Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› Pyromusical Design —› Simulation - Tribute to Les B.B.
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 11, 2015 09:59:25   Edited by: STL

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time, but I finally got around to film and put online a simulation I did back in the fall of 2013.

It's a display meant to be entered in the Nations Lake competition in Sherbrooke and it therefore follows the rules circa 2011-2012, when I was filming these displays for the contestants. The mandatory budget (~22 000 $ CAN) , cue count (600), shell selection (authorized in Canada) and firing positions (barge for single shots and cakes, shells on the other shore of the lake) are all respected.

In those years, the theme was to pay a tribute to a band or a musician on a list provided by the organizers.

Since I did not have this list and after discussing it with a friend, I chose to pay a tribute to Les B.B., a Québec band popular in the early 90's. They used to be really popular with the girls back then for their love-centered songs (like the Backstreet Boys a few years later), but when revisiting their songs, I saw the potential for a nice display since they have mean power ballads and groovy songs of all styles. I'm also a fan of "quétaine" (kitsch) music, so it fit the bill just fine !

I edited the soundtrack myself and worked really hard to make all the gaps as seamless as possible. I think this is my best effort yet, especially the first three songs medley. Please tell me what you think of it.

I had to film my computer screen to put this video online, so sorry for the slight picture degradation.

Due to this issue, most golden effects look whitish. For example, during the "Tu ne sauras jamais" song (Scorpions-like power ballad after the children chorus), the first group of golden round shells are golden willows, while the second group a bit later are golden twinkling long-burning kamuros (with gold mines to pink tip cakes at the bottom), but they now look alike. Please use your imagination

This show could be called The day I stopped worrying and love pattern shells. I can understand if someone wants to rip my pattern shell licence in two after this, but I had fun while it lasted. Kudos to those who can identify all the references, although I understand that those who don't speak French may be at a loss. In this case, just sit back and enjoy the ride !

The very first shell cue drowns the soundtrack, but the narrator (Québec actor Stéphane Crête) is whispering suggestively "Juste... pour... toi !" ("Just... for... you !"[img]http://montreal-fireworks.com/forum/img/smilies/wink.gif[/i mg]. The narration is actually the intro of the first song I use in the display. Hope it will help you make sense of the particular pattern used there.

Without further ado, here's my pyromusical Tribute to Les B.B.

Have fun !

STL

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024