Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Cannes Pyrotechnic Festival 2017
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 18, 2017 10:25:07

Hello!

Dragon fireworks joined the 2017 Cannes pyrotechnic arts festival and here's the show i designed for the competition!

https://vimeo.com/229789524

Enjoy!
Vander

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 10:20:00

Hi Vander -- Thank you for sharing this link to the video of your company display into the 2017 Cannes competition! I just looked at the full 25-minute video.

I am not familiar with the setting of Cannes. It is obvious that the firing area is wider than in Montreal, but the depth doesn't seem to play a role because the location of the barges, am I right? I really liked the introduction to Céline Dion's It's all coming back to me now with the note-synchronized sequences of flashes along the barges, as well as the opening of the musical segment starting at 13:00 in the video. These parts were a little more complex (less candle-oriented) and my favorites of the show, along with the finale, which appeared to start with powerful whistlers.

Was there a specific theme to the show? I didn't find this information and I am not sure whether a theme is advertized by the Cannes festival. The main point I would improve is to tighten the soundtrack. To include a full song or composition, here or there, is not necessarily a bad thing, but to edit them with shorter segments may be more effective to entertain the audience with more diverse pieces and firing patterns.

I guess that Cannes will disclose the winner(s) on Thursday, Aug. 24, and I wish you the best luck! I had the opportunity to meet Dragon Fireworks people you work for when they visited the Montreal competition last year. It would be very cool to attend a show designed by a long-time forum poster!

Fred

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 14:34:12   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

Thanks for the comments Fred!

You can read more about the theme of our show at this link:
http://www.festival-pyrotechnique-cannes.com/fr/prix-du-public/dragon- fireworks

The firing area is 3 barges and 10 small 2x4m pontoons which limited us with the amount of material/single shots that we can use. Therefore we did a bit more of a candle oriented show but ofcourse with some of our signature single shot moments

Best Regards,
Vander

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 13:52:16

Anyone know who won this years Cannes?

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 20:11:51

Theres 2 top prizes in Cannes, the Silver vestale and special jury prize. Both gets to return for the gold vestale edition (champions edition) every 3 years.

This year our team got the jury prize and alpha pyrotechnie from france got the silver vestale and the public voting prize.

Vander

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 09:47:23

Congratulations Vander - a well deserved prize!

Hopefully this will open the door to you and your company competing in Montreal very soon!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 22:33:37

Congratulations!

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 09:00:38

thanks! Hopefully montreal's a step closer

Vander

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 10:58:34

My congratulations, too! That was a very, very nice display, Vander!

I am really hoping to see your participation in our competition in the near future!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 16:09:29

Hopefully we can bring a similar or even more intense finale in montreal

Vander

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021