Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› buying tickets - same day vs. advance
Last poster Message

Posted: May 22, 2004 05:52:46

We happen to be visiting Montreal on July 24 and want to see the fireworks show that night. We arrive that day, so spending the whole day at La Ronde is not possible.

Does the seating in the park (gold/silver/bronze) usually sell out in advance? Can you show up at La Ronde late in the day and have any chance at purchasing park admission that includes seats?

The park prices on La Ronde's website don't say anything about purchasing seats for fireworks, however they have a "grounds only" admission price which would be good for me since I don't like most rides. If you buy at the park, can you get "grounds only" plus the fireworks? This is not an option when purchasing online.

Thanks for your help!

Joyce

Posted: May 22, 2004 08:02:40

It is usually possible to buy tickets on the day - especially if the weather during the day is not too good (it is often the case that it is wet during the day and then dry by the time the displays start).

It is not possible to purchase a ticket that gives a seat but no rides . A park-only ticket will give many good viewing places without a seat but be prepared to find your spot several hours before the display starts. Bronze and Silver tickets are only slightly more expensive than a full with-rides park admission. If you already have a 6 Flags season pass, though, you will get "free" park admission but if you wanted seats in that case, you'd still have to pay the full with-seats price.

If you really want to guarantee a seat, the best bet is to purchase in advance. If you do it by phone, you get some choice of seat location. With the online purchase, I don't think you get any choice of seats.

Hope this helps,

Paul.

Posted: May 22, 2004 14:48:18

Thanks! You've been very helpfull!

Posted: Jul 5, 2004 06:58:03

i heard about the world fireworks display in canada on the water, could anyone tell me where it is, and any other info please and what water way are they on and directions to get there. Thanks, CATCH.......

Posted: Jul 6, 2004 10:12:35

Well Catch, if you were to look at the rest of this website, it would tell you all the information you need to know, including directions, dates and even links to buy the tickets on-line. Go to http://www.montreal-fireworks.com and check out the "Information" section to answer pretty much all your questions.

Cheers,

Paul.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.013