Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Schedule is released
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 18:18:30

It was supposed to be released at 9am tomorrow, but it's already on La Ronde's website:

http://internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com/en/programmation/calendrier .aspx

So we have it here too:

http://montreal-fireworks.com/schedule.html

Paul

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 18:41:11

I will post links to the actual press releases here tomorrow morning at 9am, as per the embargo

Paul.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 20:16:51   Edited by: fredbastien

Wow! It's about time!

That is a great line-up, beginning with Weco, the winner of the one and only Platinum Jupiter (2004), following Bronze (1996), Silver (1997) and Gold (2000) awards. In the 1990s, Weco fueled anticipation among the enthusiasts with very creative displays, including the dance school show in 2000. The 2004 display was outstanding with a live orchestra, various structures, and the giant cathedral outline. At each appearance, that company has pushed away the limits. Weco designer has been seen at La Ronde a couple of times last summer and I anticipate another creative show : the Solotech sponsorship is especially intriguing, I hope it has something to do with the display itself!

Then, the season should be very competitive with 4 displays produced by Gold Jupiter winners: Pirotechnia Morsani (2011), Vicente Caballer (1986, 1993) Royal & Fireworks Spectaculars Canada (2003, 2009 and 2010), and Melrose (2006). In contrast with the golden 20th edition, this 30th season features two non-Gold Jupiter winners who did great shows in Montreal : Brezac Artifices (Silver Jupiter 2006, Bronze Jupiter 2010) and Foti International (Silver Jupiter 2001, Bronze Jupiter 2006).

We are also back to a more conventional schedule. The biggest disappointment may be the number of displays, only eight. In addition to possible cutbacks related to the Telus sponsorship withdrawal, I hypothesize that it may also be a consequence of the decreasing value of the Canadian dollar. TVA is back among the sponsors, according to the official website page.

Fred

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 21:53:34

Well, what a surprise I had when I saw the 2014 schedule unexpectedly appear when I visited this site this evening!

Yes, that is an interesting and exciting schedule, and I am very thrilled to see the return of some personal favorites! I am surprised, though, by the fact that there are fewer displays and not an all 1st-place winners scenario, as compared to the 2004 edition.

I also see that there will be an opening, much like in 2004, and Germany (Weco) will have the honor of presenting it. That said, I would have personally preferred to see Germany as a participant (thereby increasing the number of competitors to seven)!

Trav.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 23:51:44

Oh yes, and it is a real pleasure to see another team duo, but this time, it is for Canada, and look at which two are paired together!

Trav.

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 00:53:55

That's an interesting schedule! Definitely looking forward to the shows by Weco and Pirotecnia Caballer. Also nice to see melrose back

Best Regards,
Vander

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 03:53:02

Interview with Georg Alef (of Weco) on German TV https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&hl=de&v=MwQ_FBaMCrA

Paul.

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 07:29:13   Edited by: fredbastien

Interestingly, Mylène notes on her blog that contestants represent the most awarded countries in the competition history : United States (17), Spain (14), France (9), Canada (7), Australia (7), Italy (7) + Germany (8).

Fred

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 10:46:36

Will the platinum Jupiter make another appearance this year, or will it simply be the usual gold, silver and bronze? I'm guessing the latter, as we do not have a gold-only Jupiter winners scenario.

Trav.

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 18:09:06

Thanks Fred, i forgot to count last year for Italy and Spain !!!

Excellent season guys !!!

Mylene

Posted: Apr 28, 2014 13:19:34

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Je suis très excité par le choix des firmes qui se disputeront la victoire pour cette 30 ième édition.

J'ai pu voir toutes ces firmes à l'action à la Ronde et ils font vraiment partie des meilleurs.

Que j'aimerais donc être juge de cette compétition!!!! mais tout comme Fred mes deux présences à ce niveau font que je ne pourrai pas être éligible à à moins que les juges soeint choisis par ceux et celles qui l'ont été ces 30 dernières années. Voilà un rêve éphémère.
Je porte toujours dans mon coeur et fièrement ces 2 présences à ce prestigieux concours.
Comme vous tous je suis devenu un passionné quasiment autant que Paul. (lol)

Il y aura de beaux rayons de soleil dans la vie des Fans et de la population cette été à la Ronde.

Salut à tous (tes)

Roger

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 15:22:09   Edited by: Smoke

All that we need now is for ideal weather to be present for all of our competitors, including for their setup periods! Hopefully, weather conditions will generally be identical to what they were during the 20th edition, although, to be brief, I am projecting a late-Spring to Summer period that is similar (but somewhat cooler) to last year's (2013).

Trav.

Posted: May 1, 2014 12:32:21

Voilà une occasion que Roger et d'autres anciens membres du jury ne voudront pas manquer:

http://internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com/fr/programmation/jury.aspx

Les feux 2014 seront évalués par un jury composés d'anciens membres du jury, comme ce fut le cas en 2004.

Fred

Posted: May 2, 2014 19:44:30

Please note the Canadian firms have changed their theme from Reveries to Legends of fire. La Ronde did not have a problem in presenting an opening show with basically the same theme as the Canadian show, but the Canadians did not feel so good about it. Especially as they're the third firm after WECO. It is weird that La Ronde let it go that way, knowing they usually refuse two similar proposal. Maybe because it was off competition ?

Mylene

Posted: May 2, 2014 19:47:22

And while Im at it... HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORUM ADMIN !!!
hope you had an excellent day !

Posted: May 2, 2014 20:15:36

Salut Frédéric

MERCI pour ton information...Wow!!!! c'est inespéré..un rêve qui peut devenir réalité pour moi et d'autres anciens juges.

Je viens tout juste de compléter mon inscription. Bien sûr je ne me crée pas trop d'attentes car je sais bien que seulement 19 seront choisis pour juger cette compétition qui promet.
Tout comme toi j'ai toujours abordé ce rôle avec beaucoup de sérieux et de respect pour ces firmes qui se préparent depuis des mois pour la compétition du 30 ième.

Mais j'espère bien être choisi. J'en serais même honoré.

Roger

Posted: May 2, 2014 22:33:02

Wouldn't it be so neat if Fred, Roger and Dan all become jury members for the 30th edition of Montreal fireworks?

Trav.

Posted: May 18, 2014 11:27:40

Still wondering why WECO's show is off competition? That means there's only 6 shows "in" competition. Will they still be offering three Jupiter's or is this a winner take all tournament this year?

Posted: May 18, 2014 16:55:08   Edited by: Smoke

I share the same questions and thoughts, as well, paramount (as per post #4 and #9). My guess is that there will be a scenario similar to 2004, including the Platinum Jupiter, along with honorable mentions. Then again, it could be the usual Gold, Silver and Bronze Jupiter awards, and under that scenario, half of this season's competitors would receive awards.

Trav.

Posted: May 19, 2014 16:15:29

In the same way than the 2004 edition, the 2014 jury will be made of people who have already been judges. However, according to the call, three Jupiter prizes will be awarded:

http://internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com/fr/programmation/formjury.a spx

Fred

Posted: May 22, 2014 16:20:43

So Fred, did you apply to be on the Jury?

We'd miss you here, of course, but it would be an amazing honour if you were to serve for this special year!

Paul.

Posted: May 22, 2014 22:04:10

I didn't. ;-)

Fred

Page loading time (sec.): 0.027