Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› About The Photos On This Site.
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 27, 2004 07:53:25   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

I was just wondering, but, would it would be ok to use one of the photos as a background for my desktop? I would have to get permission from Bob Burch, I guess, since they're copyright.

My second question is, what type of camera does he use? I've noticed that the pics are very well defined and very sharp and clear with a lot of in-depth details. I'm just curious.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 27, 2004 09:08:38

I'm sure it would be OK to use them as a background for your desktop, though the pictures are probably too small.

In past years, Bob provided "wallpaper" pictures which could be
downloaded from the official Mondial SAQ site. I noticed that they don't have then this year. I'll ask him if I can put them up on this site again for people to download.

Bob told me that he will prepare an article for this site which describes his technique. I can tell you though that he uses a fairly old and trusty Minolta SLR his shots. Probably as important is the film he uses: Fuji Velvia slide film with a slow speed of 50ASA. This is the one of the highest resolution films available and it is the slow speed which allows the camera to avoid recording the smoke.

We do a little bit of post-processing of the images before they're put on this site to maintain contrast and sharpness, but there is no processing done to the colours. What you see here is really what you saw in the display.

Cheers,

Paul.

Posted: Jun 27, 2004 09:50:29   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

All I can say is that Bob does a good job in his work! It's great not to have smoke in the pictures! I've been observing that for years now!

I used that last picture that was posted for Spain, with the purple colors high in the air at that nice angle. It looks great on my desktop and it illuminates my room when the monitor is on. It really has some nice resolution! The color is also very dramatic and, in a sense, stunning.

BTW, thx for the info.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.025