Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2009 Display Reviews —› Québec/Canada - Royal Pyrotechnie Reviews
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 23:58:30   Edited by: Admin

Wouf....quel spectacle avons-nous eu droit ce soir! Tout simplement à nous en couper le souffle! Il y a eu de l'action du début à la fin, des sons/bruits de toutes sortes (oui, le spectacle était TRÈS auditif), grincements, pétillements, claquements....j'en avais plein les oreilles! Finalement on nous a fait entendre les nombreuses détonations des "salutes" pendant la finale qui était GRANDIOSE....mais comme c'est toujours le cas depuis un certain nombre d'années, une finale trop courte!

Bravo au Québec/Canada, je suis très fier ce soir, de notre savoir-faire en matière de pyrotechnie!

Voici maintenant mes préférences, en vous assurant de mon objectivité totale:

1. Canada/Québec
2. Argentine
3. Espagne
4. Australie
5. Chine
6. Angleterre

Bonne semaine à tous.

Pierre

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 00:02:39   Edited by: Saluteness

Ooops, Pierre, you posted the same topic as I did, only 4 minutes after me. Ah well.

CANADA is #1!
2.ARGENTINA
3.SPAIN
4.AUSTRALIA
5.CHINA
6.ENGLAND

Pat

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 00:08:37

Hi Pat.....sorry about that....when I checked, there wasn't any thread for the Canada review, so I created one...and by the time I wrote my comments, you had already created yours.....LOL

Paul will fix that I am sure.....

By the way, your ranking is similar to mine, my friend. Wow, Royal Pyrotechnie has really spoiled us this evening!

As you said.......thumbs WAY UP, Québec/Canada!!!

Good night!

Pierre

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 00:17:47   Edited by: Saluteness

Paul, delete the other, I'm C&P what I wrote:

Wow. I just came back from one of the most intense finales I've ever seen from Canada. For that matter, out of all countries this year. This is defenatley a Jupiter winner. Flying by James Newton Howard was better presented by Royale than Garden City Display. Much better with the ground salutes thumping with the drums. The finale was intense with the salutes, which was the largest barrage of salutes I've ever seen in my life. Even more amounts than Panzera in 2004. And some big-ass 12" shells (excuse my language) in the beginning. Awesome stutata's. Some noticed debris flew around Notre-Dame street. Some craft paper from the shells flew next to me and some tarp from the covering of the mortars flying around as well. I kept a piece of craft paper as a souvenir Well the finale video is being uploaded I will post the link in a re-edit of this post. I cheered wildly. I'm glad I didn't go on the bridge. Plus my dog went with me and my dad.

Way to go Royale! Thumbs wayyyyyyyy up!

Pat

Hope U.S.A doesn't win!

Here is the link to the finale video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqtTOQQL-hk

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 00:50:24   Edited by: Enkil

Because of my cousins, I had planned to watch this display from Notre Dame street. Well, of course, when we go there by car and leave after 9pm, we never make it. Streets closed and traffic everywhere, always! Watch the fireworks? Yes, yes, great idea! Leave home before 9pm? You get no response!

So, as usual, I had to watch it from Old Port with a crappy view. But based on what I saw, this seemed to be a great show! And the finale was probably the best one of this year. Of course, I had to miss it! Arugh!

My rankings so far remains the same - rated from La Ronde:
(Canada is not included in the list)

1. England
2. China
3. Spain
4. Australia
5. Argentina

Until next time!

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 00:57:38

Enkil, I had posted a video so everyone can get a glimpse of what I saw, not to mention the other few hundred thousand people behind me. Trav, I don't wanna start withany competition. I don't know where your viewing point was, but from where I was, debris really came down on us. I remember last year, at Portugal's display, there was a man behind me who reminded me of you. Because he talked about types of shells and stuff. So I turned and asked, are you Travis? He was like....Ah well, I had a feeling it was you because he was with someone as well. And he also talked about the thunderstorm that happened earlier during the day before Portugal's display.What are the odds of finding one person out of hundreds of thousands of people catching a view of Portugal's display.

Hope you all enjoy the video.

Pat

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 01:20:14

Great show from Royal! Perfect weather conditions with just enough wind away from the audience for a change. Very big display and great use made of the whole firing site with a every possible angle and position being used during the show. Video will be available around 2:10 EDT for those who were not fortunate enough to be part of the full-house audience.

