Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2017 Display Reviews —› Interview with Team Rozzi/Panzera
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 20:16:53

My first interview of the 2017 season with Team Rozzi's Famous Fireworks / Panzera S.A.S.

http://montreal-fireworks.com/ReportBlog/?p=1255

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 09:36:15

Thank you, Paul, for this inaugural interview. Regarding some sort of special structures, La Ronde has used lances to create "20" and "200" for the 20th anniversary and the 200th show of the competition, so we may expect a "MTL375" or something like that. The logo of the Canadians hockey club may also be a good idea for Loco Locass' segment!

According to what La Ronde has announced last September - and which is still advertised on their website - we shall also see a live performance of singer Ian Kelly. I assume that he is going to sing on a floating stage (smaller than the protocolar stage) similarly to previous performers.

Fred

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 07:49:03

Fred - there was no mention of any live performance, but that doesn't mean there won't be! The Jacques Cartier Bridge will also be used during the countdown, from what I understand.

Paul.

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 09:56:55

Yeeees. I've been looking forward to see how the bridge fits in.

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 11:07:42   Edited by: fredbastien

Two days ago, asked about the behaviour of the lighting system during the fireworks, the officials of the Jacques-Cartier bridge replied (@pontJCBridge): "Juste un éclairage fonctionnel pendant les feux mais un clin d'oeil à #Canada150 exceptionnellement le 1er juillet."

This morning, there are news reports that a 8-minute special sequence, made of red and white colours, will be performed from the sunset to 3am each hour, to celebrate Canada Day.
http://quebec.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/30/une-illumination-speciale-d u-pont-jacques-cartier-pour-la-fete-d_a_23010876/?ncid=tweetlnkcahpmg0 0000011

We will see if there's more for the countdown as reported by Paul.

Paul, about a Ian Kelly's live performance: this is advertised on La Ronde website since the September 2016 press conference. I have not heard anything else, though.

Fred

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 11:08:53

It would be neat to use the bridge as part of the countdowns for all of the displays, at least for this year!

Trav.

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 13:12:04

It would be neat to use the bridge as part of the countdowns for all of the displays, at least for this year!

I was told that there is no technical reason this cannot be done (as the bridge is closed to traffic) ... let's see what happens tonight!

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019