Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Pyrofest contest: design your show!
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 8, 2013 11:04:12

http://www.pyrofest.com/fantasyinthesky.html

Enter the pyrofest contest with your simulated show - the winner will get their show fired at the festival!

Paul.

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 10:42:43

It's a shame is US residents only. Would have loved to participate otherwise...

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 14:03:45

It's a shame is US residents only. Would have loved to participate otherwise...

Yeah ... but I was just chatting with Rocco Vitale on Fabcebook ... I think I might enter anyway. There's always a way I think

Posted: Apr 14, 2013 12:02:24   Edited by: STL

In the end, I took my chances and subscribed to the contest.

I'll see where this will lead me, here's my entry, named Planes, Trains and Automobiles :

Video

EDIT : There's no link between my theme and the John Hugues movie, it's strictly songs and sequences evoking planes, trains and automobiles !

The maximum budget is 10,000 "points" (US dollars ?), and my display would cost 9995.60$ to shoot. This is as close as it gets to the maximum without going over, as the cheapest effect is 7$ or so !

I'm also clocking slightly over the minimum of 8 minutes, at 8:07.

I think it's the best compromise I could pull off to respect the budget and have a good amount of shells in the air at any moment.

There were no ground effects in the contest inventory, but I must say I would have liked to use them for some sequences (the smoke of the train, etc.)

I managed to fit two 8" shells in there, but other than that, the caliber distribution is about the same as one would see at the Fire on Ice, with 270 x 3", 106 x 4", 41 x 5" and 25 x 6".

We'll see... (if rules are meant to be bent, that is !)

STL

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 17:01:00

Great Show Simon!

Goodluck on the competition The music is not really my taste but you seem to have done a great job with the theme and synching. I'd love to enter the competition too if i had finale fireworks and lived nearer

Vander

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 17:40:54

Nice show Simon! Alas, I haven't had time to do anything

Paul.

Posted: May 2, 2013 16:40:15   Edited by: STL

The winner is out : Jon Loreto

After watching is simulation, I must admit he bested me flat out with his display based on children movies.

"The Circle of Life" is my favorite segment, but they're all quite good.

It's a shame the comets all appear silver, but this is a limitation of Finale's video, as they had all the usual colors in the inventory.

Congrats to him !

Posted: May 31, 2013 17:11:55

Here's the video of the winning show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RBn01v98exo

And here's the Rock Loves II show from Pyrofest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tZUgq7PNsY

Enjoy!

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024