Montreal Fireworks Forum —› 2023 Display Reviews —› 2023 winners
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 10, 2023 21:41:14

Green award: Portugal
Soundtrack: USA
Bronze: Portugal
Silver: USA
Gold: Finland

Congratulations to JoHo Pyro - Professional fireworks and all the other winners!

Posted: Aug 12, 2023 01:52:30

The outcome of the 2023 competition did not come as a major surprise. I predicted that Joho Pyro and Rozzi Fireworks were going to win the Gold Jupiter and Silver Jupiter.

However, whereas I had anticipated a “close race” between Rozzi and HC Pyrotechnic, Macedo’s Pirotecnia appeared as a contender for a Jupiter among people I heard or read in the past few days. I was still pretty confident for the Belgian team, my second favorite show this year. My heart has been broken when I became aware of the result. I hypothesize that Macedo’s theming, by far the most advanced this year, has played in favor of the Portuguese entrant.

Fred

Posted: Aug 15, 2023 22:11:52

Hi Fred,

I also suspect that the theme had some contribution to Portugal appearing among the winners. As I wrote in my review, I saw that the audience around me was very engaged with the show, and I placed the Portuguese display in first place in my 2023 summary for the most tenacious theme this year. I was actually battling constantly between Belgium and Portugal for the Bronze Jupiter, but I elected to very marginally go with Belgium at the end. I really liked Portugal's organization around its theme, and the music that it used was very popular. On a side note, for me, the Portuguese had the best finale, as well.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021