Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› wuold there anybody can help me?
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 30, 2004 00:22:35

I am now looking for some upcoming fireworks competition, so i searched online, only find those outdated ones.
so i would like to ask for some help, could any of u can tell me the some? many thanks.
Sun

Posted: Jul 30, 2004 09:08:26

Sun,

your best bet is to look at:

http://fireworksguide.com/index.html

or:

http://www.fireworks-mag.org/disp.htm

These sites have exhaustive lists of displays and competitions held around the world.

Hope this helps,

Paul.

Posted: Jul 30, 2004 19:01:37

Paul
Thanks a lot, i get a lot from the two webs you suggested me, so nice.
i am ready to know more about fireworks from these nice webs. so important for me. i am now ready for work for a fireworks information company, so fire information is so important for me, i love fireworks and would like to learn more about it. Would you mind tell me more about it?

Sun

Posted: Jul 31, 2004 08:07:40   Edited by: Smoke

Hi Sun,

Sorry for the late reply, but it looks like you got the info you needed.

All I can tell you is that fireworks are there to excite you and give you that feeling from within! The beautiful dramatic colours to the intensiy of chest thumping salutes and massive shells! Great and exciting to watch, especially at the Mondial SAQ!

However, it's very tough to set a fireworks display! As Paul said, you gotta be fit and know your stuff, like where to put the different fireworks and the way they must be arranged, etc. Even after the show, it's hard to clean up, but after a tough job, you'll see that it's worth it!

You'd be surprised of how much work goes into a complex display with a 1/2 hour duration, let alone 15-minute display!

If you would like to know more about fireworks or how it's done at the Mondial SAQ, you can visit the "Information" section and click on the "How it's done" sub topic! Well, I'll just post this link for you: http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/setup.html

There you go! I hope you get a lot out of it! It's very interesting and I'd think that you'd be fascinated by some of the miscellaneous information and statstics! Just an idea of what goes on at our competititon!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 1, 2004 17:54:49

Thanks,
Trav,
i am so glad that you can replay me, and help me to know so much about fireworks. yes, i agree with your opinion that it's difficult to begin a fireworks display for the preparation, the main body and the clear-up, all these must be done by professional teams not common ones, but it worth all !
i am now got more about fireworks and continue to know more it, so i will need your help, would you mind lend me a hand?
Sun

Posted: Aug 2, 2004 07:53:40   Edited by: Smoke

Sun,

There's a lot of things that go on in setting up a complex or authentic display.

As I said before, you can see how things are setup for the display. Paul has some very neat phots of some of those control rooms beneath some of the ramps! You can check out the link I posted in my previous post. It will give you what's done in our competition and also give you what genreally has to be done in any sort of display, maybe not as complex, but a clear and broad idea.

You might also want to check out the "projects" page on this site. Here's the link: http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/pyro_projects.html

This gives you an overview of "rocket fuel." It gives you main ingredients, chemicals and compounds used in order to get the proper reaction from within and also, to create the proper effect when it's to be lauched. It's very useful and gives thorough and detailed information. Of course, however, as it says in the bottom of the page, "If in doubt, DON'T DO IT. You have to be able to think, have some common sense and some manual skills to do this stuff." Some of these compounds can be very harmful and can be exceedingly dangerous if it reacts with another compound! These results can be fatal! I'm not discouraging you to read it, though, because it's for your interest.

I hope that helped.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 2, 2004 19:32:23

Trav
i follow your suggestion to read these acticles carefully, but still found some special words i can't understand, am i stupid? i hope you won't be angry at me, maybe that is because words for them in your zone are different from ours. but i have decided to buy a special dictionary for it.
In order to get more abut it , i seeking for fireworks online all these days and found so many interesting things and useful information, and found how little i know about it and how much there is to learn. so i would like to gain more about it.
i would like to know is there standard items for fireworks in the world, i found they are different in different regions and i have some trouble in identify them and get what they mean, could you give me some suggestion?

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022