Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2014 Display Reviews —› 2014 official results
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 18:38:44

Please submit the official results here, and/or any comments that you may have concerning them!

Anxiously waiting.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 20:36:10

Who's up for pre drinks? I'll be the little arrogant bastard with a green checkered shirt at the bar/salon des étoiles. I should be there in 30m (around 21h15)

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 22:48:31

Well in case you didn't know it's canada, go to, brezac and brezac have won best soundtrack

Just like it was "guessed" here

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 00:17:15

Go to = foti.
Sorry for the autocorrect

Where are you all???

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 00:59:14   Edited by: rachelita

they are all out celebrating and partying at La Ronde, I am pretty sure - I am sure there is a lot of beer flowing around

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 02:02:52

oh yes there was; and food as well since it was the closure.

Sad nobody came to see me, I was hoping to meet some of y'all - after all we do share the same passion.

Congrats again to the Royal/FSC team (and Foti & Brezac as well obv, along with all participants.)

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 02:23:10   Edited by: fredbastien

Here are the official results:

Gold Jupiter - Royal Pyrotechnie and Fireworks Spectaculars Canada
Silver Jupiter - Foti International Fireworks (Australia)
Bronze Jupiter - Brézac Artifices (France)

Best Soundtrack Award - Brézac Artifices (France)
Green Achievement Award - Pirotecnica Morsani (Italy)

Fred

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 02:44:30

djbono - kind of hard to say hello when we don't know what you look like. I was there and my picture is in various places on the forum ... you should have come by and said hello!

Great results this evening, just how they should have been!

Paul.

p.s. the closing show was good, too!

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 02:47:09

As I always said in the past when Canada took first place, "Goooooooo Canada!!!!!!!".

And wow, many of us, including myself, have correctly predicted who the jury would pick, as well as with respect to best soundtrack!

I am also pleased that the convective rains and non-severe thunderstorms stayed away from the island for the evening hours, with the strongest thunderstorms remaining far to the NE, near Trois-Rivieres. As expected, precipitation began diminishing following dusk, but convection was still remaining active in an isolated manner for the remainder of the evening in S. Quebec. Thus, all displays of the 30th edition officially experienced dry conditions.

And my video compilation for the closing display (video description provided):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Qa9OgE2Fw

And so concludes 25 years of attendance for me!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 03:06:56

Although unrelated, I also wanted to share a lightning bolt that I captured from a thunderstorm occurring close to the West Island around 5:45 p.m., August 2nd:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/Rain12/August2nd2014-lightning. jpg

Trav.

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 03:30:09   Edited by: fredbastien

That was a great night to close a grandiose edition of the competition. Once again, the weather was cooperative but Trav's forecast about wind direction was half-wrong, as it blew toward the audience for about the first half of the show!

The result is as many people in this forum has expected. Vander, JulienLH, Rachel, Bob, PyroDan, Trav, and me have predicted exactly this podium (which also the preference of Mylène). While Brézac Artifices' show was my personal favorite, I am very pleased with the result and happy that the French team won a prize. All these winners deserve to be on the podium. Furthermore, I have some thought for other contestants who did great shows, especially Pirotécnia Vicente Caballer whose extravaganza was a master piece.

The Award Ceremony took place on the floating stage right before the closing display.

The director in charge of sponsorship at Loto-Québec, the general manager of La Ronde and the director of the fireworks competition were on the stage with the master of ceremony, Michel Lacroix.

Crew members of Royal Pyrotechnie & Fireworks Spectaculars Canada, and Foti International Fireworks received their prize, here with the officials:

Following the closing display, produced by Panzera S.A.S. on the soundtrack designed by Paul Csukassy, a party was organized to honour the winners and to bring the 30th edition to a close. Here are Paul Csukassy and Team Panzera (sorry for the fuzzy picture):

The winners were pictured again with their trophies:

Gold, Silver, and Bronze Jupiter were awarded by a popular jury of 19 people who had already been jury members in previous editions of the competition:

The party area was decorated with photographs taken throughout the event. Here is the driving force behind this event, the competition director Martyne Gagnon, and the technical director (i.e., the pyro chief), Paul Csukassy, who also received honors during the Award Ceremony for 25 years of service:

Well, it is already "The End". (Guess when this ultimate picture has been taken!)

Fred

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 11:17:10

Here is the link for the 2014 videos.

http://www.burchcom.com/2014/index.html

To download your own copy, right click on this link and select "save target as" ... the file is 710 MB

http://www.burchcom.com/2014/2014pinkfloyd.mp4

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 11:25:09   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Fred,

Thank you for these pictures! Indeed, I very much recognize where the last photo came from (Portugal 2008)!

Yes, the wind situation was rather interesting yesterday evening and reminded me a little of what occurred before and during the American display in 2012. Normally, when winds are light, they can sometimes become variable in direction locally. I noticed that when the winners were announced just after 9:30 p.m., the winds had been blowing the smoke from the fireworks gently in generally the correct direction. However, just prior to 10:00 p.m., they became more West-Southwesterly, which meant that the smoke would be blowing towards the La Ronde audience more directly. Fortunately, the overall tendency re-adjusted itself to the forecasted wind direction in time for the second half of the show (more so the last third of the show), which was good news for the finale. Also, since the show was not really active, smoke accumulation did not become a major concern.

Other than that, did anyone else wake up with that empty feeling this morning? Thankfully, though, we are still in the heart of Summer!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022