Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Montréal en lumières
Last poster Message

Posted: Jan 27, 2004 10:29:39

Before the start of the 2004 Mondial SAQ, it will be possible to enjoy the magic of fireworks in Montréal with the newest major festival in Montréal, "Montréal en lumières".

As in the past, a small pyromusical show will be produced outside the Place des Arts each day throughout the festival, from 19 to 29 February. Concept Fiatlux has already been in charge of this 10-minutes-without-bombs production (only candles and other small pieces, because all are lauched from the Place des Arts' roof), but I don't know if it will be this company again. Infos are available at this website:
http://www.montrealenlumiere.com/francais/lumiere/index.php

Furthermore, a pyromusical show will be displayed in front of the Marché Bonsecours, in the Vieux-Port, Saturday, February 29, at 7 pm. Last year, Éric Cardinal from Ampleman produced a beautiful 20-minutes show. It is not yet decided, at this day, which company will get the contract for this show.

I am sure that everyone will be agree with me that Paul should produce, about these wintry activities, one or two detailed reports of which he alone has the secret!

Frédérick

Posted: Jan 28, 2004 05:56:45

Please excuse a mistake in my text about Montréal en lumières. The 20-minutes pyromusical show will be displayed Saturday, February 28, and not February 29 as I wrote yesterday.

Frédérick

Posted: Jan 28, 2004 06:01:30

I'll make some enquiries and find out who is producing this show ... perhaps, as Frédérick suggests, I'll even write a report as well!

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Feb 24, 2004 10:13:35   Edited by: fireworksforum

There will be fireworks every night at 7:30pm adjacent to Complexe Desjardins starting this evening. More info here

There will be a full pyromusical on Saturday 28th February in the Old Port at 19:00. This is being produced by Eric Cardinal of Ampleman Pyrotechnie and it sounds like it's going to be a great show! The soundtrack is called Brasero and Eric tells me that it will be very warm and upbeat.

Paul.

Posted: Feb 27, 2004 07:53:39

I attended one of the fireworks shows last evening and it was pretty good considering the constraints imposed by the site. For those who know the area, it was shot from the low roof of Complex Desjardins adjacent to Ste Catherine street, opposite Place des Arts. This low roof is back by two large tower blocks and the pyro was shot along the front of the roof and between the two towers. Because of this location, no shells were used.

There was a line a flame projectors. These were sequenced to the music used and appeared to use some kind of liquid as the flame rose very quietly in a narrow column, forming a fireball complete with black smoke ring at the top. There were around 20 projectors along the front of the roof. Also along here were various strobes, flares and fountains with candles and mines behind these. The largest mines were set further back between the two towers and the stars and comets reached almost to the top of the buildings.

The show lasted just 10 minutes and I presume is the same every night. The heat of the flame projectors was a welcome bonus in the cold, as were the several bonfires scattered around the plaza at Place des Arts.

I'd definitely recommend a trip to see the show, especially the final one on Sunday when 25,000 chemi-luminescent sticks will be distributed to the audience.

Paul.

Posted: Mar 2, 2004 14:37:56

I attended the Brasero show put on by Ampleman on Saturday evening and had a very enjoyable time. Despite the cold damp wind, there were thousands of people there to witness the display which was fired behind the outdoor skating rink at Bonsecours Basin.

The warm latin music helped create a carnival atmosphere and a particularly enjoyable moment was when a gorgeous Irdienden came to life with its hypnotic pulsating colours and shapes. Supplied as a kit to Ampleman by the renowned Toni Busuttil of Malta (who's work was seen during Hop Kee's show in the Mondial SAQ 2003), this starfish Raddiena (to use the correct singular name) was driven by electric motor rather than the usual black powder drivers. However, it integrated perfectly into the over mise en scene of the display and was enjoyed by all.

I didn't take any notes during the display but enjoyed the sections with glittering blue mines overlayed by weeping willow shells with blue tips and also enjoyed the use of fountains and strobes along the front of the display. The finale was well balanced with good use made of the three levels of display from ground, through mid-level to large shells on top. A very enjoyable evening.

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023