux autres car j'en ai manqué 3. Je serai à la Ronde pour celui des USA.

Roger

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 08:52:26   Edited by: fireworksforum

Just to note that the only technical problems with the Austrian display were related to synchronization - they were about 3 seconds ahead of the music throughout the display. There were no other technical problems - in other words, everything that should have been fired, was fired - no period of darkness was caused by any technical issue.

The video is now up, report and photos will follow later.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 10:23:20

The fact that the fireworks were ahead of the music by 3 seconds is quite interesting. After changing the audio/video synchronization of the video I took of the display it does make for a few impressive bits of synchronization - notably in the 'crosses/burning crosses' and "finale" sequences. However, it completely destroys the magic of that opening segment which started while Michel Lacroix was at "3" in his countdown.

I really liked the opening 1 minute 10 seconds of the display (even though it made no sense to me considering the theme). It was like a series of solos at a music concert. The fireworks shot off at a particular rhythm and the music would follow, playing the same rhythm. And at points there was perfect, harmonious synchronization between the two. As the young girl sitting behind me casually remarked after this first segment, "ça, c'était cool." I agree.

Roger - ça semble que nous deux ont la même appréciation pour le specatcle d'hier soir. Je suis content de ne pas être tout seul.

Tyler

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 11:27:32

Greetings,

I missed another display. I hate when my dad says we'll go next time and we end up not going.Well, I am glad I missed something not worth watching. But I am excited to see Panzera

Pat

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 12:14:55

Hey everyone!
I read on Mylene Salvas' website, http://myleneetartifice.blogspot.com/, that Austria's goal this year wasn't to give the biggest fireworks or the biggest finale! It was all about emotions. The conceptor of the show, Christian Czech, wanted to give an emotional show!

Therefore, I agree with you guys saying that the display could have been better in many points. Since it was all about emotions, I do agree that I felt, for a bit, being somewhere else. The contrast between heaven and hell was really obvious and well done.

During the fireworks, I was sure that the finale would be about Heaven and Hell together, on the same track. It was predictable. But, I think that it was a logical choice and that the finale was powerful enough to make me feel something.

Here's my personnal ranking:
1. Australia
2. Portugal
3. South Korea
4. Austria
5. Italy
6. France
???. Canada ( I wasn't there to see the fireworks that day due to the weather).

In conclusion, I think that Austria did a good work for their show when it's about emotions, but a fine work when it's about the general display. (I was bored in the beggining, yeah. I agree =D )

Next fireworks: USA
I can't wait to see thatt fireworks. I'm a big fan of the USA since I saw their prestation on 2006 (waking up Brodway's ambiance in Montreal) which bring them to win the competition. On 2007, ELVIS PRESLEY WAS AT MONTREAL =). Third place this time. What about this year? I'm sure they're going to do very well !

"annoyingkiid" =)

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 13:05:12   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

Whoooops!! They had such a bad luck in montreal this year! Such a pity that a show so well planned was destroyed by some technical problems! I'm very curious as to what really happened behind the scenes!! Judging the display as it was...

I thought that the theme was really apparent through out the show... At times you'll see the evil and good fighting such as in the beginning when the hearts appeared to be being burnt by the flames.. Considering that the synchronization was off by a few seconds there were times were it was just ok.. but most of the time it wasn't that nice... At the beginning the synchronization was weird cause there were some moment where it was good then there were times where it's bad! It's really hard to jusge a display that wasn't able to perform what the designer really intended to happen.. I thought many of the pieces were just "pyrovision" signatures... I'm really sad to see this happen to them.....

I won't be ranking this show because i felt that it could have been a lot better without the technical problems....

JUST MY OPINION.... I think we are all here to criticize or judge the shows presented by each of the firms in a specific year... but i really think that it's not our job to say if one firm could or couldn't compete in montreal.. Cause when you tell one firm, "i think that (company name) cannot compete in montreal" or " I think the firm wasn't prepared or didn't have the standards to compete here" is just too harsh to say because you can never judge a firm with just one show.

United states is next.. I'm excited to see what the "7 structures" will look like!

