Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2011 Display Reviews —› Interview with Team Zambelli Fireworks
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 09:36:46

My interview with Patrick Brault and George Zambelli is here: http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=447

Paul.

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 14:59:52   Edited by: fredbastien

That is a very interesting interview, which highlight a fact that many people don't know, that is, that some shows are designed by people hired by contestants rather than by insiders, and that such designers are sometimes from other countries. I suppose that most readers here are aware of that, but it is not the case among a larger audience (I desesparate to have to explain again in 2011 that two shows from the same country are not necessarily made by the same company!).

Patrick Brault is also involved on a (ir?)regular basis in the Quebec City competition. At least, he was the designer of the closing display I attended in 2009.

Fred

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 16:15:16

that some shows are designed by people hired by contestants rather than by insiders, and that such designers are sometimes from other countries

Patrick could be thought of as an insider now as he has been working on display design for Zambelli for close to three years, though he still runs his Sirius Pyrotechnics services company.

Paul

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 16:33:53

A stunning finale from team U.S.A would most certainly be the ideal early-birthday treat for me. This should prove to be a spectacular performance in its entirety - it appears to be well organized, too.

Thank you, as always, for the interesting information, Paul. I am just keeping an eye on these winds.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 17:41:50   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

Sounds like it's going to be an interesting display! If the interview is anything to go by it seems like this show would have a few resemblance with the show presented by archangel fireworks in celebration of light 2009. Same theme, same music, and one of the choreographers are the same! Well these are nothing but speculations! Would be interesting to see a zambelli style show in the competition.

Vander

Page loading time (sec.): 0.027