Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› This year's Audience.
Last poster Message

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 06:44:04

Hey Paul, I was just curious, but, do you think there will be a slight abundance of people this year per dispay, or will it be roughly the same?

I was wondering about this because I was thinking that there might be more people that might show up this year due to the fact that it's the 20th anniversary and it's going to be special.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 07:24:38

I think there will be more people this year. The PR team at La Ronde told me that they're going to be doing much more advertising this year - which is why the press conference was so early this time. They said there's going to be lots of publicity events so I think this should translate into higher attendance figures. Assuming, of course, that the weather is good. The problem last year is that it often rained in the day of the displays, even if it was dry in the evening. This definitely lowers attendance.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 09:38:30

Yes, you're right.

Weather is definitely a key factor to both attendance and the fireworks displays.

And yes, I agree that during the day, if it rains, it can really influence the decisions of many people and thus, have a big impact on the amount of people that would actually show up.

If they're doing more advertisements, than that will help encourage more and more people to attend, despite the weather, of course.

BTW, you're still going to be in the usual spot, right?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 09:38:38   Edited by: Enkil

aha

but theres another problem and new one this year

the metro Henri Bourassa is closed this summer!

that means ppl living in Laval, Cartierville will have to the bus to got to Cremazil, including me

im still try to figured out how this will work, i must take the metro to go Jean Drapeau at 9pm

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 09:46:32

Enkil,

Perhaps you could go with your family and drive there instead.

Just a suggestion. But yes, you're right, that could affect the population somewhat.However, I'm sure they'll try to find another alternative to get there. Any enthusiast would!

Trav.

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 10:02:40

with my family? no it doesnt work, i dont think anyone here would want to go with the car from Laval to Jean Drapeau, everyweek lol, theyre to busy

besides its better with the metro cuz i can get in Jean Drapeau and near La Ronde

i dont really think it will be a huge effect, but for enthusiasts living in Laval, prolly yeah,
i know that alot of ppl that go there from Laval

anyways

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 12:51:27

Yes, I see what you mean.

Anyways, I was wondering. Are you still heading up the bridge this year, or are you planning to watch somewhere else this year?

BTW, time really flew since last August, huh? I mean tomorrow is May1st already.

We really did a good job killing time since then, plus, today is pretty hot for the first time! Anyway, I just don't want this year's competition to go by too fast, though, especially this year, and let's hope the weather will cooperate, too. Summer is not that far away....

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 15:15:58

yeah, time passed every fast

as for the weather, i know its hot, but its just temporay,
meteomedia.com is announcing 8 10 degrees next week, were not into the hot weather yet

i guess its a bit fair, becuz winter came very late last year

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 17:28:57   Edited by: Smoke

Yes, I actually knew it would start to get cold since last week after I looked at the 7 day outlook. Why not say that I'm a weather watcher. Ohhhhhhh, I wish everyday was like today.

Anyway, this year's competition is really looking fantastic. From what I see, I think I'm going to try to attend them all this year, rain or shine, plus, there might be more people this year. I also might snap some photos this year for the special occasion. Besides, one of the displays fall on my birthday this year, on the 21st of July. I'm definitely looking foward to that particular day!

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021