Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 2018 Competition schedule
<< . 1 . 2 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 14:18:06

ll these years, I've never seen good quality recordings of the shows that I think it deserves.

As I said here months ago I really think this competition needs a better online coverage, specially in terms of videos. In consideration of the high level in terms of design and budget it deserve a better coverage. Its a pitty that great displays as you have in Montreal cant be shown and cant be enjoyed for all fireworks fans around the world. Its not fair that minor competitions (most of them in Europe) can be enjoyed in SUPER quality videos while the Montreal one is hard to find a decent complete video online. We are lucky we are part of the “Members only video” section here, its the only way to enjoy the shows. As I keep saying thanks to Paul and Burchrom for the videos.

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 21:25:55   Edited by: fredbastien

@jbbank: La Ronde already hires one or two people who take pictures and videos for its own purposes. As Rovira wrote, fireworks fans may enjoy the videos available on this website, in the members' section, which are pretty good in my opinion!

Fred

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 23:50:15

I understand that they hire people to take pictures and videos and I enjoy them as well but with all due respect to the videographers and as Rovira has also noted, the quality is nowhere near as good as what other "even minor" competitions are captured in.

The "official" videos are published in 640x480 which is not even HD. Much of the higher altitude effects are also cut off. I am in the fortunate position to be able to record them in 3840x2160. All I am looking to do is to be able to share this beautiful art with others who are as passionate as I am about these fireworks shows but unable to be there in person as I have for so many years.

I'm not looking to be hired and I'm also not a professional videographer by trade. I'm just a tech junkie and a fireworks enthusiast that has the ability and knowledge to take better quality videos and wanting to share it with the rest of the world. I'm just asking to see if I might be able to get in contact with the right people to make this possible.

Posted: Jun 16, 2018 07:29:32   Edited by: Rovira

I have only good things to say about this website and its “memeber only videos” section. But I get what @Jbbank is saying. I would really appreciate HD videos. To me fireworks are an art, the better quality videos we have the better way to save this art for posterity.

Im super happy @jbbank is trying to record them.
<< . 1 . 2 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.013