Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Four new Caballer videos
. 1 . 2 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 15, 2004 17:58:03

Thanks to Lars, I'm happy to annouce four new videos of the Caballer show, including the finale. I will be making a special "videos" page sometime soon, but in the meantime, here are the links for your downloading enjoyment:

http://mixed-messages.net/Downloads/caballer/caballer_1_sinatra.mpg
http://mixed-messages.net/Downloads/caballer/caballer_2_tango.mpg
http://mixed-messages.net/Downloads/caballer/Caballer_3_fauxfinale.mpg
http://mixed-messages.net/Downloads/caballer/caballer_4_finale.mpg

Once again, many thanks to Lars for making these available.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Sep 15, 2004 18:18:02

here we go..

i feared something like this would happen at the last minute, but anyway its great to have more clips from my favourite show

Smoke, i will reattach my videos again, what do u want to do now? do u want to redownload it or if u want ill sent u a step by step to cut the video and insert these ones...

Lars, thx for the videos, of course everyones effort this year is appreciated

Posted: Sep 15, 2004 18:30:00

wow, just watched the videos

didnt know it was recorded from La Ronde, with great quality
thats what i wanted

thx ALOT Lars

Posted: Sep 16, 2004 08:46:06

You're welcome - my pleasure

Kind regards,
Lars

Posted: Sep 16, 2004 12:12:56

Enkil,

To answer your question, yes, I would want redownload the movie, but after you've made the modifications. I would prefer all of the clips Lars posted integrated to the movie, especially the finale, since taking into consideration the viewing perspective from La Ronde. I would also love to see the best finale (Caballer) from La Ronde's side. So, we can do it this weekend, if you prefer, otherwise, we'll do it whenever.

Paul, you're right about creating a video section! That would be fantastic, especially considering the amount of clips we've been receiving this year on the forum. It's overwhelming compared to last year!

And, of course, Lars, I also thank you and give my gratitude for making these clips available, especially from the most intense display! Thx a lot!!!!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 16, 2004 13:28:13

np Smoke, we'll do it this Saturday, like last time i will sent u an email to u Saturday morning when the server is up

Paul, if ure considering making a video section, why not just download my version? but i will remove the clips from mondialsaq.com, since ure not alowed to host them,
both of u can download this Saturday, if u want

Posted: Sep 16, 2004 17:17:45

Very well.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 19:49:30

Smoke,

tomorrow morning check ure email at 11:00 - 11:30 am

the file's size is now at 478mb and its now a full 1 hour

i did a little modification, i removed the mondialsaq.com's banner at the end of Panzera, but i put it back at the very ending of the video
u will see when u watch it
i think its much nicer this way

Posted: Sep 18, 2004 09:06:05

Smoke,

just to let u know, u can check ure email, ive sent an email at 11:20pm
the server is open

Posted: Sep 18, 2004 16:39:47

Enkil,

Try it again. I don't think I got your e-mail.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 18, 2004 18:00:56

sorry Smoke,

i cant upload right now, we were suppose to do this this morning
however, we can do it tomorrow morning, at the same time

i will sent u an email at 11:30am

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 08:36:33

Smoke,

check ure email... did u get it?

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 15:31:45

Yes, I got it. thx.

I'll let you know when I'm ready.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 15:43:39

Smoke, i sent u an email at 11:30, so that u download the file in the morning (at 11:30)

but if u want to set a time, just tell me when and ill open the server, becuz it was open yesturday morning, afternoon and today

u dont need to wait, u can download it while its open...

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 15:54:23

I'm ready any time!

I can start now if you'd like.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 16:01:20

if u were ready at any time, why didnt u download yesturday morning? i posted here to check ure email, at 11:30, but u replied at 9pm, same thing for today

im just saying u could have download earlier, u can download now

u dont seem the same person, i have a feeling someone is pretending to be u

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 16:34:12

Enkil,

Don't work yourself up so much! I'm still the same person and quite frankly, I've been very busy. Don't worry, nobody's pretending to be me. Nobody can.

To tell you truth, I've been really working a lot on my reseach essays, which are all due this week! I've got 4 big essays, thankfully not due all this week! It's very hard.

