Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› Pyromusical Design —› Pyromusical shooting and simulation
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 12, 2005 11:10:33

Hi!, I'm Daniel, I have found a very nice system for control and simulation of fireworks (and pyromusical shows), I finding opinions about it... They have a free software that allows to create 3D simulations of any pyrotechnic device, and it is free .
I'm refering to PMFC (Pyro Musical Fireworks Center) for shooting control, PMFCsim for create simulations, and FWEngine free software for devices creation and simulation.

Download "FWEngine" and "Simulation Demo Show" (it is a pyromusical show with sound and 3D effects):
http://pmfc.blastdivision.com.ar/ingles/download.html

And look at the photos:
http://pmfc.blastdivision.com.ar/ingles/pictures.html

bests regards,

Daniel A.

Posted: Jul 12, 2005 11:14:20   Edited by: Enkil

Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure if I understand correctly... Is this a software for pyrotechnicians? Can anyone use it for fun?

Posted: Jul 12, 2005 11:17:25

Daniel,

that looks like a very interesting piece of software. Are you at all associated with the company who produced it?

Best regards,

Paul.

Posted: Jul 12, 2005 11:36:47   Edited by: Smoke

Daniel,

This sounds like an intriguing idea. It would be nice to have another virtual competition, though it can be hard to find the software.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 13, 2005 06:38:20

>> Are you at all associated with the company who produced it?

No, I'm not associated. I have downloaded some softwares for simulation (like ShowSim) but I think that PMFCsim is more realistic. It is 3D and the stars looks very real.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 12:19:52

There is a new 3D version of ShowSim which is much more realistic than anything out there. For some sample videos go to

http://www.showsim.com/showsim/showsim3d.htm

or check out some of the videos created by people at www.vpyro.com.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 04:21:13

Dear Paul,

Have you seen any of the entrant's simulations. Do many use this feature?

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 07:03:10

Have you seen any of the entrant's simulations. Do many use this feature?
I haven't seen any and I'm not sure how many use this feature. It's a good feature, but it takes time to set up and for those designers who are intimately familiar with what their pyrotechnic pieces do, probably not essential. It is, however, a good marketing tool to show potential clients what a show will look like.

Paul.

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 20:48:18   Edited by: Rovira

For those who like the fireworks simulators, I found a new one. It's FINALE FIREWORKS.

http://www.finalefireworks.com/

It's quite realistic but only in two dimensions. They started selling the program 5 month ago, so it's new. There are three versions, the free one, the professional one and the version for "fireworks lovers" (which is 45 dollars), which includes 500 fireworks effects, fireworks editor, all kind of music formats...

I leave you a show made by me with this program with music by Hans Zimmer. I think IPON used this in their show in 2004

http://www.finalefireworks.com/node/1008648

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 22:29:38   Edited by: STL

There are three versions, the free one, the professional one and the version for "fireworks lovers" (which is 45 dollars)

I don't find the "Fireworks lovers" offer : there is either the game ( 15$ ) or the professional version ( 199 $ ).

Nevermind... You have to click through the "Order Full Version" to see the third offer. It's strangely not mentioned anywhere on the home page.

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 01:29:41

hello for all those who are interested in simulators and does not really need to import this simulations in any firing system i recommend, Afterglow This is the latest software produced by the makers of showsim 3d.... The graphics is just like showsim 3d You can import buildings from the google warehouse. It's going to be released very soon at around $50.00

vander

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 05:14:01

Haha! Afterglow the best of the best!!

I cannot wait for this!

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 09:36:34

Hi Guys ! I just bought Finale Fireworks but Aftergows seems more sophisticated....

Vander, can you tell me if they have web page and when is the release ? I just left a commment on the vpyro forums with the same message... I'm quite interested in this program but can't find information about this...

For some reason I always found the RCT firewokrs quite complicated for me... showsim was great, but the free version was very poor and the professional one was very expensive. That's why I bought Fibale fireworks... Lets se what Afterglows is...

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 14:29:54   Edited by: reloadable shell

I like Finale Fireworks, but i speak to Will harvey from Finale Fireworks and we said to me, he cannot do CD of the product, all is on the internet.. well..HOPE afterglow is not, and is made on a CD cause you never know when internet will crash..I'm not feel at all!

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 15:02:50

hey afterglow does not have a website yet Afterglow is like RCT fireworks but less complicated because it is all just fireworks no other stuff included so it would be easier afterglow will be much cheaper and i'm sure it will have pretty good support

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 18:30:54

I like showsim, the only problem was lot of work, and function, isn't not visual yet, I dont understand well all showsim can do.

Like Line,bucket, delay, time code..etc, its technical, but i think its more difficult to devellop creativity when all is surrounded of code of effect and stranges word.

I only do short sequences like finales chains or short comet/mines sequence with showsim cause its hard to put effort to do a nice completed work.

The worstest thing was RTC3 Pyro, but it was the grand-father of the 3D scripting design.
I alway dreamed to script my own show on a computer when i'm young.. its now possible with technology.

