Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Happy Canada Day!!
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 1, 2004 05:15:30

Greetings,

Just to wish everyone a great Canada Day!

Also, just of curiosity, does anyone know of any fireworks displays going on tonight for the occasion?

Post your replies soon.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 1, 2004 06:10:41

There's always fireworks in the Old Port in Montreal. I think it starts around about 11pm, but the timing depends on the live bands that will be there in the evening. I'm sure there are other displays in and around Montreal.

I'm working on my first professional show tomorrow, in Lac Brome (east of Montreal). I'll keep you all posted with the details later. I spent most of yesterday matching together finale chains and assembling racks of candles. Many people would be surprised how much work goes into a 12-13 minute show!

Paul.

Posted: Jul 1, 2004 08:23:06   Edited by: Smoke

Yes, I agree.

I'm sure that a lot of work is put into there, regardless of time! Well, I'm happy that you're working on your first show and I hope it will be a great one! Like you said, make sure that you keep us posted!

As for the displays going on tonight, I'm sure they'll be a lot going on around the island. I know there will be some around my area at 10 P.M. I'll probably check out the one at the Old Port, if I can.

Thanks for the info,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 1, 2004 19:52:19   Edited by: Smoke

Just got back from a nice display for Canada Day, near my house. It wasn't bad and I pretty much enjoyed it, since I was close to the firing site.

I loved the finale and the salutes used with all the shells at the top! It was well done. My favorite part was the salutes in the end because it was pretty loud for me, especially being so close!

BTW, did anyone see the display at the Old Port? Please let me know.

I hope everyone had a great Canada Day, despite all the thunderstorms! Only normal for Canada displays!!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 1, 2004 19:56:17

i try to look everywhere in the sky, theres no fireworks here, the only thing i hear r the beep beep sounds from the Greeks

Smoke, r Greek celebrating in ure area?

its funny how Greek flags fly during a Canada day

Posted: Jul 2, 2004 08:44:46   Edited by: Smoke

I didn't see much Greek celebrations in my area, but I can tell you
that there was a lot of Canadian flags everywhere, obviously. However, I did see some Greek flags around at times.

I actually saw 2 displays last night and it was pretty cool to see the lightning from the heavy thunderstorms integrated with the display. I called it the "lightning vs. fireworks" scenario!

I don't mind having lightning during a display, as long as it doesn't rain, however it can distract the audience.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.030