Full report (will be hard to write as the show was seamless from start to finish - and what a finish!) will come in the next couple of days.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 02:26:18   Edited by: Smoke

I was actually amazed in how well the weather followed my forecast tonight. Easterly winds, on average, dominated the evening, though we had a slight ENE tilt by 10 p.m., which is why I said for those watching on the bridge, the closer you are to the park is the better. Partly cloudy skies with temperatures remaining at 22 C and humidity levels high. Winds also picked up by early evening just as I thought they would, and clearly, due to direction, smoke was not a problem for those at La Ronde, but a concern for viewers on Notre-Dame. Luckily, however, with the winds picking up, it still made for adequate viewing, though we had to contend with smoke and debris flying towards us! And now, as expected, heavy rains are currently falling in parts of the island, which started happening just around 1 a.m in the West Island and elsewhere across the island.

What a display this was, and what a thundering close was given off after such a powerful 30 minutes. After I left Notre-Dame, my cousin and I said "THAT WAS NUMBER 1, HANDS DOWN!!!!". GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!! I have a lot to say about the display, but I'll save the comments for later on. lol Glad to see that everyone had such a fantastic evening and loving the fireworks so much at the same time! The display was so active that there barely was ever a moment when nothing much was going on. This was the kind of show that really satisfied everyone, no matter what your taste is! The effects were massive, and the nautical shells were AWESOME (the best, so far!). The towers were also just wonderful in the way they were used. The finale was huge and well set up, especially the way it started with the multitude of bombs at the bottom - I also agree with Enkil that it was the best one this year (it was so loud and powerful!), but it could have been just a little longer with a more dramatic close, but still undoubtedly well done! Because of the wind direction, we had quite a bit of paper and other forns of debris flying around, which brought me back to France 1993. lol

Pat,

Don't worry about that at all, my friend. Feel free to post any video you have! I'll be posting mine shortly - I felt like recording a little more, so my clip is a little longer than usual. Yes, I'm not surprised that we encountered so much debris and smoke thanks to the wind direction being mostly ENE. I had wanted to pick up a piece of debris to keep myself, but I couldn't find any after the show was done. It is fortunate that the winds picked up, or else the fireworks would have eventually been drowned in the smoke! Seems we weren't too far apart on Notre-Dame tonight, Pat!

Pierre,

This was certainly our kind of display, huh? It definitely had the power equivalent to many of the 90s displays that I remember! Aside from vehemence, this display had it all - so much that I don't even know where to start writing. Glad you enjoyed it, my friend! Loads of salutes!

Enkil,

What a coincidence! We were actually at the Old Port tonight until about 9:15 p.m, mainly because my family was driving all over the place to find parking. In the end, we didn't bother, but the way it was going I thought, I, too, would end up watching from the Old Port!! If I had known, I would have gladly asked you to come walk to Notre-Dame with me, but I guess you guys got there too late! This kind of reminds me of 2004. lol I'm glad you liked the finale!

I had a great evening, everyone, and this display was so memorable that it won't leave my head - that's so rare, especially in the way displays have been in the last 5 years! It was also known for its loudness - my ears were ringing at times (I haven't felt that in so many years). Because of the wind direction and speed, the massive 12" shells that exploded felt like they were going to reach us on Notre-Dame! People got intimidated. lol

Other than that, look out for thunderstorms and rain showers continuing to develop tonight and all the way into Sunday evening - some of these storms could become rather powerful, but we'll keep track!

EDIT: Here's the link to my video:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26anuG6_tnQ
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26anuG6_tnQ
[/url]

Trav.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 10:10:52

Salut tout le monde

Je m'attendais à beaucoup de Royal et je n'ai pas été décu...Une performance tout à fait EBLOUISSANTE....
Un choix de pièces pyrotechniques variées ,bien disposées sur toutes les rampes de la Ronde..amples..richesse des couleurs , des pièces originalesetc... Royal a utilisé de facon très efficace toutes les possibilités du site de la Ronde . Cà tirait de tous les côtés de tous les angles .....J'ai aussi adoré leurs séquences de poursuites.
La synchronisation était tout simplement parfaite à tous les niveaux.
Tout comme en 2003 , Royal a choisi les musiques de film et un thème qui ne volera pas la vedette de l'originalité. Toutefois une trame sonore de qualité et un bon choix de pièces musicales bien ordonnées dans la mise en scène.
Nous avons eu droit à un feu roulant pendant trente minutes et une finale tout a fait démentielle.
La grande force de ce spectacle c'est une mise en scène très soignée, un rythme soutenu , une gestion habile de l'intensité qui a maintenu l'intérêt des spectateurs pendant 30 minutes . J'ai adoré la qualité des passages entre les moments plus intenses du spectacles et les plus doux.
Il y a aussi des qualités que je recherche dans un feu; originalité, créativité, émotion et enfin surprendre les spectateurs. Tout y était dans cette performance intense de ROYAL PYROTECHNIE.Vous vous en doutez bien....j'étais ravi .
Je ne fais pas de classement car j'ai loupé les feux Chinois et Argentins mais ce que j'ai vu ce soir en compagnie de Francine et de mon Petit Nicolas âgé de 2 ans, c'est une performance majeure qui mérite un JUPITER .

