Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Opening show by Aoki
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 28, 2012 07:36:28

I have some interesting news about the opening Japanese show by Aoki. By all accounts, it could be the most complex show ever fired in the competition. There will be over 320 32-cue firing modules and I heard the display itself will have been 8000 and 9000 cues! Also, lots of very special Japanese shells, including many 12".

Only 2 months to go!

Paul.

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 17:41:31

Thank you, Paul, for this first 2012 scoop which fuel my anticipation!

I often have mix feelings regarding the opening display. On one side, it is always exciting to start a new fireworks season and to enjoy a show after several months of privation. On the other side, there are often a little disappointing. Hopefully, this one will be different and, maybe, reach the podium, a scenario which hasn't happened since the Silver Jupiter-awarded Ipon's opening show in 1998.

Fred

Posted: May 8, 2012 09:55:55

Looks like aoki's planning to give the montreal audience a complete "Hanabi" experience! This should be a very interesting opening display, displays with massive cue counts get me very excited I wonder how much cues vaccalluzzo will have for their montreal show.

Vander

Posted: May 8, 2012 17:17:38

I can hardly wait for Japan's display! Still, we have plenty to look forward to for the remainder of this month and into June! These are the months to really enjoy!

Trav.

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 20:44:37   Edited by: fredbastien

I can't wait to know more about the Japanese show! While Japan has been represented in the Montreal competition multiple times, Aoki is only the second Japanese company to come. Marutamaya has competed eight times, won a Classical Gold Jupiter in 1985, thus getting a laissez-passer for the 2004 Platinum edition, which was its latest appearance.

According to my record, Aoki is the 78th contestant to be recruited by the Montreal International Fireworks Competition. Furthermore, depending how we count, it may be the 250th display of the Montreal competition, whether we include the 10-minute award shows produced in 2009 and 2010. I expect the 250th display to be emphasized by the organizers in a way or another, so we should know soon how they count.

Fred

Page loading time (sec.): 0.015