Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Question: Torino 2006
Last poster Message

Posted: Feb 6, 2006 04:55:48

Does someone know which companies are in charge of the fireworks to be displayed during the forthcoming Olympic Games in Torino? I think that this city is home to Panzera headquarter. I expect that one or many of the firms involved in Torino 2006 have already been contestants in Montreal (Panzera, Ipon, Pirotecnica Soldi, Parente...).

Fred

Posted: Feb 7, 2006 00:05:21

Groupe F does the fieworks on the opening.
Panzera will shoot a 3 minutes firework every day on the medal ceremonies.

Posted: Feb 13, 2006 04:49:20

C'est avec beaucoup d'intérêt que j'ai regardé la cérémonie d'ouverture des jeux Olympiques de Turin vendredi dernier. Il me semble que nous avons rarement vu une cérémonie olympique avec autant d'éléments pyrotechniques. En plus du traditionnel feu d'artifice présenté à la fin du spectacle, la pyrotechnie jouait un rôle dans plusieurs numéros. Que dire de l'allumage de la flamme olympique? Certains s'insurgeront peut-être que la flamme ayant voyagé jusqu'à Turin n'ait pas directement servi à allumer la vasque, mais l'embrasement du stade avec toutes ces flammes et fontaines était spectaculaire!

Comme l'indiquait 4in, des recherches menées il y a quelques jours sur le site web des jeux de Turin m'avaient permis d'apprendre que c'est un artisan de Groupe F qui avait la charge du volet pyrotechnique de la cérémonie d'ouverture (et de clôture). Certains moments de la cérémonie d'ouverture, notamment les patineurs dotés de lances-flammes sur le dos, me rappelaient le spectacle produit à Montréal par Groupe F l'été dernier, notamment avec ces artificiers voguant sur le lac, debouts sur des catamarans...

Fred

Posted: Feb 13, 2006 05:47:29

The Italian firm Parente Fireworks was also involved in the Opening Ceremony:

http://www.feuerwerk-forum.de/showthread.php?t=11007&guestlanguageid=3

Fred

Posted: Feb 15, 2006 07:48:11

For those who didn't see the opening display, here's a link to a video put together by a team of Dutch pyro-enthusiasts (the sound track is in Dutch too):

http://www.pyroreports.com/movie2006/movie/torino_openingsceremony_hig hlights_2006.wmv

Enjoy!

Paul.

Posted: Feb 17, 2006 16:10:14

Fred,

The pictures posted by stardust are very neat. But what's that device in picture #4?

Paul,

That was a very nice opening and I loved the fire skaters at the beginning. The ending part was also very impressive from the aerial perspective, though a little closer focus would have been even better, but it was still nicely implemented.

Trav.

Posted: Mar 3, 2006 20:32:53

For those who didn't see the opening display, here's a link to a video put together by a team of Dutch pyro-enthusiasts (the sound track is in Dutch too):

http://www.pyroreports.com/movie2006/movie/torino_openingsceremony_hig hlights_2006.wmv

Enjoy!

thanks for the link

do you have anything yet but for the closing ceremony ?

see ya

Posted: Mar 6, 2006 06:43:40

Posted: Mar 9, 2006 09:25:37   Edited by: Stardust

Hello friends,

Torino 2006 was a very nice experience for me.
To see the Olympic Games "backstage"...

I hope you all will enjoy this photo of the Opening Ceremony.

I am looking forward to meet some of you in Montreal or at the international Symposium on Fireworks in Berlin/Germany. (My hometown)

Greetings

*Stardust*

P.S.: Maybe you would like to test the brand new french version of my website Fireworksphotos.com/index.php?p=&lang=fr
Thanks a lot.

Posted: Mar 9, 2006 14:14:36

Hi Stardust,

Thank you for the picture and your website link. It looks truly wonderful and reminds me of Really, it's amazing how symmetrical that is in respect to being constrained to a circle like structure.

And thanks for the clip, Paul.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Mar 12, 2006 13:00:39   Edited by: Stardust

Hello friends,

after the Opening Ceremony there has to be a Closing Ceremony...

Watch the evidence :

Thank you for any comments.

Regards,

*Stardust*

P.S.: You could also listen to the "music of the games" online.
mms://a1300.v182462.c18246.e.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1300/18246/0/t orino2006.download.akamai.com/18246/video/Olympia.wma

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 06:16:30

Stardust,

thanks for posting your fabulous photos from Torino! Sadly, I won't be coming to the Symposium this time Hope to see you in Montreal this summer.

Best regards,

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023