Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2013 Display Reviews —› Interview with Team Canada
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 26, 2013 06:44:46

My interview with Michael Bohohos of Garden City Fireworks, representing Canada: http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=789

Paul.

Posted: Jul 26, 2013 09:54:34

Thank you for this interview, Paul. In 2002, the Japanese team Marutamaya, did a show with the same title, distinguishing the seasons in separate parts. But it is obvious from the soundtrack that we will have a very different experience this time.

About the soundtrack, this is from interview with Team Croatia:
Given the young age of the team, they were proud to note that the both the music and scripting only took a week each

And from the interview with Team Canada:
He said the soundtrack took about one year to come into its final form.

Pardon me, but the difference is so striking that I couldn't refrain! Obviously, both measures aren't exactly the same, as we don't know which parts of the creative process are included in each case. Furthermore, as I sometime say to students complaining about poor grades but arguing they spent a lot of time to study for an exam or to write a paper, it's the final result which matters at the end of the day. But I hypothesize that time devoted to a project and final result are correlated to a certain extent.

Fred

Posted: Jul 26, 2013 12:22:50

This is one of those displays that I've been particularly looking forward to since themes were first disclosed. I am really hoping to see a very distinct representation of each of the seasons, including perhaps "some" effects that could highlight a few characteristic climatic/meteorological events! I am also eager to see how seasons will transition from one to the other.

Also, it is interesting to note that the use of such a theme has coincided with the relatively recent erratic weather patterns, which has, undoubtedly, displayed a variety of seasons!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022