Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Large display Saturday 21st August
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 07:22:54

I'll be working with a crew of 18 pyrotechnicians from Royal Pyrotechnie who are putting on the largest display ever seen in the Monteregie region. This year is the 175th anniversary of the founding of St Pie (where Royal are based) and so on Saturday 21st August there will be a large pyromusical display in celebration.

http://www.royalpyrotechnie.com/pagesAng/nouvelle.asp for more information.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 07:28:31

Paul,

Is this at 10:00 P.M tomorrow?

Trav.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 07:33:03

I think it will be fired more like at 9:30pm, now that it is getting dark so early. Probably better to be there before 9pm to get a good place to see it. To be honest, I'm not sure where it is being fired from. I will find out tomorrow when I'm on-site setting up the display. But then I won't have access to the forum. Anyway, St Pie is quite a small town so I'm sure it will be easy to find.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 07:41:12

Paul,

Do you know how far it is from Montreal? And do you know where St Pie is located, or which major city, or district, it's located close to? I've never actually been there, although I've heard of it.

I hope that I'll be able to go. It would be really nice to see a last display for the summer!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 08:00:10

St Pie is about 75km from Montreal. The closest major city is St Hyacinthe. There's two ways of getting there: take highway 20 to St Hyacinthe, then take highway 235 to Saint Pie. The other way is to take highway 10 to exit 55, then take the 235 in the direction of Ange Gardian. St Pie is about 15km north from exit 55.

I think it will be well worth the trip!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 08:11:58

75 km?

That's not far at all! I was just in St-Hyacinthe last week on the way to Quebec city, so I know how to get there, but I'll see if I can get to St Pie from there.

One more question, is this display going to be about 1/2 hour, or close to 25 minutes?

Anyways, like you say, I think it would be worth the trip. I'm really giving it some serious thought! I'll have to ask my parents if they want to go first, though.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 08:17:58

To be honest, I don't know how long the display is. I haven't seen the script yet - I'll see that tomorrow. I would imagine, though, that it will be at least 20 minutes, though 25 is possible. I doubt it would be 30 minutes. Really, only the Mondial SAQ has 30 minute displays on a regular basis. Most other competitions are less than that, except, perhaps, for their closing displays. Most commercial displays are in the 15-20 minute range, or less.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 08:26:21

I would imagine in that same time frame. I'm hoping it would be in the 20-25 minute range.

BTW, Paul, any ideas or guesses on 2005? Obviously, it will be back to the gold, silver and bronze scenarios. I know Canada and the U.S will be there! I'll have to keep guessing until January!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 08:31:50

I have a couple of guesses for new competitors for 2005:

Fuegos Jupiter (Argentina) http://www.fuegos-jupiter.com.ar
Howard and Sons (Australia) http://www.howardsfireworks.com.au
Göteborg Fireworks factory (Sweden) http://www.fyrverkerifabriken.se

All based on people I saw visiting the competition this year and last year.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 08:45:15

ok Frederic told us that Sweden was in for 2005, i knew it!

but Paul, was this the surprise?

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 08:54:27

No!

You'll see in a few days

Paul.

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 08:57:59

thats what i thought!

ok i doing a guess,
Mondial SAQ will release a video of Germany, cuz i do remember u said something like that, just a guess

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 10:50:53   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

I just love your surprises. When you say a few days..........how long is that?

It's been a while since I've seen Sweden in the competition! It would be nice if they came back next year. I think the last time they participated was in 1994. It would be great to see them again! I remember their performance in 1994. It was pretty good!

Keep us informed!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 27, 2004 21:26:02   Edited by: fredbastien

Enkil,

I am not sure that I have already written in this forum that Sweden will be in the 2005 competition, since I do not have this information! Maybe can you refresh my mind...!

Frédérick

Posted: Aug 28, 2004 14:01:44

Now that you mention it, Fred, I don't ever recall you saying anything about next year's competitors.

Enkil, where did you get this information?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 28, 2004 15:44:26

unfortunaltly, after a long search i couldnt find where u said that

but i found this: http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum =5&topic=93

"À ces concurrents devraient s'ajouter au moins une recrue. D'après une rumeur entendue l'été dernier, une firme suédoise ferait son entrée à Montréal en 2003."

i could have sworn, u said somewhere that Sweden will participate in 2005 because 2004 was reserved for the gold winner, u did say something like

ill search again

Posted: Aug 28, 2004 16:07:12   Edited by: Enkil

i give up

i might have thought that Sweden was going to participate in 2005 (cuz u had already mentioned that they will)

i really dont know, but again i could have sworn u said that, sorry for this

but until today, i always had in mind that Sweden was going to participate next year (and that came from u, as i said) u see i had that well in mind cuz i have alot cousin who lives there lol

Posted: Aug 29, 2004 08:18:13   Edited by: Smoke

Hehhehheh........................Enkil, who knows? Maybe Sweden will be there for all we know!

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.015