Roger

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 11:42:15   Edited by: Saluteness

Paul, I had taken some photos of the display. But I don't know how to post it here. It's pretty complicated. I still dont even know how to enter the link! Can any one help me out with that? It would be greatly appreciated.

Pat

Oh and btw, I made a video for you all of the aftermath last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZlSUVFLII

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 11:50:06

Pat: to post a photo just put it in [ img ] http://www.whatever.com/yourphoto.jpg [ /img ]

(take out the spaces next to the square brackets).

Paul.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 12:10:40

Hi Paul,

I'm having trouble watching the video of Canada' performance - everytime I try to click on it, it says "Page Not Found". I also tried "Save Target As", but no luck. Can it be fixed?

Thanks,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 12:33:24

Hey you can fix this by yourself... you just need to edit the link on your adress bar and change it to canada2009 instead of 2099.

Vander

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 12:38:02

Sorry about that! It was late when I edited and uploaded the changes last night! All fixed now.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 13:13:59

Hey thanks Paul. You can probably add the photos somewhere here. But here is the link. http://pyromight.wetpaint.com/photos/album/125542/Royale+Pyrotechnie+( Quebec)

There's around 3 photos that I took of the display. The rest was video which is on my YouTube channel.
http://youtube.com/pyromight

Enjoy guys!
Pat

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 15:20:17

What an awesome show ! Perfect synchronism, exceptional finale and a nice selection of fireworks. Royal's team sure knows how to keep the audience on the edge of their seats for 30 minutes !

The sky was filled from top to bottom and from left to right. I had trouble keeping up with the explosions with my camera. Still, I managed to keep 33 pictures for publication, which is quite a record considering I usually select no more than 15 per show.

My review (in French) and the aforementioned pictures are available on my website.

BTW, it was really nice to meet some of you (Mylene, Paul and Fred) before the show !

STL

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 21:24:55

Il est évident que Royal Pyrotechnie n’a pas déçu ses fans (nombreux et audibles dans les gradins) : le spectacle offert était excellent et à la hauteur des attentes. Un feu dont l’approche artistique était à la fois simple et savamment calibrée pour amener les spectateurs dans une valse rythmique entre les tableaux endiablés et ceux remarquablement délicats. Un feu qui aurait bien pu durer plusieurs minutes de plus, sans lasser les spectateurs, et qui m’a imprégné un sourire sur le visage pendant 30 minutes et au-delà. En prime, le tout s’est déroulé par une belle soirée d’été, alors que les nuages ne faisaient pas planer un risque de pluie sur le site, pour une fois. Sixième feu en compétition sur huit, dans le cadre d’une saison de haut niveau, son classement est une opération délicate, surtout que notre fierté nationale avait été habilement stimulée par les organisateurs qui, imaginant de la nouveauté là où il n’y en a pas, clamaient haut et fort qu’une firme représentait le Québec pour la première fois (je partage en tout point le propos sarcastique de Paul, c’était là une pure invention marketing, insultante à l’égard des artificiers du Canada anglais qui n’ont pas souvent eu l’honneur d’être invités à faire Montréal), faisant précéder l’Ô Canada d’une interprétation de Gens du Pays, par une cantatrice toute de blanc et de bleu vêtue. Pour contrôler cet effet exercé sur notre fibre nationaliste, il faut donc y aller critère par critère.

La qualité des pièces. Si l’on ne s’est pas ennuyés pendant ce spectacle, c’est en partie grâce à la variété du matériel pyrotechnique, diversifié à souhait : on ne peut dire qu’un type de pièce, ou une couleur en particulier, dominait le spectacle, contrairement aux spectacles de Panzera ou de Fuegos, par exemple. La palette de couleurs était diversifiée et plusieurs pièces présentaient des changements de couleurs. Nombreuses étaient les pièces sophistiquées qui produisaient plusieurs effets. Clairement, un point fort du spectacle. 9,5/10.