But then again, I could've downloaded while I was working, right? However, they're so many things on my mind, that I completely forgot all about this. I'm sorry about that. It just slipped my mind.

Anyways, I'm ready now, so I'll begin the file download. Is the server now open?

Trav.

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 16:44:32

ok got it

but yes u could just download while u do something else, besides u need a break time to time

ok lets now go back to homework, i still have economie and french to study, always at the last minute!

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 16:53:10   Edited by: Smoke

Actually, never mind. I'm downloading right now. It's 12% done.

I'm happy that it's now an hour! That's great!

Did you send Paul an e-mail, as well?

BTW, I'm a last minute type person, too, but since I've got a lot to do, I just broke it up into little bits to make it easier.

Trav.

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 17:05:35

no i didnt sent an email to Paul, maybe next weekend, hrmm but im sure he can email me if he needs it, maybe he wants to post the videos differently, if he still considers to make a section for it

i think its a great idea, despite the huge amount of bandwidth it needs

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 18:25:29   Edited by: Smoke

Yes, and also considering how much additional clips the forum has received this year from many of the users. It's great.

A video section would be most appropriate at this time. It's a great idea.

Anyways, how have yo been lately? It's been a while since we've made a big discussion! I still miss this year so much. It's already getting cold out there. We're hitting the single digits overnight now, and plus, there's only 2 days left of summer!

BTW, I'm at 76% complete. I can hardly wait to watch it!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 18:41:50

Smoke,

the new clips from Lars r great, the final is really amazing, if u look at it closly, ull notice that at the end of the final, a good part of the screen is white, so much that it was intense, then the very end, the traditional Caballer ending, those "mines", u cant see them in the video becuz they r very bright
i still remember those, becuz i have seen them in many Caballer displays (from the freakpyro.. videos)

still cant believe it, what a great final it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sep 19, 2004 19:34:00   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

Download complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything worked fine. I replaced the file with the new one. I will watch it in the morning tomorrow, since I have no school.

You're right. The Caballer final that Lars sent is great. It was very white during most parts of it, especially when you're watching it at dark. I just watched that section about three times and it's fantastic!

Enkil, aren't we lucky to have experienced such a finale that day before our very eyes? It's memory still lingers in my mind and I'm sure it does in yours, too! i will never forget it! The way it was done was spectacular and intense, long, bright coulorful and who knows what else!

The more I think about it, the more I want IPON's finale! That would be great to add to your video, too! I'm still hoping that someone has it!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 12:47:20

Hi everybody. I'm from the DC area and after years of dreaming about it, finally made a trip to Montreal this summer starting with Caballer. WOW!!
Lars, great video! It looks like you were just about where I was - a few rows from the top and a few seats from the aisle in the gold section. Have I got that right? Many thanks. Wish I could share something, but I didn't even remember to bring a still camera.
Hey Paul. Whatever happened to the surprise? It's been almost three weeks.

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 13:36:16

multifan,

The surprise already came! You missed the day when only the members were allowed to see it.

I can't wait to discuss it. I can't really tell you what it is yet, but I can always e-mail you.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 14:57:36

Smoke, wasnt that just a little surprise? wasnt there a bigger surprise?

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 15:57:52   Edited by: Smoke

Wait a sec, I think you're right. Wasn't that "surprise" just a taste of what's yet to come? I thought that was the real thing!

Well, if there's a bigger surprise, then that's something to look foward to!

BTW, did you just see that thunderstorm??? It was pretty good! The thunder was vibrating and I saw a fork-like lightning bolt just to the west of my house! I watched from my usual spot.

Although I wish the lightning was more frequent like that big one we had in August!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 16:25:42

I'll have more news about the surprise tomorrow (honestly!). There is still another surprise coming, I just haven't had time to do it since it requires quite a bit of work. It will be worth the wait though I think!

Paul.

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 17:02:04

Paul,

you'd better promise!

Trav.

Posted: Sep 20, 2004 18:08:22

Paul,

Will we get the chance to discuss the previous surprise?

Trav.
. 1 . 2 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.013