Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› New website from holland
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 17, 2004 04:43:50

Hello,

We are from Holland and we have a website about firework shows, The website concerns movie’s and picture from firework shows in Europe.
We started just a while ago so and at this moment we have only movies from Holland and Germany.
In the month September we visit Barcelona for a firework show.
A lot of information in de websites of firework in your country is in a language I cant read so I have a question for you.
Can you give me please some information about big firework shows in your country. You can register in our forum on the website and place your information there.
We would like to film more firework shows in other countries but I need the exact dates and a explanation of the show.

If you would be so kind, I thank you,

www.vuurwerk-freak.com

With regard from Holland

Freaky Yvon

Posted: Jun 17, 2004 06:44:08   Edited by: Smoke

Yvon,

From what I hear, you guys in Holland have excellent fireworks displays! I'm also pleased that you've decided to become a member of our forum. So, welcome! Your fireworks are also very popular and well-known world wide!

Anyways, if you really want to know of any places where the biggest fireworks displays are held in our country, Canada, you'll find them in Vancouver, Toronto, Quebec City, Sherbrooke and many other places.

The biggest fireworks competition in the country, and the world, is being held in Montreal, which is called The Mondial SAQ International Fireworks Competition. I'll give you the dates when each presentation will be made, rain or shine. This is also the 20th anniversary, so it's a special year.

I know that Holland is a participant this year, since they won the gold Jupiter in 1995, so they've returned to compete this year.

As for dates, the opening show is already over, which was presented on the 12th of June. The next one is on June 19th, which is Spain-Pirotechnia Igual, to start off the competition. Then comes Japan-Marutamaya Co.Ltd. They're presenting on June 26th. They were the first winners of the competition in 1985.

The next firm will be presenting on July 3rd, by Italy, which is IPON S.R.L. Following them is then a Spain once again, except this time it's Pirotechnia Vicente Caballer. They will be on July 10th. JNS Pyrotechniek B.V. will then be representing Holland on Wednesday the 14th of July. I think you'll be familiar with them. Notice that the sequence starts going from Wednesday, Saturday, now. From here on there's 2 displays per week.

Sunny International Co. Inc., representing China will be held on Saturday, the 17th of July. Société Lacroix-Ruggieri, presenting for France, is being held on the 21st of July and then following them, will be the last competitor, Weco Pyrotechnische Fabrik, presenting on Germany's behalf.

After each country has finished, the closing Panzera Show will take place on the 28th of July and the award ceremonies will take place prior to the actual display. The winner of the Platinum Jupiter will also be annonced before the display. Also take note that there will be only one prize this year.

I will try to post more information on your forum regarding each display and give the dates once more. The info I provided here are exactly when each display is fixed to go. All displays begin at 10:00, eastern time at Montreal.

I hope that helped.

Once again, thank you for becoming a member of our forum. Please feel free to share with us more of the fireworks at Holland.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023