Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Professional school to become a professionnal pyro
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 19, 2004 16:29:08

Hi...

I'm 18 right now and even though I'm in management informatic, I'm planning to go for pyrotechnic formation as soon as I finish this. The only thing is that I really don't know where to go.

I'm living near Montreal right now, and I would really appreciate a place in the region, and in french. If there isn't, english is ok and honnestly I don't really mind going somewhere relatively far. I just want a well-known place that will give me a nice formation.

Can someone help me with that ?
Thanks in advance...

Posted: Jun 20, 2004 20:02:46

I dont know such school around... And i am working with fireworks for my 14th season this summer.

I suggest you to get your certification from the Explosives Regulatory Division of Canada. You'll get info there: http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/mms/explosif/edu/edu_displayA_e.htm

After that, the way i know is to learn it from experienced workers. To do so you must contact a company to do some fireworks with them. And learn from practice.

Remember that you will need too the "permis général des explosifs" (sry dont know it in english) from the Sureté du Québec wich is 31$ and can be obtained at the Parthenais prison in Montreal at the "Bureau des permis"

Posted: Jun 24, 2004 20:55:08

I checked your information and thank you to give them to me... But another question would be : Is it easy to get a compagny to do fireworks with them ??

I imagine that you do outside fireworks, but do you know about special effects fireworks ? I would like opinions on which would be the most fun and why... I think I would like both, but maybe there are things I don't know on one or the other...

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023