Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Montréal en lumière 2006
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 6, 2006 04:50:25

Montréal en lumières will begin next week, with a new place for the outdoor activities: Place Jacques-Cartier and the Old Port, rather than the square between Complexe Desjardins and Place des Arts.

http://www.montrealenlumiere.ca/english/light/volet-lumiere.lasso?mm=1

Several firework displays are scheduled, starting with the opening night on Thursday, February 16th. I don't know which firm(s) will produce the shows, neither the duration of each show.

I don't know if it is worthvalue to go, since I was VERY DISAPPOINTED last year by the pyrotechnic shows. However, those displayed in the Old Port are usually very interesting.

Fred

Posted: Feb 10, 2006 06:57:13

C'est Fiatlux qui fait les feux. Le feu d'ouverture va être niiiceeee !

Il y a des shows le 16, le 17 et d'autres la dernière fin de semaine.

il va aussi y avoir une MASCLETAS ! mais je ne me souviens plus de la date. Je vous dis ca plus tard aujourd'hui.

Posted: Feb 18, 2006 15:53:47

UNE MASCLETA !! j'ai hâte de savoir la date
et tu sait ou sa vas se passer ?

merci d.avance

jérome

p.s:je suis de retour !!!

Posted: Feb 19, 2006 10:55:31

Guys,

What exactly is a "mascleta"? I think I asked it before, but I'm still not clear. If there are photos of them, you can always upload the links. It's always, personally, easier to understand what different pyrotechnic terms look like via pictures.

Jerome,

Welcome back, my friend! I did, indeed, receive your email earlier. Thank you very much! It also appears that I have returned, as well. Really, January and February are always in the pits, though January was the best of 3 cold months, weather wise. February, as I predicted, would be cold, although we had a nice start with the first 5 days.

In the long run, we should rebound in temperatures as soon as this Arctic dome moves away.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Feb 20, 2006 15:32:45

thank trav.yes that's righ the cold dome move away and the firework show begin in less 4 or 5 month ! is very fast.ah yes about pyrotechnic term...is good to start a thread about pyro encyclopedia.

jerome

Posted: Feb 20, 2006 17:30:38

Posted: Feb 21, 2006 06:25:57

hey trav i will go this thursday to see the mascleta live.

Posted: Feb 21, 2006 06:30:12

and i hope to see you at the mascleta for 19h30.
i going the very near to the firing site.

contact me with msn

jérome

Posted: Feb 21, 2006 09:31:27   Edited by: Smoke

Hey Jerome,

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to make it on Thursday, but I want to thank you for the kind offer.

Really, it seems that in the past 2-3 monthsm there has been various fireworks displays going on. I sincerely hope that this will carry on in future, especially considering that it will make the long wait feel inevitably shorter and it will also warm our hearts just thinking about ongoing displays, not to mention making this forum much more lively in the Winter pit months.

Anyways, good news for all of us because there's not even a month left of Winter.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Feb 22, 2006 12:53:04

ah ok but you miss a mascleta show
i live in longueuil and the weather never stop me to see a firework show.but i hope to see one of the person in this forum at the firework tommorow.

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 10:21:11

hey hey i'm so happy is tonight the firework display !!! is a nice weater outside is not colder.its nice

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 12:59:54   Edited by: Smoke

Yes, excellent weather for the show. And yes, as you said, we're finally having a day just above 0 Celsius. Tonight should be ideal, as well, since the temperature will drop only to about -1 C. Winds will also be calm, which is also ideal. But still, being by a body of water makes things feel additionaly cooler, but, in this case, to substantially.

As I told many people already, enjoy this weather because it won't last long by the time tomorrow into the weekend approaches. Plus, I believe we're getting some snow tonight, about 5-10 cm overnight.

Enjoy the show and tell me all about it, Jerome!

Trav.

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 15:07:57

I won't be able to make it tonight either is I'm writing this from a hotel room in sunny San Jose, California where it's around 21C outside! Everyone who goes tonight, make sure you get as close as you can and don't even think about putting your fingers in your ears (even though, if things are done properly) you'll feel that you need to!

Enjoy the spectacle and let the rest of us know what it was like.

Paul.

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 16:19:55   Edited by: Smoke

Enjoy those mascletas, Jerome! Give us a little review when you have the time.

I wish we could have 21 C here.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022