Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Some thoughts on loyalty
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 20, 2010 15:30:02

I'm not completely naive and do believe that loyalty may have some limits in the corporate world. But I nonetheless think that some lines should not be crossed.

Marc Tremblay has been La Ronde president from 2007 to 2009. It is during his term that new grandstands, topped with ultra-VIP seats, have been installed over the former main midway of La Ronde, removing countless places for standing on-site viewers and causing a real scar in the heart of the park. I remember how proud he was about these grandstands: it was the first thing he talked about as he began his speech on the closing night in 2008.

Now, Tremblay is director of the Palais des congrès de Montréal. His organization now claims that the Palais' terrace "provide you with the best seats in town for the international fireworks competition". This new facility, opened in June 2010 according to their website, is available with a fireworks package, announced on this brochure covered with a fireworks photo:

http://www.congresmtl.com/en/planners/terrace.aspx?lg=en

We don't know about the context of Tremblay's departure from La Ronde (and we don't have to know), and his loyalty doesn't have to formally continue beyond his term. But this is a bit too much, in my opinion.

Fred

Posted: Jul 21, 2010 09:12:58

loyality and honesty are the assets of business or any other profession.
you are absolutely right it is too very much.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.026