Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› How's The Snow, Enkil?
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 18, 2003 15:08:53   Edited by: Smoke

I think we got a whole lot of snow in such a short period of time, about 30+cm! However, I don't want to jinx it, it looks like it will get warmer by Monday, hopefully. I hope that doesn't change!

I remember you telling me that you walk to school. It must've been hard to get there, especially in that big snowstorm we got a few days ago!

Anyway, not too long till the new schedule! I just can't wait to see it! I really hope they're going to be 2 Spanish firms! That's the first thing I'm looking out for, either Caballer or Igual or both!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 21, 2003 10:48:34

well, actully my school was closed Wednesday

and these past few weeks its my neighbor who is sending me at school and taking me from school, so im fine

althro i have to walk home for lunch, but its been ok hehe

im home now finally, 2 weeks no school

i can tell u one thing im very happy were going to enter January
and u know whats werid, most of the companies have finished their displays (thats what i think) it means everything is ready, right?

Posted: Dec 23, 2003 06:06:11

Why are you guys talking about snow, lunch, and school in a "FIREWORKS FORUM"?

Don't you have each other’s email addresses for these types of topics.

Eugene

Posted: Dec 23, 2003 06:43:56

what more do u want us to talk about fireworks? hey at least were keeping the forum alive

Posted: Dec 23, 2003 09:21:00   Edited by: Smoke

Well, if you think about, Eugene, there's really nothing going on about fireworks now, as you very well know. They're no fireworks now! There's probably a few around the world, for that matter, if any. The last time there was something going on here in Montreal, was the Pyjama Fireworks display around Labour Day and then there was the Symposium in Valencia, Spain, in mid October , which Paul went to and informed to us in his report after his return.

As Enkil says, we are trying to keep this forum alive and if you've noticed, there's practically no one else posting besides Enkil and myself. And nothing to talk about fireworks in end of December! Right now it's Christmas time!

I don't want to argue too much on this matter because this is not the place to do that!

Right now, this forum is a little empty, but it's still going, so we're trying to post topics that are somewhat related to pyrotechnics or fireworks. All we can do right now is talk about the new schedule coming sometime in January for which I am showing a lot of enthusiasm as well as everyone else here, I'm sure!

Anyway, I can promise you that this forum will sky rocket more and more as the competition approaches closer and when it's here, there will be far too many posts for you to handle! I guarantee it!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 23, 2003 10:48:11

Well let me think.

Well, for one thing, its New Years Eve next week, so I can only imagine one, maybe even two, displays will happen somewhere in the world.

I did a show two weeks ago and one last week for a private party. Just doing a quick search in Google I found that some cities that have some sort of Winter Festival have regular fireworks eg. Niagara Falls.

How can you possibly back up a comment that there are no fireworks happening any where in the world? Montreal may be the centre of the fireworks world during the SAQ, but there are far more competitions, conventions, displays, and festivals that have world-class displays at any time of the year, including winter.

Guys, please do a bit more research before making any statements regarding fireworks. There are tons of websites which can turn any amateur into knowledgeable apprentice. If your excited about the upcoming schedule, great. But start familiarizing yourselves with different shell types, tableaus, music, design, set-ups, firing systems, choreography software, different companies, etc.

That would get some topics flowing in this forum.

Eugene

Posted: Dec 23, 2003 11:20:17   Edited by: Smoke

Ok, this is getting tedious.

I think you misunderstood me. I meant in Montreal, there's nothing going on now, except as you said, there could be some for New Years celebrations, for which I do agree, but that's pretty much it. I did not mean, I repeat, DID NOT say the rest of the world, which you falsely interpreted. There are always special festivities that are always happening around the world and can and do possibly involve fireworks for different things for special and big events! I would be wrong to say that they're no fireworks going on in the rest of the world! I think you should know that as well. Sorry for the misunderstanding in the previous post.

The Mondial SAQ is a very big event that happens every summer since 1985, so we are very lucky here to have a big fireworks competition such as this. It is the biggest of its kind after all!

Now, as you now there are MANY displays for New Years world wide, such as France, China, Spain, Italy, New York, etc. Just toon in on any news channel on New Year's Eve. Including here in Canada, like you said, Niagara Falls or Toronto or Vancouver and even here and possibly many other places have fireworks for New Years.

As for the new schedule, we are all very excited about it, especially since it's going to be the 20th anniversary in June, so this next competition is possibly going to be pretty intense and tight, as it was this year, and unique since it's going to involve only previous Gold Jupiter winners as far as I know! I also heard that there's going to be possibly 2 SPANISH FIRMS! It could be Pirotechnia Igual or Pirotechnia Caballer! These 2 firms have won quite a bit in the past. I believe Spain has won 4 gold Jupiters since they've been in the competition and they've won the most awards of all types! Where as the U.S has one 6 gold Jupiters. Spain is not too far behind. As you can see, the Spanish know exactly how to excite an audience with fireworks, especially when they use those extrememly loud salutes and titanium salutes in their finales and faux finales! Especially the magnificent and superbe job of their 2001 performance. That was simply amazing.

I could tell you how good it was! Paul could also tell you that! It was breath taking and stunning. Definitely one of the best I've seen since I was coming to the competition in 1990! That was Pirotechnia Igual, by the way. So I hope they'll be there next year, or if not them, hopefully Caballer, who also did great jobs in their entries in the past, as far as I remember them. So, as you already guessed, that's the first thing that I'm going to look for in the new schedule, as well as some other favorites!

Really, when the new schedule is released, there will be a lot of topics flowing here. You can count on that! Don't you worry, we'll have plenty to talk about fireworks! After the schedule is released, I'll have a lot to talk about. I guarantee it!

You just have to wait about a month or less. If you can, just be patient until then and you will see tons of topics going or if you'd like, why don't you start up a topic while you're at it and perhaps we'll respond to it? It's certainly better than complaining! Don't you agree?

Thank you,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 24, 2003 17:40:08

well me personally

im only interested in Montreals fireworks that is Mondial SAQ

simply becuz its the only fireworks place i can see, i know that there r other places, but since i cant be there i dont talk about them

but what i can assure u is that Montreals fireworks r for me very special and one the greatest things in my life and this has been in me for years
we got the bridge, the park, the water and of course La Ronde

thats the way i see and since theres nothing new happening right now, we try to keep the forum alive

ok enought said

Posted: Dec 25, 2003 05:15:51   Edited by: Smoke

Yes, I agree with Enkil, the setting is perfect for the competition, espcially La Ronde!

The Montreal Mondial SAQ fireworks competition is also very special to me because it's the biggest of its kind, lke I mentioned before, and we have the opportunity to see it every year! It has been special to me since I was 5!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.022