Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› La Ronde Building Something Near The Fireworks Lau
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 1, 2004 20:05:17

first let me credit this, it comes from xtremelaronde.tk's forum pics posted by user "vamp"

La Ronde is digging near the launch pads, i dunno if its for the fireworks, or for the new ride "Splash" or just something new

here r some pics
[url=]http://www.pixagogo.com/8171385241[/url]

see pic #5 and #8, what do u think?

Posted: Mar 2, 2004 05:48:11

I think that you should not expect any novelty at this place for this year. Digging is often necessary to build new rides and each year, since 2001, stocks of soil are flow into the lake. I am sure that it is less expensive than sending all that elsewhere.

But (and this is a big BUT), I would not be surprised that Six Flags projects to build new rides or attractions on this side of the park in a couple of years, or at least to build a path between La Grande Roue and Le Vampire. This digging is disquieting for the future of Fireworks Contest at La Ronde.

Frédérick

Posted: Mar 2, 2004 08:30:00

thats interesing

what if they decide to invade the whole lake and put new rides on it? then there would be no more fireworks

althro i doubt that would happen cuz the fireworks r important for La Ronde

Posted: Mar 2, 2004 14:31:23

Don't forget that the contract of sale of La Ronde to Six Flags included a clause to the effect that the fireworks competition must be kept going for at least ten years. I think this year probably counts as the forth out of ten so I doubt that anything too drastic will happen to the firing site for the time being.

It should be noted that the Lac aux Dauphins is very deep in the middle (over 20 metres I think) so it is probably the perfect place to dump excess material from works that have been carried out on site - especially as it's easy to just drop it on the ice and wait for warmer weather to dispose of it.

As for putting in a link from the Grande Roue to Le Vampire, perhaps they could supercharge the monorail instead - at the moment it takes ages to go round the site!

Paul.

Posted: Mar 4, 2004 09:05:36

someone email La Ronde and got this answer

Tout d’abord il faut dire qu’il n’y a pas de trou dans le lac !

Le lac est maintenu à son niveau normal de façon artificielle par des pompes situées du côté du fleuve St-Laurent.

Lorsque la saison se termine, les pompes sont arrêtées et le niveau du lac rejoint le niveau du fleuve.

A ce moment la partie 1 devient sèche pour toute la période d’hiver et seule les parties 2 et 3
restent submergées, ce qui donne l’impression qu’il y a un trou dans le lac

Montréal Longueuil

Au cours des années l’ajout de remblais (terre, roche, etc.) à modifié la forme du fond du lac jusqu'à sa forme actuelle.

DONNÉES TECHNIQUES

Partie 1 : profondeur de 6 à 10 pieds

Partie 2 : profondeur de 12 à 20 pieds

Partie 3 : profondeur 60 pieds

P.S. : Les poissons restent dans la partie 3 tout l’hiver

Paul Csukassy
Directeur Technique Feux d’Artifice

Posted: Mar 4, 2004 23:22:07

even if i am believing that there is nothing to fear for the event with this picture. The answer from mr Csukassy is really weird...

Maybe there is no hole and the place is not deep in the 1st section of the lake... But this is not an explanation to a such amount of ground. Look at the height and you'll see that even if there is water in the lake it will be higher than the right side of the ramp...

I prefer thinking that it is just a dump of excess material from works for the new ride...

Posted: Mar 5, 2004 12:47:29

Whatever it is, it wouldn't threaten the competition.

I wouldn't bother too much about it.

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025