Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› best viewing area...
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 13, 2004 12:05:46

what is it?

Posted: Jul 13, 2004 12:27:53

Satch,

For you to find the viewing area, I would say at the Silver Section at La Ronde. Tickets are not that expensive, and from what I hear and from experience, I would say that it's a one of the best viewing spots.

If you don't want to pay for anything, you can come where I watch the fireworks, which is on De Lorimier and Notre-Dame streets, located on the opposite side of La Ronde, across the river. It's right at the foot of the bridge.

Here, you can also see practically everything! In years of experience, I think that it's great for viewing. And plus, parking lots are close and if you need to, you can access the ville-Marie tunnel quickly on Viger street after the police permit you.

Now, you've got choices! It's totally up to you.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Jul 13, 2004 13:57:28

ya, that's where i usually go.

is being on the bridge not better?

Posted: Jul 13, 2004 15:56:35

the location that Smoke is talking is prolly the best and the nearest u can get

i used to go on the bridge, the bridge is good too, but ure A BIT far

but i believe Smokes place is much better

Posted: Jul 13, 2004 16:10:17

Yes, I agree. I'm not saying that the bridge is a bad spot, it's actually the highest point of watching the fireworks, but as Enkil said, you're a little too far, from an actual viewing perspective.

I've been on the bridge before and it wasn't bad, but I did find that I was a little too far away from the fireworks.

I've really never complained about where I stand for the past 14 years! It's great and easy to get out when you're leaving and absolutely free, providing you get there early enough.

Enkil, are you still going on the bridge tomorrow with your mom and aunt, or are coming on Notre-Dame?

Trav.

Posted: Jul 13, 2004 16:26:26

Smoke, from now on im going where ure going, simple becuz its near the fireworks, despite the fact that i cant see the lower parts, i dunno how u can, but what the hell, i guess its not that important

only toomorow night, we're going on the bridge, for my aunt, my mother wants her to see the view from the bridge

i dont want too, but i know that my aunt wants to go there, so we'll do it for her

Posted: Jul 13, 2004 16:44:00

I guess I can tell you how I see the lower ones.

It's simple. I'm ontop a median on De Lorimier, which gives me the advantage of seing over everyone. I don't see all the lower ones, I mean the REALLY low ones, but I can tell you that I see a good portion the low ones, in general! It's great, really. However, usually I see the extremely low ones, but just barely. I could see the flashing and colour effects that they give off.

Regards,

Trav.

Page loading time (sec.): 0.012