Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 2011 Schedule announced - back to 2 displays per w
<< . 1 . 2 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 11:11:42

Well, there's a good likelihood that Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics will be representing Australia this year, and it seems that there will be 9 displays (8 entrants) instead of 10 (starting June 25th and concluding on July 30th).

I just wonder who the remaining participants are! It's nice to finally have an update, but I personally like it when we have to play guessing games for a prolonged period since this keeps the anticipation going, especially for the Winter!

Oh yes, all three of the groundhogs did not see their shadows, so perhaps an early Spring this year!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 5, 2011 23:48:45

@Rovira I'm really hoping to see Vaccalluzzo in the line up this year!! Also hoping that panda fireworks is there

Vander

Posted: Feb 7, 2011 22:50:29

The line-up has been posted!
http://www.internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com/en/programmation/calend rier.aspx

Sat Jun 25 China PANDA
Sat Jul 2 Czech Republic FLASH BARRANDOV SFX
Sat Jul 9 England PYRO 2000
Wed Jul 13 Italy PIROTECNICA MORSANI SRL
Sat Jul 16 Australia HOWARD & SONS PYROTECHNICS
Wed Jul 20 USA ZAMBELLI FIREWORKS
Sat Jul 23 Canada BEM FEUX D’ARTIFICE
Wed Jul 27 France LACROIX RUGGIERI
Sat Jul 30 Finale des Etoiles PANZERA S.A.S. & LA RONDE

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 03:28:20   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

That's a very good line up! I'm very happy to see flash barrandov back on the competition, they've had some really good shows the past few years! It will be nice to see a montreal show from lacroix ruggieri specially because they already have a new designer Howards and sons show will also be something to look forward to! I think the biggest surprise in the line up is china's panda fireworks. They might be the first chinese company to join montreal who is based in liuyang (although sunny's parent company is also based on liuyang but they are named Jǐngtài Fireworks) Zambelli's performance in the oman competition was a bit weak hopfully they design a much better show for montreal!

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 08:15:28

Eh, I was right about B.E.M.'s return ! Hopefully, they'll drop the narrative segment this year and use non-classical music for a change...

I'm glad to see that Panzera is back for the finale, as they'll certainly import a "container"load of italian products for the occasion. Now, will the "Finale des étoiles" pay a tribute to a specific artist ? The schedule is not very clear on this aspect.

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 09:48:23

Interesting lineup - I had a feeling Pyro2000 would compete as they were "seen" at La Ronde last year.

I also have a hunch that local designer, Pat Brault, will be designing for Zambelli - as he did their show in Oman this past December.

And definitely good news about Panzera!!

Paul.

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 13:59:47   Edited by: fredbastien

Thanks, God! Back to a more conventional schedule, without a mid-season off-competition show. Moreover, no sign of any "award display" some days after the closing show, so Panzera will actually bring the event to its end.

I don't know what we should expect from the new entrants, but its nice to get some "fresh blood". In addition to them, Zambelli has not been part of the competition since a long time (I never saw them in Montreal). We may expect improvements from Flash Barrandov and Morsani who have likely learnt from their debut displays in Montreal. I suppose that Lacroix Ruggieri will complete the competition with a big bang!

Great schedule!
Fred

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 15:52:37

The 2011 schedule has finally been released! I am happy that some of my predictions came true in terms of competing countries and corresponding companies, although it is certainly a surprise to see a fair number of different representing firms - I wonder what the American, English and Chinese companies have in mind. It's really nice to see Italy again - the country hasn't appeared in back to back years since 2004. However, I was hoping it would be IPON SRL representing Italy. That said, Pirotecnica Morsani SRL did a fabulous job in 2008, so I'm not complaining too much!

As everyone has expressed with great delight above, I, too, share the same level of excitement about Panzera preparing the closing display after what is going to be three years. Presumably, the awards ceremony will take its rightful place just before the closing, as we used to have it! Also, as Fred mentioned, it's good that there is no off-competition display interfering with the fluidity of the competition!

This should prove to be an interesting year. All we need now is ideal weather conditions for every display in order to maximize enjoyability.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 11:27:48

All my apologies, it seems La Ronde changed their mind regarding the Feux des Etoiles since last summer.

It will be... THE BEATLES !

Posted: Mar 2, 2011 12:53:12

All my apologies, it seems La Ronde changed their mind regarding the Feux des Etoiles since last summer.

It will be... THE BEATLES !

So who was it last year? If it's Paul McCartney, then you were 1/4 right !

This should be interesting. Now, is Paul Csukassy a Beatle-maniac, so he could prepare the soundtrack once again ? Céline Dion tribute's was a masterpiece.

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 07:31:36

That's going to be great! i guessed it right then

Vander

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 05:18:22

looks like Howards and sons' pyromusical extravaganza for this year's competition will be called "Colours of Kakadu" as shown in their website, "Montreal International Fireworks Competition 'Colours of Kakadu' 16th July 2011". Sounds like there would be a lot of greens in their show

Vander
<< . 1 . 2 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012