Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Salut
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 13, 2004 16:37:57

Salut, je suis nouveau sur ce forum!

Je suis un artificier et pyrotech. de Québec, je suis content d'avoir enfin trouver un forum sur les feux d'artifices au Québec et de pouvoir discuter de produits pyrotechniques avec d'autres artificier!

Posted: Apr 8, 2004 15:18:00   Edited by: fireworksforum

Salut! Bienvenue a notre forum. I don't write too well in French so I'll switch to English. It's always interesting to have professional pyrotechnicians join, and we're interested in hearing the sort of displays you work on and any other aspects of fireworks and pyrotechnics!

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Apr 13, 2004 18:19:58

Good, so I'm gonna practice my english!! It isn't a problem for me, but my english is not perfect!!!

By the way, Do you know guys what is the best month to go in Spain to see firework competitions and Mascleta...???

I worked on a Mascleta in Quebec city for the 50th Quebec Carnaval on febuary and I love the sound of it!!!This wasn't a big mascleta(5min,), because it was the first Mascleta since 3 years here, so we tried with good result I think!!

What a feeling man!!

Thanks

BenHur

Posted: Apr 14, 2004 04:40:54

The best time to see masceleta's and evening shows is in march .
Fom 14 till 19 march there are everyday masceleta's and evening shows .

8 okbtober there is 1 masceleta and 2 eveningshows .

Posted: Apr 14, 2004 16:20:57

Ben,

it sounds like the Masceleta was a lot of fun. Do you know where it was imported from and who imported it? I didn't see any Masceleta items on the ERD authorized list It's my dream to do a Masceleta in downtown Montreal!

As for competitions in Spain, there's a few in the summer. San Sebastian and Taragona are the main ones. I'm sure a web search will turn up the dates. Tony's right about the Masceletas in Valencia - I wish I could have been there in March but last October was also a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Apr 14, 2004 20:37:49

I worked with Fiatlux on this one and I think it was a special mascletas conception from Antonio Caballer...

Posted: Apr 15, 2004 02:04:00

Yes ,
The masceleta's are very hard to import .
I was talking to vincente caballer and they told us it was not possible to import .

But now a friend of my has it arranged with a other company so now we 20-08-2004 a masceleta in Holland from a valencian company but there will be 7 or 8 persons working from that company on the masceleta .

If you wanna import sucj thing wich is alomst already impossible because some thing used in the masceleta are 1.1G you have to contact one of the comapny's in Valencia ...

Ahhh Yeah Octobre was a lot of fun .
Crazy fireworks i have seen there.
I want to go to japan next year for the 8th symposium but i think the hotel is a bit expensive . But i will see

Posted: Apr 17, 2004 08:52:36

For sure, it's too expensive for me!!

Posted: Apr 17, 2004 18:52:32

Ben,

as far as I know, a masceleta is rarely longer than about 5 minutes. As for the cost of the 8th Symposium, at the 7th Symposium in Valencia we were told that they would do everything in their power to make sure that the cost of having it in Japan would be about the same, from an attendees point of view, as it was in Spain. I hope that will be the case since the Valencia Symposium was just fabulous.

Now we just have to figure out how to make a masceleta in Canada. All it needs (he says, greatly simplifying things) are a lot of ground salutes with bengal composition time delays and a whole bunch of quickmatch and pyro delays. Perhaps we could persuade Hands to add the bengal composition to their ground bombs

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Apr 18, 2004 09:19:36

I think the Mascletas is something like a masterpiece, where you're not suppose to put any delay or quickmatch, because it's a tradition in Spain. But in Canada, with the explosive Division and all the security stuff around the firework, we don't have choice ( I think ) to put delay and quickmatch between two differents lines of Mascletas, because if we have an emergency or something we can stop the mascletas between two lines.

But the spanish mascleta was very easy to install when you have the plan and all the materials. I don't think it will be less expensive if we make our own mascletas in Canada!

But I say: We should try to create our own Mascleta.

Sorry For my english

BenHur

Posted: Apr 18, 2004 13:05:27

Hey guys........What's a "Mascleta"? All I know is that it lasts around 5 minutes, that's what Paul says.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 18, 2004 20:56:30

The current issue with Hand's ground bombs, is that they have an internal delay. The are made with an e-match already installed, but they have a small delay internally. This sucks when you are trying to time effects. To get past that, you have to rip apart the top of the ground delay, remove the delay and carefully re-insert the e-match.

But, there is no need to use Hand's ground bombs, and licensed Pyrotechnician, can make effects using legal products. Taking some 4F gun powder, and packaging tightly would produce the same effect as a ground bomb. Even though Hands uses flash powder, gun powder is just as loud, and much cheaper.

Sean

Posted: Apr 19, 2004 19:46:07

A Mascleta for me isn't just ground bomb and ground effect! When you look a mascleta, it's like a tons of candies hook in the air on a rope and interconnect with match, and you could see blue, red, yellow, green...wrapping bomb!!

It's very impressive to see all this beautiful candy bomb falling to the ground and explose with this great sound! oh yes

Again, Excuse my english, I'm a little bit tired tonight!!

BenHur

Posted: Apr 21, 2004 15:17:35

You're right, it is more than just ground bombs. But I was thinking that "regular" ground bombs could easily be modified to be the sort of suspended salutes with integral bengals as delays that are seen hanging up in masceletas. That said, check out some of the masceletas on the freakpyromaniacs.com website and there are quite a lot of very highly sequenced electrically fired salutes that are just attached to the fence and don't have any coloured paper on them.

By the way, traditional masceletas used to use black powder based devices - there was one video on the freaks site that showed such a masceleta. That would also be fun to do. I think they do things like that in Italy where they used small cast-iron "cannons" (for want of a better word) filled with BP, rather than the flash-based "trachas" used in Valencia.

All very impressive though

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Mar 15, 2005 12:36:22

The mascleta was from Pirogestion, Taragonna, Spain

A lil company who's big neighbour and partner is Igual

see ya

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021