Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Short display in La Ronde this Sunday (4/9/2011)
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 1, 2011 12:30:48   Edited by: STL

Hi everyone,

There is a 6-minute display this Sunday in La Ronde. The theme is about child movies.

I wrote to Paul Csukassy to get more details, so I'll post them here if he gets the time to answer me in time.

You need a La Ronde ticket or a season pass to get in the grandstands. I'll provide coverage from the Silver section (video and pictures).

EDIT : Paul Csukassy confirms that the display will be made from leftovers just like the former Pajamas Display and will last 6 min 45.

Furthermore, the display will be prepared in 2 days by 12 pyrotechnicians from La Ronde's team according to l'International's Facebook page.

I wonder who supplies the firing equipment, but I'd lean towards Fiatlux/Ampleman (FireOne system), with Eric Cardinal as the technical expert like for the Michael Jackson tribute in 2009.

STL

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 13:14:40

Thank you for this news, STL.

I just wish that we could have been treated to a 15+ minute show, but this is certainly better than nothing, right?

The weather, however, may be an issue this weekend, especially in terms of potentially strong thunderstorms. We'll continue to keep an eye on this.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 01:02:57

At what time does it start?

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 19:47:32

Hi Enkil,

The show starts at 10 PM.

STL

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 10:51:10

Note that severe weather is possible through today, especially later this afternoon into the early evening hours. Following this evening, this low pressure system will draw in moisture from Tropical Storm Lee, resulting in a fair amount of steady rainfall for Labor Day in the maritimes and stretching westward into southern Quebec. Rainfall warnings may eventually be issued by Environment Canada.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 18:17:37

I made a short article about this show on my website.

There is also the complete video and some pictures.

Check the video to see a recent example of manual electrical firing, as Paul Csukassy confirmed me that they used the 500-cue Goliath manual console to fire this display. I for one didn't notice any synchronization issues during the display, so thumbs up to Paul and his crew !

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020