Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Fireworks - A shot from Ramp 1!
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 09:08:55

Le Journal de Montréal has an interesting short video recorded from the first ramp during a display:

http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/videos/?bctid=103396301001

Decrease the sound level of your computer before watching!

Fred

Posted: Jun 28, 2010 09:14:07   Edited by: STL

Wow, ça rappelle des souvenirs du feu du 31 décembre 2009 !

Ça aurait été plaisant de placer une caméra (sans caméraman, de toute évidence) derrière le blast shield pour voir les 8-10-12" décoller.

N'empêche que c'est quand même spectaculaire de voir des 6" être mises à feu de si près.

EDIT : It appears that the English module did not load this morning ! Enjoy one of my rare French posts

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 13:24:38   Edited by: fireworksforum

The Journal de Montreal actually seems to be doing a decent job of reporting on the competition this year. Despite some inaccuracies in their article last week, at least they're giving some prominent coverage to the competition.

That video is pretty cool and as STL says, it would be interesting to watch the launch of the 10 and 12" shells from behind the blast shield (the 8" are actually visible in the video as there's a smaller concrete shield between the one guarding the 10 & 12" shells and the 6" shells as shown here:

Paul.

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 18:05:16

Paul,

The guns behind the smaller blast shield are 6" (150mm) steel guns used for special shells.......all 8", 10" and 12" are behind the larger shield

Mike

Posted: Jun 29, 2010 18:14:18

Mike,

thanks for the info - when I took those photos back around the 1999 timeframe that's what I had been lead to believe. I'll correct the information page at the same time.

Anyway, now you come to mention it, I remember seeing Benito Pagano installing his famous 1kg 6" salutes in those mortars behind the small blast shield ... not that it would help much if one of those malfunctioned!

Cheers,

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.014