Conception pyromusicale. Mon appréciation est un peu plus nuancée sur ce point. Dans l’ensemble, la conception pyromusicale était de très bonne qualité, mais pas excellente, ni originale. De « très bonne qualité », parce que plusieurs tableaux ont été patiemment construits, créant quelques crescendos pendant le spectacle. Le concepteur Yanick Roy manie de façon remarquable l’art d’entraîner les spectateurs dans des rythmes différents, tantôt très puissants, tantôt très sublimes. Vers la 5e minute du spectacle, le tableau au cours duquel des gerbes blanches (ou de courtes comètes?) dessinaient des arcs en valsant tout près de l’eau était absolument magnifique. Une autre belle réussite fut ce tableau développé sur le thème des tourbillons, qui jaillissaient de plusieurs types de pièces, à tous les niveaux, même sur les tours qui s’illuminèrent alors pour la première fois. Une conception pas « excellente », à mon avis, parce que le thème « Voilà » était peu signifiant, ne créait pas de fil conducteur, contrairement aux spectacles d’Igual, de Pains ou de Pyromagic. « Ni originale », du moins en comparaison avec les performances auxquelles nous avons assistées ces dernières semaines. Les pièces illuminées sur les deux tours ou les mines lancées de celles-ci ne constituaient pas un concept nouveau à Montréal. Le matériel pyrotechnique ne présentait pas de nouveauté remarquable, me semble-t-il. 8,5/10.

Conception technique. Le site de La Ronde ne présente plus de secret pour ces artificiers et ils l’ont habilement exploité, avec des pièces sur toutes les rampes, les deux tours placées sur la rampe 2 et quelques radeaux au centre du lac. Les pièces nautiques n’étaient pas très diversifiées, mais les bombes nautiques dorées qui ont éclaté sur l’un des tableaux étaient de gros calibre et produisaient leur effet! Le spectacle a été dense et constant. Quelques pièces ont éclaté au mauvais moment, mais aucun problème technique n’est venu perturber le tout. Sur ce critère, j’avais attribué des notes de 9,5 et 10,0 à Pains et Pyromagic, principalement pour l’usage original du site (les symboles homme/femme pour Pains, et la grille formée à l’aide de 42 plates-formes flottantes pour Pyromagic). Il me semble que 9,0/10 est une note justifiée pour Royal.

Bande sonore. C’est certainement l’un des critères les plus difficiles car les goûts personnels créent une interférence qui peut prêter à bien des injustices. On reconnaissait ici l’empreinte musicale de Royal : certaines pièces musicales m’étaient un peu familières car je les avais entendues dans des feux présentés par cette firme au Vieux-Port de Montréal dans le cadre des Feux sur glace. Le choix musical est difficile à qualifier. Quelqu’un me disait qu’il s’agissait d’une bande sonore « oubliable » (sans le « in »). En un sens, il y avait là un certain effacement, comme si on avait recherché une bande sonore « atmosphérique », simplement destinée à créer une ambiance propice à l’appréciation d’un spectacle pyrotechnique. Personnellement, j’ai bien aimé cette musique atmosphérique et elle laissait libre cours à notre imagination. Pour l’évaluation, on peut se rabattre sur la dimension la plus technique : la qualité des enchaînements. Ils étaient parfaits : une bande sonore continue qui ne laissait même pas de place aux applaudissements. Une bonne candidature pour le Jupiter spécial destiné à la bande sonore? On verra. Pour l’instant, je me limite à attribuer la note modale de 9,0 sur ce critère. Il s’agit du pointage que j’ai attribué sur ce critère à chaque feu, sauf Igual (9,5) en raison de l’ajout de certains éléments sonores (ex. : les orages) à la bande musicale.

Synchronisation. Notons d’abord que Michel Lacroix s’est réconcilié avec le système de mise à feu et que son décompte était bien synchronisé cette semaine! Quant au feu, la synchronisation était excellente tout au long du spectacle, incluant quelques séquences pendant lesquelles le degré de précision suivait à la note près. Je crois que cela équivaut à la synchronisation atteinte lors de certaines séquences très saccadées du feu d’Igual et d’autres séquences de mines dans le feu de Pyromagic, pour lesquels j’ai attribué 9,0 points sur ce critère. Pour Fuegos Jupiter, j’avais opté pour 9,5 points, en raison du nombre de tableaux au terme la synchronisation atteignait même la luminosité des pièces, qui décroissait simultanément avec le volume de la bande sonore. Il me semble que la note de 9,0 est plus juste pour Royal Pyrotechnie.

