Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› St Pie Display Review
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 23, 2004 11:03:08   Edited by: fireworksforum

Pyromusical enthusiasts were rewarded for their patience on Saturday 21st August when a very large display was fired for the 175th anniversary of the town of St Pie in the Monteregie region east of Montreal. After a concert by well-known rock idol Eric Lapointe, the display was fired at around 11:20pm.

The 18 minute pyromusical designed by Yanick Roy told the story of the founding of St Pie and was set to music by Serge Péloquin, who also acted during the narration at the beginning of the display. Fired at a racetrack, many positions of one-shots, candles and mines were used to great effect during the display. Synchronization was perfect and the crowd were wowed by the large Irdieden fired during the display, as well as the many sequenced mine and comet shots as well as the beautiful roman candle tableaux. The display came to a close with a dramatic finale with many large shells, including 12", fired.

A display of this magnitude (almost as big as Royal's display in the Lac Leamey competition) has never been seen in the Monteregie region and the audience certainly seemed to enjoy it. The display itself was fired from 16 positions and was set-up by a crew of 24 of Royal's pyrotechnicians, including myself. The weather conditions were perfect, though somewhat cool and a tad more wind would have been appreciated at the beginning. A great display!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 23, 2004 11:27:58   Edited by: Smoke

Hey Paul,

Sounded like a great display. It's a shame that I couldn't come. Nobody was in the mood to go, no matter how much I tried to convince them!

To tell you the truth, I was quite surprised that the show was fired so late! Was it supposed to be at 9:30?

BTW, are you going to attend the Pygama fireworks on September 5th? Another question is do you remember the problem that happened around Labour Day last year? Will that happen again? If you still don't remember what happened last year, then you can check out this link to help refresh your memory:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum =5&topic=88

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 23, 2004 17:24:07

Hi Paul

thank's for your help at St-pie this week end. it was the
first time that we work together and realy appréciated.
it was a great show by the way hot-dogs was good

Posted: Aug 25, 2004 11:37:35

Wow, sounds like you guys had fun!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 26, 2004 06:35:59

Yes we did - it was a fabulous display. As for the hot dogs that Bob mentioned, I was asked by the President of Royal to be head chef and cook up a feast for the 24 pyros who were on the crew!

We all had a great time and it was fun to work with such an excellent and professional crew.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 26, 2004 12:53:00   Edited by: Smoke

Wow, Paul, I hope that you're a good cook! I still wish that I could've gone!

I thought I would finally get the privilege of meeting you!

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025