Vander

Posted: Jul 27, 2008 13:21:49   Edited by: Salutes lover

Bonjour tout le monde,

Hier soir, il y avait quelque chose de très inhabituel au spectacle, car au lieu d'être sur le pont pour voir le spectacle, j'ai dû me rendre sur la rue Notre-Dame sous le pont, car j'étais accompagné de ma belle-famille d'Ontario et de leurs chiens (les animaux ne sont pas admis sur le pont ). Donc, ce fût une belle expérience de retourner sur la rue Notre-Dame après plusieurs années à regarder les feux du pont Jacques-Cartier. La vue est tout aussi belle de la rue Notre-Dame, mais cependant l'angle est différent. Le seul désavantage par rapport au pont, est le délai entre l'explosion des feux et le son qu'ils émettent, ce qui m'a quelque peu déçu. Étant donné que je suis un passioné autant visuel qu'auditif relativement aux feux d'artifice, j'aime bien le synchronisme "feu-son" au maximum!

J'ai bien aimé le spectacle Autrichien malgré les fréquentes périodes où rien ne se passait (ou presque). La finale fût intéressante avec une certaine originalité, mais elle ne finissait plus de nous agacer en diminuant l'intensité pour finalement ne pas vraiment livrer la marchandise. Je dois dire que j'ai quand même eu du plaisir à regarder le spectacle dans un environnement différent de celui que j'ai l'habitude de voir.

Alors ceci dit, voici en ordre, les pays selon ma préférence jusqu'à maintenant:

1. Portugal (meilleure finale)
2. Australie (meilleur spectacle)
3. Canada
4. Corée du Sud
5. Autriche
6. Italie
7. France

Ouf, il ne reste plus que deux participants et le feu de la Ronde......ça passe beaucoup trop vite!

Au tour des États-Unis.....nous sommes prêts!

À mercredi!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 02:07:58

My report on PyroPlanet is now up:

http://www.pyroplanet.com/article491.html

I (try to) write PyroPlanet reports in a more descriptive way than personal comments in this forum. I believe that it reflects the range of opinions I have heard and read since Saturday night, in addition to report the designer's own point of view.

Vander, I understand your opinion, but my (severe) comment is based mainly on the third piece of information of my previous post, that is, that the designer of the display told me that it was the largest display he has never done. Since the show was actually small with long sequences built with few pieces, it means that there is a large gap between the shows performed by Pyrovision in the past and those usually do in Montreal. I know that quantity doesn't equal quality, but it remains a relevant and important component of a given show.

Fred

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 02:25:40   Edited by: Smoke

Country participant: Austria
Company: Pyrovision Gmbh Austria
Date of presentation: July 26th, 2008

Unstable weather (quite common this year), courtesy of a cold front associated with a strong low pressure system stationary well to the North, threatened to ruin yet another display with widespread showers and thunderstorms. Periodic brief showers made several appearances well before the show had started as well as leading closer to it, and lightning could be vividly seen off to the East and Northeast respectively at around 9:25 and endured up till about 10:10, although it was clear that this would pose no threat to the display because of the of the general location of the storm cloud at the time. In the end, we were left with partly cloudy skies during the 10-10:30 period, leaving nothing but ideal conditions (including occasional breezy Southerly winds) for the well anticipated Austrian display presenting: “Heaven and Hell”.

For the most part, in an overall notion, I thought that this was a generally fair-good show, but I was not really captivated by it as much as I was expecting to be. Synchronization was slack throughout many points of the display, but I’ve come to understand that this was mostly related to technical problems. Despite this fact, I personally thought there were still many points that demonstrated very enjoyable coordination between the fireworks and music near low level with the use of much of the mines and central clusters of candles.

Choices of music were appropriate with probably some of the most agreeable selections in representing a theme so far this season, and although I wasn’t so much a fan of most of the music choices used, I was quite appreciative of the selection since it was carefully utilized to give off ideal transitional phases in many points of the show that would make it considerable in this regard – some pieces, of course, more prevalent in transitions than others. The best example of what I’m referring to may be ideally tied to the segment having illuminations of heart structures in an elongated line from left to right. Once concluded, this would give way to the more sudden transition in the following piece involving the more Hellish kind of feel associated with both the music and the bright yellow-orange Hell fire torch simulations seen throughout this time. I personally enjoyed some of the segments, particularly one of them seen just passed halfway into the show – I was unsure of the name of that soundtrack at the time, but it starts around 17:45 in Paul’s video – probably the most enjoyable part for me!

The low level effects had an interesting set of devices, including a variety of nautical flares, heart and cross structures, stunning flares used to simulate the Hell fire (I think), and spinning wheels, though of these wouldn’t spin and one seemed to be missing to my left (to the right, from La Ronde’s viewpoint). Colors were chosen appropriately and were mostly used in a mix only when necessary. The design of the display was very simplistic, though organized, and when it additionally came to representation with respect to the theme, it was, for the most part good, but there were a couple of moments where this wasn’t always as clear as it could have been in demonstrating the various aspects of the concept being introduced.

