Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Allumettes électriques
Last poster Message

Posted: Mar 17, 2004 15:37:33

Salut,
À quelle endroit peut-on trouver des allumettes électriques pas trop dispendieuse.

Merci

Posted: Apr 20, 2004 15:10:03

Oh, Too much reply on this post!!

Anyway, I try something else and I will come back with the result.

I make my own electric match now and I must finish them and test!

BenHur

Posted: Apr 21, 2004 15:11:46

Let us know how they work out. I know that a couple of pyro supply companies in the US have "kits" for e-matches. I've also used model rocket igniters, but they don't have much power compared to the sort of e-matches that are normally used in pyro.

I'd be interested to know how much they cost compared to the usual brands.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Apr 21, 2004 19:38:28

I have taken many photos of the Montreal fire works but none as good as those displayed on this site. Are reproductions of them available for sale?

Posted: Apr 26, 2004 07:22:31

Bob,

I'm not sure how your message fits into the thread of electric igniters, but I'll answer your question anyway.

I have provided links to all the photographers whose work appears on this site. I'm sure if you email them, they'll tell you if they can sell you a reproduction of the photos you're interested in and quote you a price for the size that you want. If you put your cursor above the thumbnail picture, it should say who the photographer is. If it is one of my pictures, just send me an email and I'll give you the price.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Apr 26, 2004 12:52:00

Hey Paul, how many pictures do you usually take per display?

This year I may take some of my own since it's the 20th annversary.

Trav.

Posted: Apr 26, 2004 13:20:42

None

My professional friends Bob Burch and Steve Austin take the photos whilst I take the notes. To answer your earlier question, I write about 30-35 pages of notes per display as I'm watching. You can find out the exact amount in my annual summary.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Apr 26, 2004 13:39:08

To tell you the truth, I find that very impressive. How do you do it?

It must be really tough to take so much notes and watch at the same time.

I have to be honest with you, but every display that I watch each year, I always wonder how you manage. I remember you having a hard time with England last year with all the wind and rain. That was tough for me grasping the umbrella alone!

Anyway, as long as you enjoy the show, that's waht counts. Besides, we all rely on you to provide us with a detailed anaysis of the displays! We need you! lol

Well anyway, I just want to know one more thing. How do you remember what types of fireworks go up during every segment, meaning bombettes, salutes, etc? I mean it all happens so fast! I find it interesting.

By the way, this year is looking very good and exciting. Just as I thought since August and since you posted the new schedule. Did you hear about the "Platinum Jupiter"? I think the performances will be intense this year since the stakes are high. After reading what Frederick posted, I know it's going to be a fantastic year. I guarantee it!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: May 24, 2004 14:28:54

OK Finally, I made my own ematches and here is the result:

I made 4 ematches today for my first test and the result was positive!! All of them worked very good!

I had a bad feeling about the time before my ematches start to burn, but in fact it was really quick depend on the battery I took!!

Yes, I tried with a 12v drill battery and it was quick as another commercial ematches, I tried two ematches connected in series with the 12v battery and it was quick too!!
I tried my last ematches test with two 1.5volts battery connected in series and I count two second before my ematches start.
It was long because I didn't have enough power to heat very quick my nichrome wire.

check this site for the recipe( I try the second recipe with blank copper board): http://sparksrocketry.com/igniters.htm

My second test will be with 10 ematches connect together in series and I will try to start them with 90 volt DC ( 10 x 9volts battery in series).

I'll come back later with the result and the approx. price of these ematches!!

BenHur
sorry for my bad english, I'll try to be better next time!!!
check this site: http://www.lesgrandsfeux.com/

Posted: Mar 15, 2005 12:32:33

Ben kesse tu veux faire avec des squibs hein ?
hehehe

Posted: Mar 15, 2005 13:34:40

Hehe, Qu'est-ce que tu en pense!!! Au lieu de payer 2$-4$ du squib dépendamment de la longueur, ben je le fabrique moi-même pis je sauve pas mal!!! je fais des tests pour voir l'efficacité et pour l'instant les 15 squibs que j'ai essayé on bien répondu, j'essai une nouvelle méthode pour voir le temps de réaction, car on veut que çà soit très quick. C'est plate que tu sois anonymous car j'aurais parié que tu sois quelqu'un que je connais !!!

Posted: Jun 15, 2005 11:16:17

dernièrement j'ai fabriqué mes propres mèches électriques avec de la laine d'acier et de deux fils de cuivre et d'un transformateur pour
train téléguidé.en plus j'ai filmé cette expérience pour prouver que
ca marche mais malheureusements c'est filmé sur une cassette VHS.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.028