Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2010 Display Reviews —› Brézac Artifices Official Press Release
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 15:50:25

The press release for the final display this year is here

Note that the 2.5m balloon that's mentioned in the release will not be used in the display, it's just for publicity purposes.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 15:57:21

Also featured is a gigantic balloon – 2.5 metres in diameter – representing the Earth!

Euh?? So I don't really understand the purpose of this publicity if the balloon is not actually featured in the show.

Fred

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 16:00:59

And it's more like 2.5m in circumference, not diameter. I wondered if it was filled with blackpowder ... to make the largest salute fired in the competition It looked like a 50" shell!!!!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 16:05:09

Ok, so there's actually a balloon but it is not a pyrotechnic component of the show. Am I right?

Fred

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 16:09:31

That's right Fred. It is actually a model of the Earth and Dominique said it was for publicity and photographic purposes and would not be used in the display. That was when I wondered if it was filled with blackpowder and if we could see a mortar larger enough to launch it from. It's about the same diameter as the largest shells fired in the World - Japanese 48" calibre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iym3sIGJ9BU

Paul.

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 16:21:21

I didn't think I'd see a theme revolving partly around the four seasons so suddenly - I am hoping that all aspects of the theme, given its complexity, are well reinforced with interesting synchronization, creativity and appropriate effects. The display itself is expected to be the most complex of this year's competitors, however, so I'm sure that much will be achieved in the creativity component.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 20:51:08

Having a balloon as a model of the Earth in a pyrotechnic show reminds me the giant geospherical screen used in Epcot's nightime show, "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth". (I wonder if this is the origin of Reflections_of_Earth nickname?!?)

To see it, follow the link and move to 3:07:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2MfXxO-jk

Fred

Posted: Aug 4, 2010 20:55:22

Having a balloon as a model of the Earth in a pyrotechnic show ... except the balloon will not be in the show ... unless they are keeping it as a surprise!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 00:20:57

maybe the balloon will be used for a giant balloon fountain like the ones used at this show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0c-NiF6vxI at 1:23 Although i like the blackpowder idea more

Vander

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 10:34:04

From the french press release :

Ils y évoqueront tour à tour les éléments, les humeurs et les saisons, avant de clore avec une finale toute dorée de plus de 4 minutes!

I'd think that the 2010 season will end in a barrage of kamuros...

At least, they are the only contestant to pull this off this year. Yet, I have to admit that Taiwan was not far with their falling leaves finale...

I hope that it'll be more entertaining than that ! The rest of the display looks promising, at least.

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 10:51:47

It says the same thing in the english press release too: "before closing with a gilt-edged finale over 4 minutes long! "

Brézac also did a very long gold finale in 2006 as well as in 2001, but not in 1997.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 10:58:53

Eh? I must have missed that part. I was anticipating a nice elongated "colorful" finale from Brézac this time around, but oh well.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 5, 2010 12:55:28

In my interview Dominque said most of the segments would be monochromatic - so I presumed this would be the case in the finale too.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 6, 2010 10:19:13

My guess is the balloon will be used during the ceremony. And why not, may be surfing in the crowd...

Also, the english press release says 'closing with a gilt-edged finale over 4 minutes long' giving us a hint that it might be all gold, while the french one says 'clore avec une finale toute dorée de plus de 4 minutes' which can really be translated by all gold. In any case, we'll see tomorrow

Enjoy the last show in competition all !

Posted: Aug 6, 2010 16:00:20

There have certainly been some excellent displays this year. A season of fireworks is always a delight; a whole SEASON! I am greatful to be able to attend Brezac's display tomorow! This will be the third time for me seeing one of their displays, and they were in fact my personal choice for gold in 2006. My eyes lit up with excitement when I saw them as one of the competitors for this year, and I knew right then, that I would make plans to be in attendance. Tomorow, I will be there to enjoy a magnificent display! I'm so excited!!

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020