Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 36th Edition for 2020 is cancelled
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 14:42:43

The 36th edition of L’International des Feux Loto-Québec has been cancelled

MONTREAL, QC. — April 9, 2020 — La Ronde announces the cancellation of its 36th edition of L’International des Feux Loto-Quebec (IFLQ) in collaboration with Tim Hortons, scheduled for June 20 to July 29, 2020. The safety and health of our guests, team members and community is our foremost priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the new measures and restrictions announced by our provincial government and Ville de Montréal, the event has been rescheduled for summer 2021.
“It is with a heavy heart that we made the decision to cancel this edition of our beloved festival,” said La Ronde Park President, Janine Durette. “We wanted to continue this long-standing tradition of lighting up the skies over Montreal with dazzling fireworks, but these unprecedented circumstances have left us with no alternative options.”

“I want to take this opportunity to thank our employees and the participating pyrotechnic firms who have worked tirelessly to present the world’s leading fireworks competition. We look forward to delight guests of all ages in 2021,” said Martyne Gagnon, Director of L’International des Feux Loto-Québec.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 19:19:09

Sad news. Not unexpected but makes me sad.
Stay safe all.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 22:58:07

I imagine that organizers of the competition, as those who hold similar events and festivals, have thought about many alternatives. However, the latest developments left almost no option to hold the event this year.

We now have to find other activities for summer 2020! Or, as TV sports channels which now broadcast past games, we may celebrate previous extravaganzas!

Fred

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 19:29:27

This will be a very boring summer in Montreal. I wonder if La Ronde will even maintain their season. If all summer festivals are cancelled until August 31, it'll be hard for La Ronde to even open once.

That said, the decision to cancel the festival is the right one. Stay healthy and enjoy the Easter weekend!

Posted: May 27, 2020 10:44:12   Edited by: Jasko

If this summer will be boring like this I will go abroad at visit some friends in Europe. One is inviting me to his property in lake Como for years now. Maybe it's a destiny telling me to relax out of Canada for a change. Let's see...

Posted: Jun 19, 2020 21:33:46

I feel somewhat depressed tonight. Normally, Paul would have visited the firing ramps yesterday or today, and I would have read his interview report today, anticipating for tomorrow grand opening.

Sad time.

Fred

Posted: Jun 20, 2020 12:25:39

Hi Fred,

I know what you mean - today (the first official day of Summer 2020) was supposed to be the opening! By now, I would have also prepared a preliminary and finalized weather report for today!

I would still be curious to see what the weather conditions would be like for each fireworks day/night originally scheduled for this year, but yes, after all of these years, it would definitely not be the same without any fireworks!

Trav.

Posted: Jun 20, 2020 15:59:56

Hi Trav,

This is a good idea. I suggest you to start a “Weather Cooperation (or Not) Watch” thread for 2020. It would be without weather forecast, however a good place to track what the weather conditions are going to be on scheduled nights.

Fred

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019