Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Best and Most Intense Finale Ever Seen?
Last poster Message

Posted: Jun 27, 2004 13:43:53

Hello,

Does anyone have an opinion on the best finale ever seen at the competition? I personally think that it's Spain 2001.

Post your thoughts here.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jun 27, 2004 13:48:05   Edited by: fireworksforum

Italy in 1997 still stands out in my mind, and also their display in 1998. The first Spanish finale I saw was in 1993 and, that being the first year I'd seen the competition, was very memorable. Also that year Ruggieri's finale completely blotted out the Jacques Cartier bridge with smoke, ash and paper! Quite stunning.

Another huge finale was Atlas (USA) in 1995. Apparently 3000 shells were fired in the last 45 seconds.

I have a feeling that IPON's finale this coming Saturday will bring back memories of 1997 and 1998

Paul.

Posted: Jun 27, 2004 14:00:15   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

I do remember France of 1993, with all that stuff in the air! That was probably the loudest chest thumping show ever done! You'd be surprised of how far that reached! Spain in 2001 was also very incredible, with that amazing faux finale and then the real thing! And yes, I very well remember U.S.A of 1995. I though that the finale wouldn't be that intense, since the display was not much in intensity, until then. You'll see that in your report for that year!

You're also right about IPON in the past. They always do a good job! As you say, I'm sure that they'll do something possibly similar to that of then. I don't think you'll know about this one, since you weren't here in 1991 and 1992. Those year's we had some crazy finales, as well, especially Spain in 1991! I still remeber then. 1990 had some nice finales, too.

One question. Between Japan and Spain, which had the better finale, in your own opinion? I'd say Spain, in my view.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012