No more RTC3, Now we have better!

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 13:25:46   Edited by: Admin

Rebonjour,

J'ai déboursé un petit 200$ pour un logiciel de pyro, je vient tout juste de terminer une conception assez costaud.

http://www.finalefireworks.com/node/1008833

Sur la photo vous pouvez assister exactement à l'endroit des feux de l'évènement du Fire On Ice. Copyright photo, Rachelita.

Je suis aux courrants de Showsim et d'Afterglow, le problème c'est que j'ai toujours eu de la misère avec ces logiciel, que se soit pour jouer avec et synchronisé à une chanson. Je préfère une version 2D, mon PC tire moins de jus et celas m'aide a faire mieux mon travail!

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 13:33:47

Amaranth @ Fire On Ice By FlashSalute "a.k.a Reloadable Shell on mtl fwk"

http://www.finalefireworks.com/node/1008833

Picture copyright: Rachelita

@ Fireworks admin, its possible to change my nickname to FlashSalute?

thank

Jerome

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 14:39:19

@ Fireworks admin, its possible to change my nickname to FlashSalute?

I probably could - there's a could of not-easy ways to do this. The simplest is to delete "reloadable shell" as a user and have you register FlashSalute to the same email address - but that's probably not the way you'd want to do it. I could take a look and see if I can do it in the database directly ... but, in general, this is not something I really want to have to start doing in case it gets screwed up for some reason.

Your Finale Fireworks show is nice ... but it seems to stop at 1:40 ... is that right? Impressive though - now I'm tempted to look at doing this also!

Paul

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 16:46:02   Edited by: reloadable shell

Your Finale Fireworks show is nice ... but it seems to stop at 1:40 ... is that right? Impressive though - now I'm tempted to look at doing this also!

Yeah I stopped the project at this times, I think next time I will make a mixed soundtrack, not put all single song in one display, its benn very hard and boring to remake a chorus another time.

And i'm exagerated too, i put lot of shell, its out of business for this kind of event.

I can export data from Finale to Pyromate Nighthawk/Smartshow & ODA Q-Fire firing system, and to this show into real data to fire real display. its professionnal software, made for enthusiast or serious people from company.

But actually a new software is been created from Showsim Manager, Kyle Kepley, this guy made an awesomes game called Afterglow with a complete effect list!

Serious Fireworks Game growing up, all because a simple roller coaster tycoon 3 and the passion of real people loved to make creation at work and make real virtual competition with trophy and award.

Jerome

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 01:50:33   Edited by: Admin

Hello all, I have been reading your forum and wanted to introduce myself, as well as a simulation contest we are having with real prizes! This thread seemed fitting to post this in.

I have been working with Dominator Fireworks in Liuyang China, and Finale Fireworks choreography software. Dominator has simulated a good bunch of their consumer fireworks and is having a contest, here are the details if you are interested. Dominator also hopes to have simulations in the showsim and possibly afterglow versions of their professional product in 2010...also, it's hard for me to keep up with the forums daily, so if you have a question please email me at ed@dominator fireworks.com, thanks.

This contest is scheduled to start February 1st, this is when the next Finale release is expected which will include the Dominator product, stay tuned for updates and links to go live!

Dominator Fireworks is happy to announce that the first batch of product has been simulated in the Finale Fireworks program.

To kick off the release, we want to offer The Dominator Spring Showdown Contest, with a Prize of $500.00 in Dominator product. Product will be shipped free to legal states, GLASS, the PGI, checks or other payment may be made to non USA participants or available for pick-up at participating dealers nationwide.

The initial batch of products is limited, however we have plans to include most consumer cakes and shells and all of the 1.4g Pro line in Finale as well. The Spring Showdown contest will end April 15th and will lead into a second contest starting May 1st with more products available. The second contest will be larger and the winner's show will be sponsored to be fired in the Unlimited Class C Competition at the PGI. Participation in the Spring Showdown contest will be an added bonus to the judging of the second contest, so we encourage you to enter into both.

Spring Showdown Contest Rules:

- 4 minute maximum runtime. 500 ques max.
- Music or not, your choice.
- Must use currently simulated Dominator product only. The product is being made available in both the pro and consumer versions, We will allow the break apart cakes feature to be used.
- Must be 18 or older, or have a parent we can contact.
- You can enter your show at anytime up until April 15th, at which time it will be closed and we will review all shows. But entering earlier will get you more votes!
- To officially enter the contest, send an email to ed@dominatorfireworks.com with a link to your show, or letting me know it has been saved to the shows tab in Finale, and under what username. If you have video capturing software you may upload it to you tube and post here as well.

- Be sure to include your name, screen name, and an email address and phone number you can be reached at.
- The winner will be announced April 30th to allow plenty of time to get you your prize for the 4th 2010. A winner will be chosen based on popular vote and a judging panel.

If you do not have Finale Fireworks scripting software and want to participate, you can click this link... Finale Fireworks
Get creating!

Here is an example show that has been entered into the contest...

http://finalefireworks.com/node/1015178

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019