Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Switzerland: What do you expect?
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 04:44:52

Only FOUR DAYS before the beginning of the 22th Montreal International Firework Contest. La Ronde and Bugano's pyrotechnicians should enjoy wonderful weather conditions to prepare this first show. This morning, work begins on La Ronde's ramps!

What are your expectations for Bugano's third show in Montreal? This small firm has performed very well in 1999 and 2000. Unfortunately, using a forbidden piece in 1999 prevent Bugano to be on the podium in 1999 and a severe shower featured the show one year after. However, reading some notes remind me that Bugano used wide range of pieces, with many multieffect and multicolor ones. Synchronization was good, better in 2000 than in 1999 according to my notes. Music was from movie in 1999 and classic in 2000. This year, I believe that Bugano may demonstrate improvement on two things: a theme should help to link all parts together and music should be less traditionnal, more original.

I am sure that we will enjoy this first entrant in the competition!

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 05:16:56

yeah its good for the switzerland team to setup a firework with a nice beautifull and hot week i promise a nice show this saturday !

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 05:18:01

i will take picture of the setup for each team by the jacque-cartier bridge and some pic of the show by mac donald street

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 08:57:53

My personal expectations for this display are quite high since I do indeed remember both the 1999 and 2000 displays, especially considering that their display in 1999 took place just before the day of the big electrical storm (supercell).

They did indeed have some rotten luck in those years, especially with the use of the of parachute shells (which were banned), as I remember back in 1999, which led them to disqualification. The weather didn't cooperate too much the following year for them, so that didn't help too much. All in all, however, I remember enjoying both displays quite a bit, especially with the materials and colors that were used. The choice of music was also quite pleasing to me.

I suppose we'll get a list of the sountracks being used later on. And yes, Fred, they are having some nice weather to setup, although there is a slight chance of a sprinkle shower, but that's no big deal. Looks pleasing for Saturday as well. It's a lot better than the cold start for Australia last year.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019