My most negative comments aimed towards the show were that, aside from the slack synchronization at many points, the show itself had a lot of areas where there were too many moments of silence, especially again near the beginning. Yes, Tyler, I realize that a few, not all, of the low level effects were often vaguely distinguished from my viewing position, but after I looked at the video and saw the perspective from La Ronde during the same first few minutes, I still had the impression (in my humble opinion, of course) that this part of the show was much too silent for far too long of a time frame – this wasn’t the only time where the pausing was prevalent during the show either, and so it was pretty easy to lose interest at many points. I personally thought the low level effects were interesting in addition to being uniquely delivered in the way they were used, but frequently they endured for a painfully long time without too much variation at those moments, inevitably leading to the loss of that entertainment factor. As a result, I felt the display was not very balanced, (considering that a good chunk of it was relatively quiet at mid to high level) and therefore was conducive to lacking the vibrancy I, and many of us, were looking for, especially when dealing with such a well devised and promising theme employed here. The music choice was good and again was very well considered, but I felt it was moreso the music delivering the emotions than the fireworks themselves – this was particularly true during that creepy segment with the crosses illuminating across the front ramp. The quality of the products was fair, as were the diversity of effects, but clearly at a lower level as compared to other participants this season – many of the effects were very redundant as well (particularly near the beginning). Into the fluidity of the display, I personally found that too many segments commenced with long pauses with nothing too much happening, even at low level, for some time, which sort of killed the feeling at those particular points following parts that were effectively more active. The theme again was very different in that it promoted such a perplexing and authentic feeling that I can’t say I’ve experienced before in the competition. The selected tracks were excellent to make the premises more dignified, but through the show itself, I wasn’t really always grasping that critical feeling that would commonly get me into the display immensely, perhaps in part because synchronization wasn’t always so good. The finale really was satisfactory, but it did promote a certain broken feeling to it merely because it was divided into a couple of pieces in both differing speed and power. Furthermore, it was not really to the point with a sufficient climactic finish since its pace was more and less steady the entire time, and had then concluded somewhat prematurely while the music still went onto fading.

As Tyler briefly mentioned, I, too, do recall, according to Fred, that the Austrian team had the impression of being afraid after viewing the Australian and Canadian displays, so this may have implied that they were not entirely confident with their display on an overall basis. However, it can be deemed that this is simply part of the learning experience, and that the team will use this newly acquired knowledge to help serve them to improve in areas where they felt were not so successful in this particular visit. Despite the criticisms, though, overall I still think that this was definitely a very original approach, and the atmosphere that was generated was very different compared to what we’re commonly used to for the majority displays in the past. I would love to see Pyrovisions return to Montreal in the near future and make another, perhaps similar attempt in concocting a strikingly formidable, versatile and compelling thematic framework. It’s a real pity that technical problems had to surface and often ruin the fireworks-music connection to an otherwise authentic display, especially since the team offered such a wonderful and enticing concept to work with in the first place. With the level of the competition already as high as it is, I don’t think this display will be awarded with a Jupiter, but I personally feel that the most valuable reward that Pyrovision really got out of this whole ordeal is simply the experience acquired after constructing a display at this level of fireworks competition as well as witnessing more successful performances this season in Montreal, thus assisting them to later rise to the challenge and potentially do an even better job for possible future visits, as well as to other competitions around the globe. Not to say that this wasn’t a good effort at all, but there is certainly plenty of room for improvement.

Trav’s personal scorings (for fun):

-Pyrotechnic components: 7/10
-Synchronization: 7/10 (I’m being fair since there were parts that were nicely synchronized)
-Soundtrack: 8/10
-Technical design: 7/10
-Pyromusical concept: 7.5/10

-Overall: 7.3/10

(Scores will be adjusted before the closing ceremony).

Other than that, I must agree with Pierre and say that the competition is going too fast, as always. June and July are, as I said before, "lightning" fast months, but just make the most of what we have left! I always get depressed knowing that the competition is coming to a close.

Trav.

