Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2013 Display Reviews —› Interview with Team England
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 09:05:46

My interview with Merlin Fireworks is here: http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=716

Paul

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 11:12:28

According to Trav's forecast, we should be safe for tonight. However, I cross my fingers that some mortars will not be flooded...

Fred

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 13:02:04

The mortars I'm not worried about as they are well covered. More concerning are the one-shots as water can creep along the igniter wires and get into the lift charges - I believe this is the reason FIreworX's one-shots were weak in some cases.

I also hope that it's dry tomorrow for my Canada Day show!

Paul.

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 14:22:18

I hope the following shows will stay away from the "keeping it simple" formula

Best Regards,
Vander

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 15:11:49

Vander, there's different ways of "keeping it simple". Lots of complex set pieces, ramp 5 and so on are things that are not simple and can cost a team a lot of time to setup. I'd rather they focus their efforts on more complex designs (more interesting angles, use of the space and sequences etc.). So I'm confident tonight's "simple" display will be quite complex

Paul.

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 15:59:06

There are some pictures from the firing ramps on Merlin Facebook page. I think the setup process today is somewhat complex, not because the pyro design, but due to the heavy rain...

Fred

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 16:40:41

From the facebook pictures, the set up certainly looks "complex".. Seems too rainy and wet. If they meant simple without the structures but with complex single shot angles then calling the show "simple" would be misleading

Best Regards,
Vander

Posted: Jun 28, 2013 16:51:28

Thank you for this information, Paul - this does sound like an interesting display (and design), particularly in terms of the transitions and emotions involved with the storyline!

Fred, yes, we should be okay for this evening, though I encourage everyone to dress warmly.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026