En somme, j’arrive à un total de 45,0/50, soit 90%. Un A+!

Pièces pyrotechniques : 9,5/10
Conception pyromusicale : 8,5/10
Conception technique : 9,0/10
Bande sonore : 9,0/10
Synchronisation : 9,0/10

Total : 45,0/50

1. Pyromagic Productions (Hong Kong) (93%)
2. Pirotécnia Igual (Espagne) (91,5%)
3. Pains Fireworks (Angleterre) (91%)
4. Royal Pyrotechnie (Canada) (90%)
5. Fuegos Artificales Jupiter (Argentine) (88%)
6. Foti International Fireworks (Australie) (87%)

Je suis certain que plusieurs membres de ce forum trouveront mon jugement sévère et ils estimeront qu’une quatrième place ne rend pas justice à la qualité du travail de la famille Roy. Comme je l’ai souligné, j’estime qu’il s’agit d’un feu de très grande qualité, qui m’a beaucoup plu, mais l’édition 2009 du concours d’art pyrotechnique de Montréal est particulièrement relevée. Entre le premier et le sixième rang, mes notes varient peu, étant contenues sur une étendue de seulement 6 points de pourcentage. Royal est certainement un prétendant sérieux à un Jupiter. Mais l’esprit de la compétition exige un classement et tel est le classement que j’estime être le plus juste, de mon point de vue personnel.

Fred

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 23:15:20

BTW, it was really nice to meet some of you (Mylene, Paul and Fred) before the show !

Ce fut un plaisir partagé! Je suis un peu soulagé de voir que je ne suis pas le seul à considérer le feu de Pyromagic au premier rang... Il est vrai que l'effet de chute suscite toujours des réactions d'admiration de la part de l'auditoire, comme c'était le cas hier soir. Cependant, comme tu l'écris, l'effet est plus saisissant lorsque la chute est installée à une hauteur plus considérable, comme dans le feu sud coréen l'an dernier. Hier, je présume qu'il aurait été possible de hisser la chute au sommet de chacune des tours, ce qui aurait amplifié son impact sans faire intervenir une grue.

Paul, I heard the name of Ruggieri as Michel Lacroix introduced Royal team, last night. I suppose that it is someone from Lacroix Ruggieri. Do you have more info about that?

Fred

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 07:15:49

Paul, I heard the name of Ruggieri as Michel Lacroix introduced Royal team, last night. I suppose that it is someone from Lacroix Ruggieri. Do you have more info about that?

Ruggieri is one of the oldest names in fireworks, but Cicco Ruggieri runs a Canadian fireworks company in Saskatchewan http://www.pyroshow.ca/start.php - they won the Lac des Nations competition in Sherbrooke in 2005.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 11:12:53   Edited by: dambrig

Bonjour à tous,

Un coucou d'outre-atlantique pour féliciter le Québec / Canada de sa prestation que je viens de voir en vidéo.

Pour répondre à Paul au sujet de Ruggieri, je suis un peu surprise étant moi-même artificier chez Ruggieri, (du moins Lacroix-Ruggieri depuis 1998 suite à la fusion, ce nom étant bien sûr protégé), qu'il existe une compagnie en Saskatchewan portant ce nom. A moins que ce soit un revendeur de produits LR mais ce qui ne semble pas du tout être le cas.

DamBrig

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 11:54:26

I don't think you can protect a family name. Ruggieri is an Italian name, but the Ruggieri brothers became famous in France in the 1700s.

It was in the 18th century however, with "the ingenious inventions of the Ruggieri", five brothers, all firework makers who had arrived from Bologna in 1739, that the "pyric art" reached a truly grandiose scale in Europe. The family long held practically a monopoly on shows featuring fire. from http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/france_159/institutions-and-politics_ 6814/bastille-day_7104/14-july-bastille-day_13092.html

I don't believe that the Canadian Ruggieri companies are in any way associated with Lacroix-Ruggieri in France.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 12:57:27

Salut, voila mon rapport concernant l'feux de Royal Pyrotechnie.

J'me suis déplacée de sherbrooke pour voir s'que royal nous réservait pour le feux du canada.

J'suis étonnée du feux de Yannick Roy, D'habitude j'suis plongée dans le doute, mais le feux de ce samedi m'as impressionnée. J'était sur le pont a ressentir toute les onde de choc des bombes qui en autres était étonnament puissant! Sa fesait un bail que j'avait pas revue des bombes qui utilises plus de poudre éclair que d'étoile. J'ai eu les tympant qui sillait pour la première fois!

