Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› Pyromusical Design —› Captain Jack Shenanigan, A Pirate Tale - My 2nd py
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 12:56:33   Edited by: STL

Hi everyone,

To follow suit to the offer that Sisters Brand Fireworks made to me at the last PGI convention, I went to Springfield, Missouri, last week to shoot a whopping 15-minutes pyromusical that I made entirely with 1.4 G (consumer) cakes and fountains from Sisters Brand.

The event was a 1.4G competition held during the National Fireworks Association Expo, in which we were competing against Dominator Fireworks (and their 1.4G Pro line of products).

Unfortunately, we didn't win that one, but this was still a great experience for me to choreograph and shoot such a long display (this was my longest design so far).

While I'm working to get the display video online, you may check out the simulation and a behind-the-scenes featurette (with show excerpt) from Dave DeSaffis, a famous fireworks enthusiast who has one of the most consulted fireworks-related channel on YouTube.

As a bonus, this show features pirate screams done by Paul Marriott himself to add a pirate mood to the display !

Simulation (on Finale Fireworks' website - 60 seconds of black sky at the beginning for console sync)

Making-of part 1
Making-of part 2
Making-of part 3

Show video (by Dave)

I'll update this post with the actual display video (I believe by now Dave should have one online - EDIT : Dave's video added to the list).

Enjoy !

Posted: Sep 17, 2010 13:33:09

The page for this show is now ready (WTF, I can't edit my previous post...) :

Captain Jack Shenanigan, A Pirate Tale

Posted: Sep 17, 2010 16:39:38

Hi STL,

Thank you for sharing your entertaining video - it's a pleasure to see a little fireworks display now that Fall is just around the corner (arguably, it feels like Fall already).

As for post editing, the reason as to why you are unable to edit is simply because more than 24 hours have elapsed since you posted your initial message. I suppose the system only allows you to edit within a day of your first posting.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023