Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Fire on Ice, December 10th - Ampleman
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 7, 2005 14:37:21

Unfortunately, I will not be able to go to the next firework, since I have to spent the next days at Quebec City for an academic conference.

I hope that some of you will post a report in this forum. I would be happy to read it Monday morning!

Enjoy the show!
Fred

Posted: Dec 9, 2005 10:59:55

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to attend this show, as well. This predominantly because of my last set of exams. But I'm also hoping for a nice report from those who will be there!

Enjoy the show.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 11, 2005 12:10:56

Hi guys,

Well, yesterday, I was at the Old Port and watched (and enjoyed) the display for all those who couldn't be there! As I said in another message, the weather was nicer than last Saturday, the wind being present but calmer, the temperature being milder.......very humid though! It was a nice show, well synchronized with the music.....but sadly, none of the songs were Christmas related ....or did I miss something? Anyway, the display was very enjoyable, specially towards the end, when this segment filled the sky with golden sparkling palm trees and comets, which brought people to applaud!

Personally, I found the finale more intense this week, than last week's display.....so I did enjoy it a bit more this time. Oh......and they ended the finale with a few salutes here and there, which always brings a pure sense of total satisfaction to me!

I really enjoy those winter fireworks and I hope they'll be back again next year!

Have a great week, everyone!

Pierre

Posted: Dec 12, 2005 05:39:26

I was thinking about the Ampleman's show when the train reached Montreal Saturday night, only one hour after the display. I'm sure that Éric and his team performed well.

Thanks, Pierre, for your comments. Would you say that the range of pieces used in this show was wider than in Royal's one?

I will be there next Saturday for BEM's display.

Fred

Posted: Dec 12, 2005 12:30:39

Hi Fred,

To answer your question, I'd say the range of pieces used was not wider, to my knowledge, just different!

Funnily, after the display, before heading back to my car, parked close to Place Bonaventure, I went window shopping at Place Ville-Marie and then roamed around Central Station. I noticed on the schedule, that there were no train departures and only two arrivals....one from Quebec City at 20:43 and one later in the evening, coming from Toronto. When I decided to go back home, I went back to Place Bonaventure and walked back to my car......as I was crossing the street, I heard and saw the train entering central station from underneath the bridge under Place Bonaventure. I looked at my watch and said: "Oh, this is the train coming in from Quebec City"......not knowing you were in it! If you were looking out the window, you probably saw me! Small world!

Welcome back to Montreal!

Pierre

Posted: Dec 13, 2005 20:42:14

Hey Pierre,

Well, well, I'm happy to hear that you went to Place Bonaventure and saw, or heard, the trains there underground! I'm also pleased that you went to Place Ville-Marie! I'm telling you this because I go walk in those places to go home from school. So I'm happy that you went there to check it out!

I usually take the train to the West Island. It's the train that goes from the Gare Centrale to Deux-Montagnes. Did you see that railway? Also, did you see that HUGE Christmas tree? I hope you did, as well as all the decorations. And yes, who knows, you probably, indeed, bumped into Fred, as well. It looks like you were also on Rene-Levesque! Around that area is pretty much the heart of downtown!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:42:55

Hey Trav,

Yes, I did see the train arriving from Quebec City, but that was when I was outside, walking back to my car. I love Central Station for many reasons.....I love trains, the smell of them, the noise they make and riding them too! The Christmas decorations in Central Station are amazing....the big Christmas tree just above the stairways to go to the Suburban train, the huge reef over "Bureau en gros", and the sparkling lights (like a firework display ;-) ) hanging down the ceiling. I do take the "Deux-Montagnes" train at times, mostly during the weekend.......my station is "Du Ruisseau", so I am familiar with it! I love it and ride it as much as possible. I even took it on a few occasions, to go watch the fireworks, during the Summer 2004 season......but with the train schedule, I had to rush to the bridge, not to miss the first few minutes!

Maybe we did saw each other on the train once, but did not know who we were? LOL

Take care, my friend.

Pierre

Posted: Dec 14, 2005 13:06:03

Is theire Any Fire worcKs on the 17 of december !?

Posted: Dec 14, 2005 13:36:31

Sean,

Yes, there is a firework display on Saturday December 17th at 19:30 (7:30pm) at the Old Port of Montreal, right in front of the Bonsecours Market, close to the St.Lawrence River.

Pierre

Posted: Dec 15, 2005 17:05:07

Hey Pierre,

Well, now I'm even more pleased to learn that you sometimes take the same train as me! I get off at Roxboro-Pierrefonds. It's about 3 stops after yours coming back from downtown.

Really, one thing about the train is that it beats traffic, except I don't have my pass this month.

Anyways, Pierre, yes, it's possible that we saw each other in the train but did not know who we were!

Btw, do you take this train often to go to the fireworks, or do you usually go by car?

Take care, Pierre.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 17, 2005 11:38:11

Hey Trav,

I do love the train too. I ride it as often as I can, mostly on weekends. I have not taken the train to go see the fireworks this year (I have quite a few times during Summer of 2004 though), but I might take it this evening, though.

This Summer, I have taken my car each and every time, to go see the fireworks. I might change that again next Summer and take the train again! ;-)

Pierre

Posted: Dec 17, 2005 12:10:51

Hi Pierre,

Yes, that's a good idea. However, the train is also a convenient form of transportation, but the downside is the hectic schedule, like waking up early to catch it!

But yes, it is fun and reliable unlike some other things... Yet another thing we have in common.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.020