Heum concernant les trames sonore.. j'ai rien entendus d'ou j'était. Mais sa me plaisait qu'il y avait jamais de trous noir dans l'ciel. C'était constant et non-stop. Ont a même eu la chance de voir une couple de bombes exploser dans les mortier et faire des low-burst.

J'ai bien aimée les fausses finales ici et la durant le spectacle, surtout le tableau kamuro argent avec les belle bombes panzera. La séquence finales était incroyablement assourdissante. J'ai tout simplement adorée les bruits des détonnation qui était a vrais dire... EXCITANT!

Étrangement certain bout durant la séquence finale me fesait rappeller leurs dernier gros feux réalisé aux lac des nation il y a quelque semaine.

J'suis pas artificier de Royal mais j'ai bien aimer leurs feux et bon a date sa été l'meilleurs que j'ai vus d'la saison 2009.

mes sympathies.

Jérôme

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 13:07:54

I don't believe that the Canadian Ruggieri companies are in any way associated with Lacroix-Ruggieri in France.

Non aucun lien.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 08:55:20

That was a good show by royal.... Choosing another title could have been more appropriate but the show was nice...

I thought that they should have kept the tight synchronization through out the whole show and not just on certain parts of the show. That being said i really liked the part at 6:35... Those little comets that swam over the water were comic.. The firing patterns at lower level were better than the others... The synched sky mines were also nice to watch, they were used just like normal mines. The Musical selection really allowed some great sequences. The times they used the towers were good too, they should have used it more

The products used were very nice.. Specially the shells by Zaragozana which are very famous for their nice colors.. The tourbillions/spinners were good too although the ones by jupiter were better. The gold to silver willow nautical shells were probably one of the better ones so far in the season.

A good and lengthy finale ended this great performance by royal. The towers could have been used a lot more.... but the hyroglyphics (excuse my spelling xD) kind of design they made were cool. So far this is my rankings...

1. Argentina - Fuegos Artificiales Jupiter
2. Quebec/Canada - Royal Pyrotechnie
3. Spain - Pirotecnia Igual
4. Hongkong/China - Pyromagic
5. Australia - Foti Fireworks
6. England - Pains Fireworks

Since the competition is about to end, I thought that all of the shows were good but so far no one has shown something that will stand out from the rest.. There were some good tries though, but could have been executed better. Must be because of weather conditions or other problems... The next show's another show that I've been waiting for this season.. Hopefully we'll see more surprises

Vander

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 10:34:12   Edited by: Rovira

Well, it was a nice show. Powerfull and creative. Some segments were great and very very creative. The use of the diferent hights and angles was really good (and also the MAGNIFIC water shells). And of ourse the last segments. In particular I didn't like the real finale a lot, but it's just because they use only the sky, and moreover it was too short for my taste. It was intense but not dense.

I think I could divide the show in two partse. The first part, which for me is more simple and the second one, which is more powerful and more elaborated.

The theme was just OK. For me the music used was too "epic". Epic music is good to use in some segments but not always. I think it's like the easy way to keep the emotion in the viewers.

In conclusion: for me it was a very good display but not very elegant neither stylish. I like subtile stuff, and this show was not very subtile.

My ranking so far:

1 - ENGLAND (or ARGENTINA ,I can't decide, both displays descrive the way I like fireworks)

2- Argentina (or ENGLAND)
3- QUEBEC

4- SPAIN

5- HONGKONG
6- AUSTRALIA

* The lines between the competitiors means the difference of quality between the displays (at least from my point of view). Quality in terms of elegance, a concept very important for me when we are talking about fireworks and pyromusicals.

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 16:52:38

Knowing that I am a bit late to the discussion, I'll make my comments brief.

I thought that Quebec/Canada (let's just say Royal) put on a pretty good display. There was a palpable energy that was maintained throughout the display and this is quite an achievement considering the weak theme (Voilà). The quality of the product was very good and the soundtrack, while not strong on theme, was thoroughly enjoyable and helped to maintain my interest. Effects and pieces were varied and the firing style, at times, rather original. Overall I would consider it a Jupiter contender and based on other reviews read here, there is the potential for a Gold Jupiter as it seems to have appealed to the masses.

Also, it while I think it is ridiculous to name Quebec as the representative of the display, it seems to have done the trick as the grandstands at La Ronde were jam packed - I had to watch from just beside the Bronze section - not too shabby.

Tyler

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022