Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› 2024 Competition Schedule
Last poster Message

Posted: Jan 27, 2024 17:19:56   Edited by: fredbastien

We still wait for an official release of the 2024 competition schedule by La Ronde. At this time, neither the dates, nor the competitors, have been disclosed by the organizers.

That being said, the “Quebec Gateaways” («Québec Vacances») website, a portal managed by Événements Attractions Québec (a network which includes La Ronde among its members), indicates that L'International des Feux Loto-Québec 2024 would run from Thursday, June 27 to Thursday, August 1st.
https://www.quebecgetaways.com/linternational-des-feux-loto-quebec

Normally, I would not trust too much a website which basically replicates the dates of the previous season (even from a such organization). However, I do note that an exact replication of the 2023 calendar would lead to a June 27-August 8 timeframe, that is, seven Thursdays and one Sunday.

There are only 6 Thursdays in the timeframe above. So it appears possible that La Ronde is about to replicate the 2023 calendar, with the minor adjustment of a 2nd Sunday show instead of one.

With no Saturday shows, countless people have criticized the 2023 schedule on social media, including on La Ronde and the IFLQ Facebook pages, for not being convenient and family friendly. The attendance has also appeared to be very low for most of the shows (the weather was also an issue for many of them).

Of course, this scenario should be considered with caution as La Ronde has not disclosed any information at this time, and I don't have any second source than the aforementioned website.

Fred

Posted: Mar 27, 2024 21:49:27

2024 schedule from Laronde.com:

4 Thursdays, 2 Sundays and 2 Saturdays

June 27
July 4, 7, 11, 14, 20, 27
Aug 1

Posted: Mar 28, 2024 07:57:59

Indeed, La Ronde has posted the park hours for the 2024 season on its website, and the aforementioned dates are those with the 11:30pm closing time.

I had a preference for the Saturdays/Wednesdays combinaison, but I am glad to know that some Saturdays are back.

Fred

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021