Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› About Snap Shots, Come in, Enkil>>>>>>>
Last poster Message

Posted: Oct 1, 2003 16:10:28

Hello, greetings!

I was wondering, do you think we should bring a camera and snap shots at next year's competition?

To be more specific, I think it would be nice if we could take a few shots at every display and collect them all for the whole year! We could have a nice collection of pictures and maybe we could post some good shots!

Well, it's a thought, so I don't know yet, but I think I will probably take my own shots next year for every display, especially since it's going to be the 20th anniversary, I'm going to want some pictures of my own!

What do you think?

Trav.

Posted: Oct 1, 2003 16:15:27

If you do, make sure you use a tripod, otherwise you'll be wasting your time. All the shots on this site were taken using a tripod and a slow film (most of them used 50ASA).

Paul.

Posted: Oct 1, 2003 18:01:16

well yeah thats kewl

althro i dunno what Paul means, i dunno what a tripod or a slow film is so i guess i need a special camera

theres already pics of each display here, althro u cant take them since its copyright, but theres alot in mondialsaq.com

ure idea is very kewl, what i would do is, i would take some pics on every ending, that would be very kewl

but film i think cost alot of money, and i dont think my mom or dad would allow me to do that, theyll say, "ure going to take pic on fireworks?!" and it can make me "deconcentrer" hehe

Posted: Oct 1, 2003 18:17:14   Edited by: Smoke

I don't think I will be able to bring a tripod, but I will try to do my best in taking good photos. As long as I get a decent shot, that's fine, I guess.

About taking picures for the ending, I will try to that at the very very end of the ending, so I don't miss out on the intense action! I will try to get a picture of a big bang!

A tripod is like a stand for a camera or video camera, and you see them being used for holding up telescopes and many other things. They're basically a 3 legged stand.

The thought of me taking pictures came up because I got a nice camera for my birthday in July and I thought that I need to make use of it, so I'm thinking about the competition! If I'm going to take pictures, why not take them of fireworks!

Besides, we have the biggest firworks competition in the world!

Trav.

Posted: Oct 2, 2003 14:13:49   Edited by: Smoke

Hey Paul, I'm curious, is it obligatory to use a tripod? Would it be effective even if I just snap pictures standing up?

Trav.

Posted: Oct 2, 2003 15:29:06

You could snap the pictures stood up if you rest the camera against something solid, like a pole or a fence or something like that. For good fireworks shots, you need an exposure time of the order of several seconds and it is very hard to hold a camera still - even resting against a pole - for that length of time. With a tripod, you'll get nice clean-looking steady shots, like the ones on this site. Of course, if you spend time taking photos, you'll miss most of the enjoyment of the display. I'm speaking from experience here!

Paul.

Posted: Oct 2, 2003 16:21:52   Edited by: Smoke

Oh, ok.

I think I will have to use a tripod because where I stand, there is nothing to rest it on. Well even if I was going to take shots of each display, I probably will take shots of only the ones I think are the nicest, I mean I would take between 5-7 shots in a display,including one from the very end.

Trav.

Posted: Oct 5, 2003 22:17:09

I do have a Sony digital camcorder... I thought I could actually film all the shows next summer, and upload them on the internet for streaming or downloading. I only tried to film fireworks once, in France, and it turned out very good!

Maybe I could record next year's finales?

Posted: Oct 6, 2003 14:10:09

Yeah, I'm going to try taking pictures next year, but like I said before, I'll take numerous shots during the displays and one after the big band in the end! I'll probably also take Paul's advice about the usage of a tripod, he does have experience! So, we'll see about that.

About recording finales, yes, that is a fantastic idea! This way you can compare and contrast your favorite endings in a given year!

Trav.

Posted: Oct 7, 2003 09:51:55

ryantyme idea is brillant

but theres one problem.. r u allowd to post the full display for download?

althro im not sure, but its interesing to know

ryantyme if u ever want to post videos of the displays, msg me i could tell u where to upload and some other stuffs

Posted: Oct 7, 2003 15:30:28

Yes, it is a great idea, to film the finales and then put them altogether! I think that will be worth watching over and over again!

Imagine that, a collection of finales in a year! That's a good idea ryantyme!

Why didn't I think of that!

Trav.

Posted: Oct 8, 2003 23:02:59

I could do that, no problem!
Next year, whenever I'll be recording videos, I'll contact you, Enkil, to upload them. If I upload finales only, the files should be okay. But if I record the full shows, expect the files to be very very large! Anyway, we'll see.

The only thing is, are we allowed to do this? Get a show on camera and sharing it on the internet? Maybe Paul knows that.

I think we should be allowed, I mean, I saw tourists taking parts of some shows on their camcorder. As long as we don't start selling them or anything.

Posted: Oct 9, 2003 14:14:21   Edited by: Smoke

Yes, I agree with you, ryantyme. During each display, I do often see many people video taping certain parts of a display, however, I think it's for their own personal use, not for posting it on the net, I mean every display. I don't know if we're allowed to post an entire display on the net, but I think Paul would know.

Anyways, the fact that recording every ending is an excellent idea indeed! I mean if they're available for downloading, then that's great, but if you have them recorded for yourself that's even better. Then you can post them for download!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Oct 9, 2003 17:00:44

yeah i always see ppl recording the display, one day when i get my own camera ill record all the shows and watch them a million times

i think posting the full display wouldnt be fair, i think posting the ending would be mostly "ok" but i dunno

i mean were not selling it, u didnt tape it from La Ronde, so what really wrong? Paul should know

ryantyme, if u ever record them and then rip the video in mpg, asf, avi format... pass it to me ill will try to reduce the size and correct if theres anything (in case ure not do good on these stuffs)
and i will upload it on a site and on some ftps

Posted: Oct 10, 2003 08:39:15   Edited by: Smoke

I don't think selling copies of tapes from an entire display recording is that fair, plus I don't think it is permitted to do that. That's what I heard.

However, I think taking pieces from each display, such as every ending, is more ethical and is better, in my opinion.

You remember the clips you posted on this forum, right Enkil? I don't think there is nothing wrong with that.

Maybe next year, after the competition is over we can try to download every finale, including Panzera finale, or better yet, we can try to find a way to post them for download!

What do you think?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Oct 10, 2003 08:42:39   Edited by: Smoke

Forgot to mention, isn't today the last day of the Symposium in Valencia?

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021