P.S. Enkil - I saw that storm as well on the way back home, but it seems you may have seen it even better, even though it was brief. We did encounter some heavy downpours once arriving back into the West Island as well.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 17:08:19   Edited by: dambrig

Bonjour à tous,

Bien vu, Passion, l'émotion passe dans ce spectacle de Pyrovison malgré les ennuis rencontrés lors du show tant par la bande sonore que par les produits utilisés.
Pour une première présentation, ils se sont bien défendus. On retrouve d'ailleurs le même concept que dans leur spectacle des Nuits de Feu à Chantilly. Le but d'un tel show, hormis les règles à respecter : utilisation des produits, variété, utilisation de l'espace..., n'est-il pas de faire naître une émotion chez le public ? Ce qui a manqué à beaucoup d'autres concurrents ... sauf pour le Portugal.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 20:30:11

Salut

TRAE........Merci pour ton bref commentaires. Le forum c'est un peu comme un jury..un amalgame d'idées et d'opinions et chacun voit un feu à sa facon même avec les critères.Il y a ceux qui regardent les feux avec leur tête cherchant l'analyse de ce qu'ils voient et entendent.
Il y a ceux qui les regardent avec leur coeur se laissant aller à l'émerveillement et il y a le mélange des deux . Je crois que c,est là la meilleure position pour juger.
Pour ma part je le réécris. J'ai adoré l'audace de ces artificiers, leur créativité et leur originalité. ET PLUS comme l'écris si fortement DAMRIG ils ont su créer l'EMOTION ce que l'on ne voit pas souvent.

Très bien ce n'était pas parfait mais regarder les bien aller. Ils seront plus forts la prochaine fois.Rappelez-vous de cela amis du forum.

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 22:04:07

Salut Passion,

Je suis d'accord avec toi au sujet de l'émotion que les feux peuvent induire chez les spectateurs. Un feu d'artifice n'est pas une nécessité, mais bien un spectacle qui a pour but de divertir, d'émerveiller......par son synchronisme, sa structure, sa planification et par toutes les règles que doivent suivre les artificiers.....mais aussi par son pouvoir de séduire, d'émouvoir, d'éblouir! Alors Passion, tu as bien raison...les feux se doivent de nous atteindre au coeur aussi bien qu'à la tête!

Un feu d'artifice peu être très bien organisé, structuré et suivre toutes les règles....mais ne pas soulever la foule qui le regarde!

Tous et chacun qui regardent le feu, le perçoivent différemment et de là viennent les opinions différentes. Le jury décidera du gagnant de cette année, mais il reste que chacun de nous aura nommé son propre gagnant et celui-ci sera tout aussi méritant, tout aussi valide!

Bonne semaine!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 28, 2008 23:16:03

Salut PIERRE

Nous sommes vraiment sur la même longueur d'onde.
Mercredi je fais mon tour à la ronde pour les USA.

Merci pour ton commentaire en réponse au mien

Roger

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 17:57:59

My report is up. My conclusion is rather harsher than I normally write but should be read in the context of what this festival is all about. First and foremost, it is a spectacle designed to entertain the public. Without a devoted public, a competition is irrelevant. Pyrotechnicians are in the entertainment industry first and foremost. For better or worse, the competition has two audiences: those at La Ronde (with over 7500 seats) and the up to hundreds of thousands who gather on the bridge, the banks of the St Lawerence and the Old Port. Pyrovision's show was very creative, but the use of many slow low level effects would not have been appreciated to the same extent by the larger audience, no doubt causing some to ponder if there were firing problems. For those at La Ronde, reading the comments here, no doubt the appreciation of the audacity of the Austrians for trying something different is genuine. Personally, I felt they missed the mark due to the timing of certain elements of the display. Just as timing is important in comedy, it is also a powerful tool to build suspense and anticipation in a pyromusical. For me, some of the passages in the display were just too languorous - to the extent that the intended effect (building of emotion) was lost and replaced by a feeling of doubt (is there a firing system problem?) or frustration. I was surprised they took this approach, especially after watching the video of their winning display at this year's Nuit de Feu in Chantilly. 30 minutes is a lot of time to fill and I think this display failed because the time was stretched just that bit too much. At least, that's how I felt.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 13:36:07

Je vous appuie à 100% Passion et Dambrig, laissez faire les gérants d'estrades!

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 13:24:12

I heard rumors, that the people responsible for the disaster was the people in charge of the sounds! It is said that there was a delay from the main source of sounds (firing system) to the sound equipment...

vander

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 04:51:42

[/i]I heard rumors, that the people responsible for the disaster was the people in charge of the sounds! It is said that there was a delay from the main source of sounds (firing system) to the sound equipment[i]

Could that have been possible? It it did happen, than Austria wouldn't have had that delay of no sound. It must've been extremley embarassing for the Austrians.Tragic...

Pat

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024