Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Videos from the 1st year of the competition found
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 19:51:34

I just got back from visiting pyro-friends in New Hampshire ... and discovered they have video tapes of the very first year of the Montreal Competition, from 1985! There's also tapes from 1987 and other very early years! Very exciting to witness the birth of what would become the most important competition in the fireworks World. I'll work with my friends to get the tapes digitized and hopefully put these up as part of a permanent archive of the competition.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 21:37:01

Wow, this is the sort of update that really revitalizes the spirit. I've always yearned to see the displays from the 80s, especially those from the very first year of the competition in 1985!

Waiting eagerly,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 07:17:39

that sounds really interesting!

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 20:20:21

Thats great! I'd definitely love to see those videos as well. Once I saw a PBS special about fireworks that had a segment about the competition. Back when it was sponsored by Benson and Hedges. Unfortunately, I was pretty young then, and it would be years before I made it to Montreal!

So what did you think of Atlas's display in Jaffrey? I had to miss it unfortunately. I would have liked to see you there as well.

Chris

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 17:10:40

Anymore updates with respect to the videos, Paul? How is your progress with respect to digitizing the tapes?

Aplologies if I sound impatient! I guess this is just an exciting opportunity.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 5, 2011 20:38:11

Are there any new updates for these videos, Paul? Again, my apologies if I sound impatient - I am just anxious to see the footage!

Thanks,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019